Ratings for Dr. Karim Lalani

Worst dentist ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

I worked for him & quit/left dental industry because I felt like i was working at a used car lot. All about sales..feel sorry for his patients who put their trust in him. Be careful..lots of greedy dentists out there!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

its obvious the 4 and a 1/2 stars was written by the dentist or one of his staff / family - nice try!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

I worked for him a few years ago at his clinic Clayton Heights Family Dental. I'm not surprised at all that he got caught with fraud. He was all about the money and didn't care at all about his patients. I feel terrible for all the patients that go to his clinics.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

Money talks, otherwise this doctor walks. He doesn't go to the office unless it's for big money which he told us over and over again that this was the best treatment for us, when it turns out it was the best treatment for his wallet. Overcharges, unnecessary dentistry and the only person that pays the price is the poor person who is more like a victim than a patient.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

I worked for this character years ago at the front desk! Let me tell you every patient that came in and I put the treatment through the computer he literally changed in the back of his office right after I was done . I thought I had done something wrong and asked him why everything I billed he immediately changed and I got no reasonable answer and was let go later that day for no reason! Clearly he knew I was on to him and after that experience I began to hear all over metro Vancouver from other dentists and previous staff he was known for this!! This was in 2002 and 2004 !! That’s how long he has been doing this! Your a scammer Karim and I’m glad your FINALLY caught ! Enjoy your rich lifestyle now !! I hope you never practice again and I hope not another young gal has the misfortune of working for you where you may use her to your advantage. A horrid working experience and a terrible pt experience:(

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

I’m so glad he finally got investigated! He recommended a gum graph to my entire family and extended family. My mother did it. My sister did not. But they harassed her every appointment for the need to do it. She switched dentists since then and all 3 dentists have never recommended this procedure. He also told me I needed the procedure a while back and when I told him I wouldn’t do it, he got very upset at me and said “I would never recommend something I did not feel was necessary”. I’ve seen 4 dentists since then and non have ever recommended this procedure. He is a total scammer and should’ve had his license revoked and all his precuces shut down. He should not be able to profit from his illegal activities with a 6 month suspension. Seems too minor. He should be put in jail.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

This dentist has been taking advantage of his patients trust for years. He should have been caught a long time ago.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2018

Publication Notice: Dr. Karim A. Lalani West Vancouver / Vancouver / Surrey / New Westminster Posted 28 February 2018 Dr. Karim Lalani is registered with the College of Dental Surgeons of BC as a general dentist. Following an investigation by CDSBC, the Inquiry Committee directed that a citation (notice of hearing) be issued against Dr. Lalani. A discipline hearing in Vancouver had been scheduled for 12 to 29 March 2018. The discipline hearing was cancelled when Dr. Lalani made admissions and proposed a resolution under s.37.1 of the Health Professions Act. Admissions Dr. Lalani has admitted to professional misconduct with respect to a number of patients in that: He provided treatment that was unnecessary and/or inappropriate and/or not supported by a diagnosis. He provided treatment that fell below the College's expected standard. He failed to provide patients with all reasonable treatment options, including comprehensive estimates of the proposed treatment plans. He failed to maintain adequate records in accordance with the College's expected standard for recordkeeping. He submitted insurance claims for treatment when such treatment was unnecessary, not indicated, and/or where the documented treatment did not meet the criteria for payment. Resolution A panel of the Inquiry Committee received and considered Dr. Lalani's proposal and orders that: Dr. Lalani is reprimanded. Dr. Lalani is suspended for a period of six months (1 April to 30 September 2018), during which time he is prohibited from receiving payment in any practice he may own, and will not be involved in any aspect of patient care. Dr. Lalani pay a fine of $25,000. Dr. Lalani pay $5,000 towards the costs of the investigation. Dr. Lalani complete an education program at his own expense to enhance his recordkeeping, informed consent protocols, billing practices, prosthodontic treatment, periodontal diagnosis and treatment planning and periodontal treatment, which includes: Successful completion of a professional problem-based ethics course Completion of CDSBC's Dental Recordkeeping and More Tough Topics courses A mentorship with a CDSBC-approved periodontal and prosthodontic specialist, to include 10 days of mentoring Dr. Lalani will enter into a two-year period of monitoring following successful completion of the educational component of the agreement, including patient chart reviews. This is a summary of the consent order approved by the Inquiry Committee on 27 February 2018. Full details are available in the consent order (PDF), which attaches the consent order proposal, and the educational and mentoring agreements.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

I've been in pain for years because of what he did. I found out the treatment was so substandard that no one believed I had it done in Canada and thought I'd gone to a 3rd world country. It's ruined my life. He did not tell me the truth nor did he provide the level of care and workmanship that a medical professional is required to perform in Canada. Someone wrote on here that you aren't forced to take treatments. Forced? no, not forced. But lied to, yes, told you need treatments when you don't: yes he did that too and provided treatment that he had no right to provide. No dentist should be able to get away with causing massive injury to a patient. Disgusted.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

Dr. Karim Lalani's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

I have always been committed to excellence for my staff and my patients. I stress delivery of quality treatments to my team and ensure that we all strive to serve our patients to our best abilities. My team’s goals are to ensure that we communicate well with our patients, empower them to make decisions that are right for them, and gain their trust to ensure an excellent long-term relationship and lots of smiles. Our philosophy is to deliver the highest quality dental care possible to all our patients in the most comfortable and friendly manner possible. We want our patients to think they are visiting a serene spa rather than a dental office. We offer warm blankets and provide each patient with a hot towel at the end of their appointment. We encourage our patients to be involved in the planning of their dental care, making sure that our services match their wants and needs. All of our work is assured to serve the patient both functionally and aesthetically for many years without compromising quality and care. Each patient deserves our focused attention and best efforts to make his/her experience one that stands far above the norm. Our practice depends on the success of these efforts. We currently offer 5 locations throughout the Greater Vancouver area to serve you and we are always accepting new patients. Please call for your appointment today and enquire about our referral program for any other family members or friends who may be in need of dental care.

• English
  • French

• University of British Columbia (Grad. 1993)
  • McGill University (Grad. 1994)

• Dental implant surgery
  • Dental braces
  • Dental exam for children
  • Dental exam
  • Bruxism (teeth grinding)
  • Wisdom tooth extraction