Dr. Karim Lalani

Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Karim Lalani

Dr. Lalani has taken care of me and my family's dental needs for many years. He is a dedicated, knowledgeable highly skilled dentist who genuinely cares about his patients. The clinic's dental hygienists and assistants are professional, pleasant and accommodating. I highly recommend Dr. Lalani, he is a great dentist.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

When I first came to his office I had a fear of going to the dentist and Dr. Lalani was patient and kind enough to allow me to go at my pace with my procedures. He helped reduce my anxiety by explaining the steps and taking his time. He and his staff are friendly, knowledgeable and professional. I wouldn't go anywhere else!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2019

I walked through the door of Dr. Lalani dental Clinic hoping to get a second opinion. When he met me, he assured me that if I trust him, he will give me my smile back. I was hesitant at first but decided to give it a try. As my treatment went everything fell in place. My teeth straightened and the gaps closed. Moreover, he is still treating me, making sure I get the best of care . Nowadays, I smile more often with confidence. If you ask me, this dentist is there best on his practice. His team of staff treats patients like family and with respect They are very flexible with scheduling and understanding . Moreover, very professional at their work. Today, I can look into the mirror and be prouder of my smile. Without hesitation, I can recommend family, friends and anyone to the Royal City Dental Clinic. The one place where patience care and satisfaction comes first. Visit the Royal City Dental Clinic. Check in for a second opinion like I did, ho get a cleaning and experience the treatment, care and love- and you soon be a member of the family. That been said, the Royal City Dental Clinic deserve a 5/5 rating.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2019

Dr. Lalani has been my dentist for over 17 years, and has always provided superb care. Not only is he very skilled, but also very personable and has great 'chair side' manner with both me and also his employees while performing procedures. 10/10.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2019

The reason why I went to see Dr. Lalani is that his office offered Invisalign on a monthly payment plan where other dentists would not, and I'm so glad that I did. He is very attentive and kind. He truly cares about his patients, at least based on my own experience. I'm a bit of a high maintenance patient and he listens to my concerns with no judgment. In fact, I always think I need more work and he's the one that tries to convince me that it's not necessary. I have not had one negative appointment with Dr. Lalani. He's also really easy to talk and is available when I need to talk to him. He's very knowledgeable and I have never had any procedures suggested to me that I didn't need. I would recommend him to everyone I know.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2019

I have suffered from extreme anxiety most of my life. This was made worse at the dentist. The care, attention, and empathy that Dr. Lalani provides is both exceptional and greatly appreciated.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2018

My mother has been his patient for many years. She has always found him very helpful and thorough . He has a kind and humble manner and we would certainly like to continue with him .

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

It's funny how these bad reviews says so little about his actual work, who he is as a person or his staff but more so what he's recommending which makes him quote “The only thing that he cares about is patient's money”. Fact is dentistry is expensive where ever you go. As a dentist, he’s going recommend treatments to you if it’s something he believes you need and just because you don’t agree with it, it’s not a good reason for a bad review. Keep in mind he isn’t FORCING you to do these things. I have been with Dr Lalani for 5 years now and I for one based a lot of what I do on reviews. He’s super nice and easy to talk to as some people in his profession can be intimidating. What I like most about him is that he’s a perfectionist in his work and he takes his time to do it right and if your not sure about something, he’ll explain it in details as long as you ask the questions you need to understand the treatment he’s recommending. Dr Lalani is currently fixing some issues I’ve had with another dentist who’s a specialist in which I’ve paid $15,000 out of pocket for and I’m still paying it off… I admit his staff ask me to write a review after I had told them about the positive experience I’ve been having at their office. If they didn’t ask, I would have never written a review because it’s easier to go out of your way to write a bad review then it is for a good one. Maybe that is why quote “Amazing that this "Dr" suddenly has major positive remarks from all these wonderful patients.” And I’m one of those patient =) Side note, his waiting time can use some work but yet again it is a large and busy office. - Aly

Submitted January 4, 2018

Dr. Lalani has been our family dentist since moving to Burnaby in 2007. The only issue thus far is waiting period, nothing else. Longest wait time so far was 30 minutes but acceptable. They have many patients, that's a sign of a good dental office in my book. Recommended procedures and fees are thoroughly explained before we proceed with a treatment. Dr. Lalani is genuinely a caring and proactive dentist. This may be somewhat a negative (to patients with little or no coverage) but I treat my vehicles the same way. I don't run them into the ground and expect a cheap repair later on. We now live in Delta but we have no plans on finding a new dentist close by as we are very happy with Dr. Lalani and his staff. _Oblero family

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Dr. Lalani was originally recommended by a colleague as I was looking for a new dentist. I've now been visiting Dr. Lalani regularly for 4 years along with my entire family. The staff here are fantastic and Dr. Lalani went above and beyond coming when I had called regarding an emergency.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

Dr. Karim Lalani's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

I have always been committed to excellence for my staff and my patients. I stress delivery of quality treatments to my team and ensure that we all strive to serve our patients to our best abilities. My team’s goals are to ensure that we communicate well with our patients, empower them to make decisions that are right for them, and gain their trust to ensure an excellent long-term relationship and lots of smiles. Our philosophy is to deliver the highest quality dental care possible to all our patients in the most comfortable and friendly manner possible. We want our patients to think they are visiting a serene spa rather than a dental office. We offer warm blankets and provide each patient with a hot towel at the end of their appointment. We encourage our patients to be involved in the planning of their dental care, making sure that our services match their wants and needs. All of our work is assured to serve the patient both functionally and aesthetically for many years without compromising quality and care. Each patient deserves our focused attention and best efforts to make his/her experience one that stands far above the norm. Our practice depends on the success of these efforts. We currently offer 5 locations throughout the Greater Vancouver area to serve you and we are always accepting new patients. Please call for your appointment today and enquire about our referral program for any other family members or friends who may be in need of dental care.

• English
  • French

• University of British Columbia (Grad. 1993)
  • McGill University (Grad. 1994)

• Dental implant surgery
  • Dental braces
  • Dental exam for children
  • Dental exam
  • Bruxism (teeth grinding)
  • Wisdom tooth extraction