Dr. Michel Gallant

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Michel Gallant

I required Breast reduction due to constant back pain. When asked for a referral to a surgeon in the East end of Ottawa, I was referred to Dr. Gallant. When meeting for appointments, he was always timely and after his examinations, we discussed and he listened to my comments and questions and provided answers. I also had lipo done on the sides and under the breasts. Having been huge all my life, (I was an HH) I wanted to come down to a B. We agreed to a C but after surgery, I was a size D. I was disappointed however, with time and healing, I am happy with this size as it is much, much smaller than my pre-surgery size and I can finally wear clothes that fit. (My surgery was 1.5 years ago) I had to have 2 surgeries. My first surgery reduced me significantly however, when the bandages came off, my left breast was bigger than my right and the nipple did not face front. The right breast was perfect. Dr Gallant re-measured, took pictures and I had to wait 1-year from the first surgery (time to heal) before he could repair the left breast (there was no extra cost for this). After surgery, the nipple now faces front but is now slightly higher than the right side. As well, there is still a slight difference in size or shape of the breast however it is no longer noticeable under clothes. Overall summary, although I was disappointed after the first surgery, I am now ok with the results of my surgeries. If I were a young woman, I might not have the same opinion. Dr Gallant's office and bedside manner were excellent.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

Jai eu ma chirurgie avec implant mammaire le 8 aout 2017 sa super bien été bravo Dr Gallant une journée seulement a prendre des anti douleurs super travail tres heureuse du résultat a présent un gros merci a toute léquipe

Submitted August 18, 2017

Dr. Gallant performed breast reduction surgery/lift with liposuction on side of breasts 2 months ago and I can't believe what an amazing job he did. I was very worried with what size I would go down to because I still didn't want to be small and he made them exactly what I was hoping for.... I went from a 34DDD to a 32DD all covered by ohip (not including lipo which was optional and around $1300). I experienced back problems and discomfort in everyday activities, and now feel better than ever. I can wear no bra with anything because of how perky he made them. The scars are very unnoticeable and are slowly starting to fade away. He made me feel very comfortable before the procedure and asked me what my ideal end result was. I had never gotten a surgery done before so I was very nervous but I had experienced no pain after the procedure or during recovery. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for breast reconstruction! I Dr. Gallant listens to all your wants and needs and achieves the best looking results I could have ever imagined. I will be back for any future procedures!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Went to see Dr gallant for functional rhinoplasty, then he had told me for an extra 4000 he would do the cosmetic portion and reduce hump and tip. Right after my surgery noticed still had bump on bridge and the tip looked untouched, went to go see him at which point i was told i have to pay for another surgery for his failed first attempt?. . feel very taken advantage of and have been defrauded. And aswell had to wait over an hour in the waiting area for his appointment.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

I went to see Dr. Gallant to see if he could fix the reconstructive surgery that another plastic surgeon had done on a cancer breast, also to fix the unaffected breast with a better lift. He explained to me once he read over my files that the doctor should not have charged me what he did as it was cancer related. So I had my surgery 5 July 2016, satisfied with the results of the breasts looking symmetrically but will have to go for more surgery as the side of the unaffected breast looks like a double chin...See him in Oct 2016 so should know more. But I was went to him. Also on another note, once he was over 50 mins late, but the last few times he has been on time. Depends on his emergencies...

