Ratings for Dr. Karim Lalani

I have been a patient of Dr Lalani's since Madison first opened their doors back in 2001. During this time I lived in Montreal from 2002 to 2004 and again from 2009 to 2014 all the while remaining a client of his. Every time I would come back to Vancouver to see my family I was sure to book a dentist appointment for my regularly scheduled cleanings. Why continue to stay a client when there are hundreds to choose from in Montreal? Easy answer. There are several reasons. The gentle care and exceptional service for starters. The entire staff here is incredible. It really feels like a family. People I can trust and depend on when I need their help. The cleanliness of the office is something I also appreciate. They all take pride in the practice no matter what position they hold. It's almost spa like with the uber comfortable chairs, tv screens on the ceiling and finishing things off with a warm towel. Dr Lalani's expertise goes without saying but he takes it to another level. He's all about preventative care so that I can have the best smile possible today and for the next 30 or 40 years so that I don't have to waste any money in future issues that could have been easily prevented. He keeps current on all the latest techniques and technology so I know I'm in good hands. He's someone I highly respect and appreciate and would recommend any of his 5 dental practices to anyone in need of a new dentist. I have sent several friends and family members to him over the years for Invisalign and serious cosmetic dentist concerns because I know they will be well cared for and in good hands with Dr Lalani and his staff. Thank you for an exceptional 14 years as a client and for my beautiful smile :-) Sincerely, Alycia Butler

Submitted November 13, 2015

since i first came to see dr lalani he has been great .he explains everthing he has done he is agreat dentist iwould recomend him to anyone

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

I had a negative experience with this doctor. The doctor is not honest. The only thing that he cares about is patient's money.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2017

Dr. Lalani has been our family dentist since moving to Burnaby in 2007. The only issue thus far is waiting period, nothing else. Longest wait time so far was 30 minutes but acceptable. They have many patients, that's a sign of a good dental office in my book. Recommended procedures and fees are thoroughly explained before we proceed with a treatment. Dr. Lalani is genuinely a caring and proactive dentist. This may be somewhat a negative (to patients with little or no coverage) but I treat my vehicles the same way. I don't run them into the ground and expect a cheap repair later on. We now live in Delta but we have no plans on finding a new dentist close by as we are very happy with Dr. Lalani and his staff. _Oblero family

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

I have been a patient with Dr. Lalani for a number of years, and can honestly say that he is one of the best dentists that I have ever visited. I have always avoided dentists and treatments as I have been scared, however Dr. Lalani proved me wrong. From the moment I stepped foot into the office, I was greeted warmly and felt like I was in good hands. I almost always forget that I am in a dentist office when I take a seat. All of the staff are caring, friendly and kind. The atmosphere of the office is comfortable and cozy, so it makes your feel like you're at home. The staff are reliable individuals that respond to you right away and try their best to take care of your needs. After knowing Dr. Lalani for a number of years, I wouldn't describe him as someone who only cares about money. Everything comes at a price, and you pay for what you get. Invisalign trays are costly, but you cant put a price on a perfect smile. In my opinion, he is someone who truly cares about his patients and wants the best for them and their smile. He strives to fulfill my lifelong goal of having straight teeth, and encourages me to keep wearing my trays even though the pain is unbearable. Dr. Lalani and his team are individuals that I can trust and I have/will recommend him to every person I know!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Dr. K. Lalani has been my dentist for many years. He carefully examines my mouth and teeth completely to ensure a correct diagnosis before performing any treatment. He is a caring and dedicated dentist and has always given me a good result with my dental issues. Nine months into Invisilign, I feel more confident with my new smile and "bite". I trust his expertise in this transformation. I trust Dr. Lalani's decisions on my care as I know he would only do a necessary treatment and would do an exceptional job of that treatment. He is very talented in his career. His assistants are knowledgeable, supportive, and caring. The office is a "family atmosphere". If I ever had to move, I would come back to Dr. Lalani as he is kind, gentle, and trustworthy. He charges within the fee guide also. He is much appreciated. Gwen Braybrook

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

The dentist was constantly asking me to get a cap for my missing tooth. I've already got several opinions that I don't need it. The two neighbor's teeth were straight and no cap is required. I've noted that it is a costly procedure that my extended benefit will not cover the full amount. Every time I came in for cleaning, they kept wanting to do it. It's like a sleezy car salesman. Finally, they have decided to do it, i've asked them if my extended health will cover ONE HUNDRED PERCENT... they said YES. I got a bill of $800 afterward. NEVER GO TO THEM... it's all about the money.

Submitted September 12, 2017

The only thing that the doctor cares about is patient's money . Need fillings , let's do Invisalign … $1k , $5k , omg !!! So ridiculous !!!

Submitted July 14, 2017

Dr. Lalani was originally recommended by a colleague as I was looking for a new dentist. I've now been visiting Dr. Lalani regularly for 4 years along with my entire family. The staff here are fantastic and Dr. Lalani went above and beyond coming when I had called regarding an emergency.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

I decided to go to Madison to get my teeth cleaned in December last year. This was the first time I went there and had to wait 1 hour to do my fillings while he was talking to his new assistant or whatever. The work he has done on my teeth is terrible. Teeth cleaning is teeth cleaning, he decided to do root planning without me even knowing! After seeing him, my teeth has constantly been bleeding every time after brushing or flossing. This has never happened before, even with my previous dentist/hygienist. I was concerned about this so i booked another appointment at madison recently, and once again, my teeth was bleeding again. Every time i told them there was pain or lots of bleeding, they kept saying "its normal". When i got home, the pain increased and it became unbearable that i called them to check-up immediately later that day. When i got there, once again they saying "its normal" and suggest that i do surgery for gum disease and made me book an appointment to measure and then ANOTHER appointment afterwards to do the surgery. They just keep making me come back week after week, making us spend more and more on their ridiculous nonsense. I will never come back to Madison and will NEVER recommend Karim Lalani to ANYONE. They only want money.

Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr. Karim Lalani's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

I have always been committed to excellence for my staff and my patients. I stress delivery of quality treatments to my team and ensure that we all strive to serve our patients to our best abilities. My team’s goals are to ensure that we communicate well with our patients, empower them to make decisions that are right for them, and gain their trust to ensure an excellent long-term relationship and lots of smiles. Our philosophy is to deliver the highest quality dental care possible to all our patients in the most comfortable and friendly manner possible. We want our patients to think they are visiting a serene spa rather than a dental office. We offer warm blankets and provide each patient with a hot towel at the end of their appointment. We encourage our patients to be involved in the planning of their dental care, making sure that our services match their wants and needs. All of our work is assured to serve the patient both functionally and aesthetically for many years without compromising quality and care. Each patient deserves our focused attention and best efforts to make his/her experience one that stands far above the norm. Our practice depends on the success of these efforts. We currently offer 5 locations throughout the Greater Vancouver area to serve you and we are always accepting new patients. Please call for your appointment today and enquire about our referral program for any other family members or friends who may be in need of dental care.

• English
  • French

• University of British Columbia (Grad. 1993)
  • McGill University (Grad. 1994)

• Dental implant surgery
  • Dental braces
  • Dental exam for children
  • Dental exam
  • Bruxism (teeth grinding)
  • Wisdom tooth extraction