Ratings for Dr. Toni Zhong

Dr. Zhong gave me breasts that are better than the original ones that nearly killed me. My bilateral mastectomy was performed in Edmonton, AB in 2009. By the time I got to Dr. Zhong I was 8 years post surgery. I had an amazing surgeon in Edmonton who removed the diseased breasts so well that whenever I was seen by any medical professionals I was complimented at the great job . My reconstruction was delayed due to life getting in the way. Lol. Dr. Zhong worked with my radiated skin on one side and non-radiated on the other. I chose the Diep Flag method. I did a second surgery 1 year after (by my choice) for nipple placement and lift on non-radiated side. Overall, I am so grateful for my surgeons. Basically she has made new breasts while giving me a flat tummy. Outstanding! Thank you so very much Dr. Zhong. It feels like a second chance at life in more ways than one. The staff are pure gold. Agnes, Camille are so warm and friendly. True angels. God Bless you all!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2018

Dr. Zhong is the most patient, professional, knowledgeable and talented plastic surgeon I have ever met. She took the time to answer every one of the million questions I asked at every appointment. Her staff was incredibly responsive and informative including Agnes, Sandy and Camille. The procedures she recommended and later performed over several surgeries resulted in exactly what she promised and were miraculous. To this day - I still find it unbelievable what she was able to do to restore my body. She is a perfectionist and is extremely cautious and conservative in terms of risk and care. She is a one of kind person and doctor. I owe her so much for all she has done for me. And, I feel lucky to have been referred to her for my reconstruction surgeries. Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2018

Dr Zhong did my breast reconstruction after bilateral mastectomy due to breast cancer in October 2017. Dr Zhong and her entire team were very sympathetic, understandable and very knowledge with my situation. Their attention and care made this 'not so pleasant' trip much better and bearable. Camile was very attentive and always prompt to answer or pass on my questions. I am truly impressed for the level of service and care. From the moment of our first meeting after discovering breast cancer and discussing procedures, I knew I was in the right hands with Dr. Zhong and her team, thank you to Dr Easson (surgical oncologist) for referring my case to her. I am blessed and very fortunate for being in their care. My new breasts look great (even better than my natural ones used to), no complications whatsoever. After three months from the reconstruction surgery, I was able to return to the gym and resume my active lifestyle. Very very happy! Wonderful team, wonderful plastic surgeon !!!! Forever grateful ! Ana Mera

flag | Submitted July 18, 2018

Dr. Zhong reconstructed my breasts after double mastectomy in 2014. I was fortunate to be offered a complete reconstruction at time of mastectomy. In other words, with the help of Dr. David McCready ( surgical oncologist), I woke up from what could have been a nightmare, with brand new breasts. I did not experience any complications. Dr. Zhong and her team were accessible to my calls and concerns. About 18 months later, Dr. Zhong performed aereola tattoos, and later, she fashioned nipples for me. Dr. Zhong has always been professional, pleasant and knowledgeable. She is/ was empathetic to my needs. I feel like I have developed a lovely relationship with her, as I have, after 4 years, returned for some small cosmetic “ touch-ups”. It has been a long journey and I feel incredibly fortunate that Dr. Zhong was there for me. I am sorry to read that some patients have received anything but stellar care as that was not my experience at all. A WONDERFUL PLASTIC SURGEON!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

Dr. Zhong is very good at surgery and I am currently very happy with my implant after breast cancer. Dr. Zhong’s staff member Camille is absolutely amazing. Camille was very patient, helpful, knowledgeable and quick to respond to my questions or find someone that could.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

I met Dr Zhong after being diagnosed with a recurrence of breast cancer. Because of everything I had read, I was afraid I would have no reconstruction options. I had radiation treatment in the past and I am very thin. DR. ZHONG GAVE ME HOPE FROM THE FIRST TIME I MET HER. I had a double mastectomy with immediate reconstruction. During my expansion phase, my previously radiated breast was a lot smaller than the non radiated breast. I had a lot of questions and concerns at every appointment. Dr. Zhong always took the time to answer my questions. She was kind and compassionate. I had my exchange surgery in November. My breasts are symmetrical and I am very happy with how they look. Thank you Dr. Zhong! I also want to thank Agnes, I must have called her at least 40 times to ask questions. She was always professional, friendly and helpful. And Camille is lovely and was always able to squeeze me in for an appointment. Jody M

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

I found Dr Zhong, Dr Eduardo Gus,and all of her staff professional, caring and compassionate. I had some issues with the expander, which were dealt with satisfactorily. I haven't had the final step which is the implant. I'm not sure what the final cosmetic effect will be but I'm optimistic that Dr Zhong and her team will do a good job. I felt well cared for and always listened to. Her administrative person, Camille always returned calls promptly, got me appointments..she was so pleasant and professional.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Left with uneven breasts and nothing but complications and had to endure several surgeries. Its bad enough having to deal with cancer but having to deal with a dr with a huge ego and no accountability is definately unacceptable.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Dr. Toni Zhong and team looked after my breast reconstruction after my bi-lateral mastectomy April 2017. I had tissue expanders and just recently after 6 months of expansion recieved my silicone implants. Dr. Zhong and team are extremely attention to detail... and very professional. She is fast paced in answering all questions of concern. I was taken very good care of by her and her team at Princess Margaret. My breasts are simectrical and very minimal scars. I would definitely recommend her to anyone needing reconstruction. Thank you Dr. Zhong!!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

I had my reconstruction surgery on July 28th, and was so disgusted by the job Dr. Zhong did. She knew I suffer from capsule caracture and instead of making my breasts look somewhat normal I came out looking like a pancake flat and having on the side. I got told I needed yet another surgery to take fat from my body to make my breasts look more full. One side is fine, the other looks like a freak show. I haven't stopped crying. I can't even wear a bikini or get undressed without tears filling my wires from how bad I look and then to be told I need to wait 6 months for my next surgery.. I'm exhausted and feel like I don't matter. I try to keep positive and many know me this way but to not be able to undress or to feel like a woman in clothes and out of just so humiliating. I feel like a huge part of me was taken and Dr. Zhong knew I had issues with lack of fat and didn't address them to avoid an extra surgery, now I need to return or forever LoL like a flat, ugly pancake on my right breast. My breast even wrinkles now. It's really something from a freak show and everyday I cry looking at how badly it was butchered.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017