Ratings for Dr. Michel Gallant

I went to see Dr Gallant to have some moles removed on my neck, chest, and face for cosmetic purposes. I have had moles removed from very similar areas by other plastic surgeons in the past, and I must say that Dr Gallants work is exceptional! I am so pleased. He was friendly, knowledgeable, respectfully answered all of my concerns. The incisions are healing very nicely and there appears to be very minimal marks. Thank you!!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Whether your plastic surgery is elective or medically urgent, it is my hope that this lengthy review will be helpful to those thoughtfully considering going under the knife. Both my mother and I have been operated on by Dr. Gallant so this review will be a 2 in 1 with an interesting vantage point, as I am a woman of colour and my mother is fair-skinned. (Those details may prove to be helpful for those, who like me, are concerned with the role that melanin plays in scarring). Overall, we are both thrilled with our decision to have chosen Dr. Gallant as our plastic surgeon, but if you would like further insight, please continue reading. Over five years ago, Dr. Gallant performed reconstructive breast surgery on my mother. She had pre-cancerous cells removed from deep in the tissue of one of her breasts and because of where they had been excised, some reconstruction was required. He reduced the size of the unaffected breast for a better match and though Dr. Gallant had made it clear that, in time, she could schedule a revision and replace the nipple, she never felt it necessary. His incisions were precise and the stitches were very neat. As a result, my mother healed nicely and scarring is hardly visible and virtually seamless. Today, she is happy and healthy. About me and my experience with Dr. Gallant: I have always had large breasts and for most of my life, I have found them to be quite cumbersome. For years, I suffered from both back and shoulder pain and got headaches from tight bra straps/bikini tops. I was living with that discomfort until a few years ago when I gained and then quickly lost a significant amount of weight in a very short period of time; launching me from a DDD-36, to a GG-36 and then back down to a DDD where I had started. It was then that I was introduced to a new type of hell. Not only were my breasts still big but they had become very saggy. I wanted smaller breasts but I knew that more weight loss would result in additional ptosis without significantly reducing their size. Anyhow, my mom encouraged me to call Dr. Gallant's office (The Ottawa Clinic) and try my luck. As I recall, the receptionist was friendly and professional. She offered me a very reasonable wait time and I was scheduled for a consultation. For starters, Dr. Gallant greeted me warmly, listened attentively and answered my questions reassuringly with confidence. Though I was disappointed that my breasts were not large/dense enough for a reduction covered by OHIP, Dr. Gallant suggested a breast lift with a minor reduction/lipo and offered me a quote that was reasonable. Despite a full waiting room, he found the time to review photographs of my expected outcome without ever rushing me along. Post surgery: I had swelling and bruising from the liposuction but the pain was not unbearable. I was off pain meds within three days and a bit of rest was all that I needed moving forward. I am now 7 months post-op and living joyously with DD34 breasts. My level of activity has skyrocketed simply because my level of comfort has increased. I never have to readjust my breasts anymore as they no longer shift and spill out from the top, bottom and sides of my cups. Now, they hardly bounce when I workout; making exercise far more enjoyable. They sit pretty and perky in all of my shirts and bra shopping has gone from being excruciating to being something that I look forward to. I have retained full sensation in both breasts/nipples. I have vertical 'lollipop' scars that are a touch darker than the rest on my skin, but they are fading day by day and, honestly, they are a small price to pay for my overall health and happiness. Leading up to my surgery, I read several reviews posted on "Realself" and I learned that many doctors use the 'anchor' method for large, wide, pendulous breasts, so I am just ecstatic that Dr. Gallant was able to achieve such an aesthetically pleasing result without having to cut along the crease of my breast. I'll conclude by saying that Dr. Gallant has consistently displayed a comforting and professional bedside manner. He possesses a wealth of knowledge and an abundance of talent, yet, never speaks with condescension. I would recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

i saw docter gallant for fillers in my face i wanted to look natural and not like a lizard we decided to do onley the deep lines around my mouth and what a differance it made it looks great i look relaxed it took years of my face the man is a mazing i will be back

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

Dr. Gallant did re constructive work on one breast that was affected by breast cancer. At his recommendation, the work included a bi-lateral breast lift and reduction on the unaffected breast. I asked him about incorporating an abdominalplasty and lipo into the surgical day. I am so thrilled with Dr. Gallant and the final outcome. I feel like I finally got my pre-pregancy, pre-cancer body back. Dr. Gallant is very caring, knowledgeable and down to earth. I would and have highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Dr. Gallant did reconstructive surgery on my hand and it's so much better now! Very nice, caring doctor!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Did not have any procedure done by Dr. Gallant but still want to share my experience. I had a consultation for a breast reduction. He was over 50 minutes late at an early appointment time. Had to go question the staff at the reception to see if he was going to see me soon. Had to wait another 10 minutes to be told he was in his office and would see me shortly (wait another 10 minutes). The consultation was one of the worst experience of my life. He asked me the reasons why I wanted breast reduction and then proceded to tell me how woman were paying to have breast like mine. Doubted my answer on not having any more babies. Told me I would Not be covered by ohip for the surgery because there was not enough to take off,before doing the mesurements. Then told me the price of the surgery and the time he could book me. That was january 2013. We are now july 2014, just had the surgery done by another plastic surgeon and covered by Ohip. Still tear up when I think of this horrible day.

Submitted July 15, 2014

Saw Dr. Gallant to surgically remove a malignant growth behind my ear. Initial visit was to see the problem and explain the procedure. The next meeting was at the hospital where he removed the growth in an efficient and informative manner. After the surgery healed, saw him in a follow-up visit where he examined the affected area and gave me a brief but informative consult. He is a fairly young man with a surgical talent, and I would recommend this surgeon to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2014

Dr. Gallant was very kind. He was informative about what had taken place and what would happen to the area he had worked on. Thank You Doctor

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

I had an abdominoplasty and liposuction to remove the excess skin and fat around my waist left over after my three pregnancies. His office is very nice and his staff are very helpful. Dr. Gallant provided very good explanation on what to expect after surgery. I am very satisfied with the results and you can barely see the scar. Thank you very much Dr. Gallant. I will be back next year for my breasts.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

His practice partner, dr. nodwell, convinced me that instead of two expanders, I would "save an operation another woman could use" by instead, doing a skin sparing operation on my prophylactic breast. To my shock, he went on a two week holiday to the caribbean at a critical time. The skin sparing prophy side got horribly infected and is leaking silicone down my front. He had me see dr. Gallant, who halved my antibiotics without telling me in person. So now I am pouring silicone out the prophy side and nought to do for a week or so til dr. nodwell returns. when i phoned dr. gallant to try to get a second appt with him he instructed his secretary to tell me if i have any further problems I am to "go to emergency". The emergency room is a waste of time as no doctor will take out the implant of another doctor as they have a code among surgeons to never interfere with another surgeon's patient. A code much more sacred than the one they swore upon graduation, I suppose.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012