Ratings for Dr. M Kauchalli

Worst doctor ever! I have had the misfortune of having to see this doctor on more than one occasion. (At least 5 times) every time he is ignorant and very rude as well as just plain dumb and should not be a doctor in my opinion. The last time I went in he even went as far as to make fun of my kids names! Talk about highly unprofessional! I have never had a good experience with this doctor and try to avoid him at all costs. Unfortunately he was the only doctor taking new patients when we needed a doctor so for sylvan he is our "family doctor" however I take myself and my kids to red deer and we see our doctor there. I'd rather make the drive and get quality care and compassion than settle for this guy. We only see him if we absolutely have to. I got a tattoo on my wrist in 20101, in 2013 i saw this doctor as my wrist was very swollen and sore and i could hardly move it. He tried telling me it was from the tattoo i got done 3 years earlier! Wouldn't do any x-rays or anything. Basically told me I was dumb for getting a tattoo and told me not to get anymore and it was my own fault. I than went into red deer to our family doctor and they did x-rays and it turned out it was actually fractured! Which obviously is not caused from a tattoo!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Dr. Kauchali is our family doctor who responds respectfully to any health concerns we may have. Never have we felt rushed or misunderstood. In addition he refers to specialists to address health issues as may be required. Staff are very approachable and positive at the clinic.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

I have had a permanent increase in my fibromyalgia pain (cannot walk for any distance) due to medicine he prescribed and told me I had to stay on even though the pain in my hips was so bad I could not sleep at night. As per the lady who reported below he never came near me or physically examined me. I wonder if this has something to do with Sharia Law - check it out!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2013

He is mine, wife and childs doc. We are very happy with him.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012

When my daughter was having her baby Dr. Kauchalli stayed by her side for 11 hours. What doctors do that now a days. Dr. Kauchalli is a compassionate doctor with an outstanding bed side manner. My family and I are very fortunate to find a doctor that actually cares. Dr. Kauchalli is very prompt at filling out much needed paperwork when dealing with insurance companies. He has phoned in prescriptions for us at no charge. He has listened to our concerns and asked open and closed questions to ensure he has a thorough understanding of our needs.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

I went to this doctor after suffering from stomach pain for 2 months. During the exam he came off as arrogant and uncaring. He did not even look at my stomach let alone touch it. I pleaded that something was wrong and asked to see a specialist or to undergo further testing. He scoffed at the idea and told me to go on a gluten free diet for 3 months and get back to him. 3 Months later after much pain and anxiety I am in the emergency room after passing a white stool. All indications point to a liver or gallbladder issue that may or not be life threatening. This doctor did not listen to my concerns, treated me like a hypochondriac even though i blatantly stated that I have not been to a doctor for 5 years before the pain started and was not imagining the symptoms. Don't let this man be in charge of you or your childrens health. Depending on the results of my upcoming ultrasound I will be filing a malpractice suit against this joke of a doctor.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

Examinations were not thorough. Did not feel as if I were listened to. When he made a diagnosis that was it, no matter what other symptoms developed. Uncaring - no empathy.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2011

Very pompous, egotistical and rude. I went for a meet and greet. While I knew full well and he knew I knew full well that's all the appointment was for, he kept repeating himself how he wouldn't have any actual time for any problems or concerns I might have. I didn't have anything requiring attention however, he kept reiterating how important his time was. He became very egotistical when I mentioned I usually see specialists due to a renal transplant I received. Generally, he seemed as if he looked down on practicing in central alberta. Asking in a condescending tone if I've ever heard of "Swahili." He didn't have time to do much except re-write my medical history, tell me what my name means in a different language and ask me if I was sure I'd want to pass my genes on to any potential offspring. (his words, not mine) Rude. Pompous. Prick.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2011

He is our new family doctor so only saw him once. His intern was very thorough. he took his time and did not rush me. Attended to everything I needed.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2010

I met Dr. Kauchalli by recommendation from a so called "semi-retired" physician. He listened the first time we talked, but had formed a closed opinion and was going against the obvious results of bodily fluid analysis results for diagnosis - which doen't make any sence. I felt that he resisted helping me and forced me to exercise the option of seeing another physician. I would not recommend him to anyone for any reason.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010