Ratings for Dr. Dana Cohen

She has zero empathy and lacks knowledge. I understand if she doesn't have the empathy but at least have SOME sympathy a for people who are a in pain, no matter the age. I was very disappointed after my Appointment with her because I had waited 6 months for this appointment. I had read some reviews stating that she is very knowledgeable. But her knowledge did not seem to be there during my appointment with her. She is definitely in the wrong profession

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

I've seen alot of doctors but she has the worst bedside manner ever. Because of my age, I felt that she had already decided that nothing is wrong with me even before I walked into her office. I felt very rushed. She did not give me enough time to even tell her all the medications I'm taking. She was also very very dismissive and condescending. If you are young , in pain and your condition isn't obvious (because you don't look like you're dying), she will not help you. I begged her to just review my case and asked for ways to manage my pain without taking drugs because I would like to have children soon, she basically ignored me. And suggested opioids such as Nucynta. After a quick 1 minute physical assessment, where she had me lie down on a table and bend my knees. She asked if the was any pain in my hips. I said no. After I got down from the table, she then told me she couldn't help me. And that I don't have any connective tissue disorders like my GP and another specialist suspected. Her reaction when I mentioned the connective tissue disorders was very rude. She laughed at me and said condescendingly "oh honey, you don't have that. You're fine". I was hysterically crying during the appointment because I felt very frustrated and it felt like the end of the road for me. She then said that she will ask her colleagues to try and see if they have a diagnosis or any non-invasive treatments they can suggest. But did not hear from her or her office. Again , if you are not dying, or young, or don't have any obvious symptoms that are easily diagnosed, save your time and ask your doctor for a referral to another rheumatologist. This lady should not have been in healthcare with her horrible bedside manner.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

What a great rheumatologist! I switched over to her not too long ago- maybe 2 years back and I am so happy. From the way the office is run to her knowledge and helpfulness, it is perfect. I have never had to wait to see her and she does a really good job in being concise while making sure you have been heard and cared for. Highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

Dr. Cohen is the best specialist I have ever been to. She is clearly very knowledgeable and caring and took time to listen to my story and give me a full examination. After many months of living with debilitating symptoms, Dr. Cohen figured out my diagnosis and treatment and now I feel 100 times better! Her office is run very well...Toni and Sandra are very nice and they actually call you back when you leave a message. Also, Dr. Cohen is ON TIME! I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes past my appointment time before I am seen. I have been to many different doctors appointments (all kinds of specialists) and usually you have to wait forever. I would recommend Dr. Cohen to anyone who needs a rheumatologist. She is a lifesaver!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Don't really feel she is in the profession for the right reasons. I find her rude, abrupt, no bedside manners and I feel very rushed every time I see her. I wouldn't recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

Dr Cohen seemed to have made up her mind by just looking at me that there was nothing really wrong. I felt undermined and that not enough due dilligence was paid to my situation.Definitely lacking in the empathy department but this could be because of her apparent relative inexperience. I did not feel listened to. Couldn"t get me out of her office fast enough after reciting an apparently well rehearsed piece that she was hoping I would just take without question.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

Did not listen very well, very rushed and didn't seem to know what she was doing.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

Friendly staff. Amazing, caring Doctor. Takes her patients on time. Extremely knowledgeable!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

Dr. Cohen is extraordinary. Nothing was particularly wrong with me, but something wasn't quite right when I sought a holistic doctor. I client of mine(whom, after several years of infertility specialists was able to conceive and deliver a baby, thanks to Dr. Cohen) referred me to her. That was one month ago. After a comprehensive consultation we made adjustments to my already healthy, vegetarian diet, added a multi-vitamin, a calcium supplement and boom, I'm good as new. This was the route I chose rather than taking a pharmaceutical and it was clearly the right one. Dr. Cohen has a wonderful bedside manner, she is unbelievably knowledgeable in the area of holistic medicine and was very thorough. I also really appreciated how much time she took to really find out about my medical history. Feel very lucky to have found her.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2013

I spent 10 years fighting to find out why I had so much pain. In one visit Dr. Cohen figured it out, got me off all the pain meds and onto the right meds. She explained my disease to me and what I would have to do and how the meds would work to help me. She takes the time to answer ALL of my questions and make sure that I was comfortable with the answers or treatments. I have seen Dr. Cohen both at Sunnybrook and at her new office. She and her staff have never been anything but polite and helpful. The wait time has been short and the drive from Oshawa to Vaughan is very much worth it. For years the doctors I saw would only listen to part of the problems, Dr. Cohen listened to all of them and put the puzzle together. I would and do recommend Dr Cohen to anyone and everyone who needs a great Rheumatologist. She has given me back my life! Thank you!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013