Ratings for Dr. Solomon Amster

Dr Amster is one of the most amazing doctors in the Windsor Area.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2018

Condescending. Makes you feel like you know nothing about your own medical history/life. Was looking at his phone the entire time he was talking to me. Felt rushed and disrespected. Can't believe this doctor is allowed to practice. Avoid at all costs.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

Saw this doctor in Windsor for a severe ear ache and he was nothing but rude and condescending....I will never recommend anyone of my family or friends to ever see him!! Poor doctor with awful bedside manner

flag | Submitted May 12, 2018

Dr. Amster treated my 8 year old daughter in June 2017 at the TMC walk-in clinic. She was presenting with symptoms of severe swelling of her left leg, along with pronounced superficial veins on the back of the leg, and bulging collateral veins on her left pelvis. Dr. Amster briefly looked at her leg and concluded it to be an allergic reaction from an insect bite. He prescribed antibiotics. I did not feel comfortable with his assumption. He rudely made a comment to the effect that if it was me, he'd check for a blood clot. I understand why a blood clot would not be on his radar for a healthy 8 year old child, but with his knowledge he should have a duty of care to do his due diligence before making such an irresponsible assumption. I followed my instincts and pursued a second opinion with Windsor Regional Hospital. Through diagnostics, they confirmed my concerns. My daughter was diagnosed with a fully occluded left femoral vein. She had a blood clot that was potentially fatal. She was hospitalized, received enoxaparin injections as therapy. Over the course of the summer, we pursued additional care with a paediatric hematologist at McMaster Children's Hospital in Hamilton. An MRI revealed that my daughter has a serious vascular compression syndrome. Dr. Amster, you need to slow down, cut out the attitude and show some compassion and intelligence toward the people you are treating. I came to you for help and you dismissed us, which could have had fatal consequences for an 8 year old child. Dr. Amster, you should also know that every one of your peers that I have dealt with in Windsor and Detroit, have asked for the name of who made such an irresponsible mistake with a child. People, let this serve as a warning to you, follow your instincts and be your own advocate.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2018

Horrible doctor. This guy is an arrogant person and should not be working.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

I get to TMC. Little to no wait (Which is great, right?!) I was impressed in that aspect. The receptionist was kind and caring. The nurse was the same. I wait a couple minutes in the room and then Dr. Amster came in. While opening the door he says, "What's your issue today?" I go on to explain that I have been coughing up blood for 3 days, and today was the worst. Very weak and exhausted, shortness of breath, pain all over. I had also mentioned to him that a few months back in October of 2017 I was the exact same for 30 days. Coughed up dark phlegm 10-15 times a day with blood. Dr Amster says, "That's impossible. No one can be sick for that long." So defeated, I say, "Ok..." I went to TMC 3 times in October and the doctor at the time (who was most kind) had to keep trying me on different antibiotics because I was so sick. The doctor at the time also ordered a chest x-ray for me and when the results came in he said, "We can't see what is actually happening because your lungs are so inflamed." So out of my inexperience, because I do not have medical training, I ask Dr. Amster (who is obviously a medical professional) if I should get an X-ray again because of the blood I keep coughing up. While he's standing on the other side of the room with his prescription notepad, he rolls his eyes, looks down and puts his hand up to me so I stop talking. He says, "Stop overreacting. You don't need an xray." At this point I was taken aback and became very uncomfortable. So I said "Ok...." I felt defeated again. He said "You have a minor cold. Take this and you will be fine." (As he hands me a prescription). Doesn't tell me what it was. Gives me zero hope. He made me feel like I was dumb. I am not a professional, but I know that coughing up blood can be serious and I feel defeated. He didn't even look at me the entire 1-2 minutes he was in the room. Gave me no time to talk after that and kept belittling me afterwards. Then says, "feel better", and dashes out of the room. TMC was not busy. I have been there in the past with 45 minute waits and the doctor took their time we me. Gave me room to speak and tell him how I was feeling. They were kind. Doctor Amster made me cry. I felt so bad about myself. The nurse and Receptionist obviously didn't hear him in the room with me, but when they told me to have a good day on my way out I just said "Dr Amster was so rude to me." They said nothing. And I was crying as I waited for my prescription and coughing. The pharmacist ended up being extremely rude and not treating me nicely. I left crying. It was the worst medical experience of my life. Please if you go to TMC, do not see Dr. Amster. Kindness goes a long way and he refuses to use it. So now I will take these antibiotics praying to God that they help, because I do not want to go back there. Dr. Amster should be fired.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

Dr. Amster has been my doctor for the better part of the last ten years and in that time he has always been there for me no matter what illness or injury i have had. He is a truly great and professional man and his personal as well as medical skills are SECOND TO NONE . This man always listens to me and his diagnosis/treatment is always spot on as he has never failed to take care of any issue i have ever had. He takes the time to listen to what i have to say and treats me with respect and dignity and has helped me through some very rough times and i truly believe he once saved my life . I am truly fortunate to have him as my doctor ..THANK YOU DR AMSTER !! I cant recommend him enough!!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

Dr Amster has recently helped me through a tough time. My family doctor announced he was retiring soon, so after many efforts looking for a new family doctor I met Dr. Amster and his care and attention toward my injury was top notch. His availability in the clinic and office hours meet my needs and his kind words have helped me through my injury. I have referred many friends to Dr Amster.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

Dr. Amster is such a caring physician. He always addresses all my concerns during each visit. He is always professional and truly wants the best for his patients. I have had such amazing caring with Dr Amster that I had my parents join his practice when they moved to this area. He is thorough, knowledgeable, and professional. He ensures his patients understand everything. I would highly recommend Dr Amster!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

I have seen Dr Amster a few times at the TMC clinic and he is always thorough and caring. I’ve had nothing but the best experiences with him. He never rushes me - and addresses all my questions and concerns.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018