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

I went to see Dr Gallant to have some moles removed on my neck, chest, and face for cosmetic purposes. I have had moles removed from very similar areas by other plastic surgeons in the past, and I must say that Dr Gallants work is exceptional! I am so pleased. He was friendly, knowledgeable, respectfully answered all of my concerns. The incisions are healing very nicely and there appears to be very minimal marks. Thank you!!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Whether your plastic surgery is elective or medically urgent, it is my hope that this lengthy review will be helpful to those thoughtfully considering going under the knife. Both my mother and I have been operated on by Dr. Gallant so this review will be a 2 in 1 with an interesting vantage point, as I am a woman of colour and my mother is fair-skinned. (Those details may prove to be helpful for those, who like me, are concerned with the role that melanin plays in scarring). Overall, we are both thrilled with our decision to have chosen Dr. Gallant as our plastic surgeon, but if you would like further insight, please continue reading. Over five years ago, Dr. Gallant performed reconstructive breast surgery on my mother. She had pre-cancerous cells removed from deep in the tissue of one of her breasts and because of where they had been excised, some reconstruction was required. He reduced the size of the unaffected breast for a better match and though Dr. Gallant had made it clear that, in time, she could schedule a revision and replace the nipple, she never felt it necessary. His incisions were precise and the stitches were very neat. As a result, my mother healed nicely and scarring is hardly visible and virtually seamless. Today, she is happy and healthy. About me and my experience with Dr. Gallant: I have always had large breasts and for most of my life, I have found them to be quite cumbersome. For years, I suffered from both back and shoulder pain and got headaches from tight bra straps/bikini tops. I was living with that discomfort until a few years ago when I gained and then quickly lost a significant amount of weight in a very short period of time; launching me from a DDD-36, to a GG-36 and then back down to a DDD where I had started. It was then that I was introduced to a new type of hell. Not only were my breasts still big but they had become very saggy. I wanted smaller breasts but I knew that more weight loss would result in additional ptosis without significantly reducing their size. Anyhow, my mom encouraged me to call Dr. Gallant's office (The Ottawa Clinic) and try my luck. As I recall, the receptionist was friendly and professional. She offered me a very reasonable wait time and I was scheduled for a consultation. For starters, Dr. Gallant greeted me warmly, listened attentively and answered my questions reassuringly with confidence. Though I was disappointed that my breasts were not large/dense enough for a reduction covered by OHIP, Dr. Gallant suggested a breast lift with a minor reduction/lipo and offered me a quote that was reasonable. Despite a full waiting room, he found the time to review photographs of my expected outcome without ever rushing me along. Post surgery: I had swelling and bruising from the liposuction but the pain was not unbearable. I was off pain meds within three days and a bit of rest was all that I needed moving forward. I am now 7 months post-op and living joyously with DD34 breasts. My level of activity has skyrocketed simply because my level of comfort has increased. I never have to readjust my breasts anymore as they no longer shift and spill out from the top, bottom and sides of my cups. Now, they hardly bounce when I workout; making exercise far more enjoyable. They sit pretty and perky in all of my shirts and bra shopping has gone from being excruciating to being something that I look forward to. I have retained full sensation in both breasts/nipples. I have vertical 'lollipop' scars that are a touch darker than the rest on my skin, but they are fading day by day and, honestly, they are a small price to pay for my overall health and happiness. Leading up to my surgery, I read several reviews posted on "Realself" and I learned that many doctors use the 'anchor' method for large, wide, pendulous breasts, so I am just ecstatic that Dr. Gallant was able to achieve such an aesthetically pleasing result without having to cut along the crease of my breast. I'll conclude by saying that Dr. Gallant has consistently displayed a comforting and professional bedside manner. He possesses a wealth of knowledge and an abundance of talent, yet, never speaks with condescension. I would recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

i saw docter gallant for fillers in my face i wanted to look natural and not like a lizard we decided to do onley the deep lines around my mouth and what a differance it made it looks great i look relaxed it took years of my face the man is a mazing i will be back

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

Dr. Gallant did re constructive work on one breast that was affected by breast cancer. At his recommendation, the work included a bi-lateral breast lift and reduction on the unaffected breast. I asked him about incorporating an abdominalplasty and lipo into the surgical day. I am so thrilled with Dr. Gallant and the final outcome. I feel like I finally got my pre-pregancy, pre-cancer body back. Dr. Gallant is very caring, knowledgeable and down to earth. I would and have highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Dr. Gallant did reconstructive surgery on my hand and it's so much better now! Very nice, caring doctor!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Dr. Michel Gallant's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

As a plastic surgeon at The Ottawa Clinic, I offer a wide range of surgical and nonsurgical procedures such as breast enhancement surgery (breast implants, breast reduction, breast lift, and breast reconstruction), facelift surgery, rhinoplasty, liposuction, BOTOX® Cosmetic, JUVÉDERM®, and much more. After completing medical school at I’Université de Sherbrooke, I underwent an extensive five-year training program in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the prestigious McGill University. Additionally, I spent a year gaining experience in the performance of breast surgery alongside leading experts in the field. Throughout my time as a plastic surgeon, I have strived to help thousands of patients achieve beautiful, natural-looking results, while utilizing the most innovative technology possible. I am a proud Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and an active member in a number of professional organizations including the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgery and the Ontario Medical Association.

• Université de Moncton
  • Université de Sherbrooke (Grad. 2005)

• Blue Cross Of California