Ratings for Dr. Sharon L. Fillerup

I am from out of state, and I 110% recommend Dr. Fillerup she is thorough with her appointments, and just an amazing dr

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Dr. Fillerup was very helpful and kind when I found that my uterus was 10 times bigger than normal. She performed the surgery and all went well. She was very helpful and answered all of my questions concerning my situation. I will continue to have her as my OBGYN, I wouldn't change for anything.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Dr. Fillerup is the best thing that ever happened to me! I have severe endometriosis and she has performed several surgeries and delivered my 3 children (1 natural, twins c-section). I truly believe that I have her to thank for my children! My oldest is 8 yrs old now and she still remembers my story and asks how my kids are doing. She has always made me feel like I am confiding in a friend. I trust her inexplicably and appreciate that she is willing to share the hard answers with me where other doctors dance around issues. She always asks if I understand her explanations and will explain further if I don't. I have never felt rushed and I know my appointments end up longer than are scheduled for. I refer her to everyone I know and I do not undersatnd the other comments listed here. Thank you Dr. F!!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2013

I loved Dr Fillerup, however her office is slow and the billing department is full of people that have no idea how to deal with insurance. She is a great Dr, very caring and loving. I only wish she delivered at other hospitals.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2010

I had a fantastic experience with Dr. Fillerup. She has always been very responsive to my concerns; I could ask questions all I wanted until I was content. She'd do a free sonogram each visit, and let me come in even if I had a minor concern about the baby's progress. I never felt rushed or brushed off, so I just can't relate to some of these negative comments about her. The fact that she goes to Africa to help poor women with free surgeries every 9 months to me is admirable--that's why I selected her as my doctor, because for her it isn't about money, it's about service--and not just for people with insurance. Wish I could still have her as my doc but my insurance has changed. Due to changes in my husband's employment we've had frequent insurance changes; I've had a total of 7 or 8 OBGYN docs in the past 20 years, and Dr. Sharon Fillerup was, by far, the absolute best of them all.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2010

I think Dr. Fillerup is a wonderful doctor. I have been seeing her for over 10 years and drive 30+ miles to do so, and have recommended many friends and family members. She has performed 5 surgeries for me and has done an excellent job every time. She took excellent care of me throughout my pregnancy, labor and delivery (and came in to deliver my baby in the middle of the night even though she wasn't on call). I don't think I could have asked for a better experience. Her bedside manner is great, and my husband and I actually miss seeing her since we delivered our baby. She always takes time to answer any questions or concerns I may have. As far as punctuality goes, I don't expect her to be on time because of the nature of the business and I appreciated her coming to the hospital during the day to check on me when I was in labor.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

She was patronizing and brushed off queries about exercising during pregnancy with the response that "you don't want to jostle a little guy around." She neglected to provide any facts or information about which types of exercise are advisable or inadvisable for pregnant women and why. She was also very impatient and left me with the impression that she would have preferred not to answer any questions.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

Dr. Fillerup is one of the most caring doctors I have ever had. She treated me during several years of suffering from endometriosis. She has performed 3 surgeries on me including a hysterectomy in which I had a remarkable recovery. She also performed two in office procedures in which she was very caring. Her bedsite manner is to be commended. And just for the sake of the punctuality of a doctor... Most don't on time, however she is usually very appologitic about it. If babies came on a fixed schedule I am sure that would help. I had two rescheduled appointiments because babies showed up just before my appointment. I highly recommend her and have referred several friends.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2008

I have never had any problems with this doctor. She is very kind, and answers any questions you have. She delivered both of my babies, which were both induced and I had NO problem with anything she did. She is a great doctor and I have been going to her for 6 years.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2008

I would not recommend this doctor at all. I have no confidence in her whatsoever. I have had surgery with her and while in recovery she told my husband what she found. When I was in her office a week later, she told me something completely opposite of what she told him. So now I have no idea what to think. In her office, she is never even close to running on time. She often puts off questions and is unwilling to try anything other than the way she always treats all of her patients.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2008

Dr. Sharon L. Fillerup's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)