Ratings for Dr. Gabriel Chu

Not really too sure if this is the website used to just bash this doctor, but I was shocked to see so many poor reviews! I was asked to see if I could offer an honest review of my experience here with Dr. Chu. How did you essentially save my life. It was mannerism growing in the middle of my circular arteries. I saw several doctors who Couldn’t figure out why I was losing my vision until Dr. chu found out and had me see your neurosurgeon to have it clipped immediately before it ruptured. I believe this is why am still alive and why I still have most of my vision recovered today. He’s super busy and there is usually a 1 hour wait, but he knows his medicine very well. The girls in the office are very efficient. I’m in coming here for eight years and I have no complaints whatsoever. Quality doctor!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2019

If you are going to see Dr. Chu, be sure to pack a lunch, you never know how long you're going to have to wait....also, the staff was not at all sympathetic to our 90 year old father or any of the others waiting. We can't rate the Dr. since we left after an hour and a half of waiting.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2019

The “kits” the front staff pushes are overpriced and often unnecessary. Beware as they won’t refund even when everything is sealed and untouched. We paid $80. for a cheap pair of sunglasses, a small container of eye drops and a small vial of over the counter numbing cream. The front desk told me it was “necessary”. Non of it was used. Money grab 😠 BTW we never see Dr Chu only his colleague

flag | Submitted January 11, 2019

Dt Chu is not telling the whole truth about the lenses he puts in. pay for best but get sandard msp kind. happens over and over again.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2019

Great staff, took a while to see the doctor but that just shows he is highly skilled and sought after. Thanks for everything

flag | Submitted November 5, 2018

Was unable to correctly diagnose and treat my eye problem. I had to get a second opinion from another doctor who was able to help me. I'm glad that I did my own research and did take his advice. The staff are nice and helpful but that is the only positive I have.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2018

My first cataract surgery was done at a private clinic and the pain during surgery was excruciating as I have a problem with freezing. My second surgery was performed by Dr.Chu. I discussed my freezing problem prior to surgery, and Dr.Chu with his great knowledge was able to operate with almost no pain. My eyesight even the same day was great even better than I expected. Wonderful experience!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

My mother had cataract surgery with Dr. Chu and not only did her surgery result in her eyesight being much worse immediately afterwards but the office made her wait for over 2 hours before seeing her at the office the next day. Absolutely appalling

flag | Submitted July 4, 2018

I’ve been seeing Dr Chu for many years and am always impressed with his knowledge and professionalism. It’s a busy office and the staff are helpful, friendly and professional. Recently I had Upper Blepharoplasty. Pre and post process Dr Chu provided detailed explanations of the procedure, what to expect and do for my recovery. The procedure was quick and painless with an easy recovery. I am extremely happy with the results, and still am talking about how this has improved my field of vision. A minor procedure has made huge difference for me. Thank you.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

I have been Dr. Chu's patient since he has been in Abbotsford. I find him to be very professional, highly skilled and straight to the point in his treatment of my glaucoma. The staff are great and I have always been treated respectfully. Yes, his office is very busy; Yes, his practise is growing; Yes, you sometimes have to wait (especially if he is on call with the hospital). That is the price one pays for excellent vision care! Speaking to that, in 2015 I was advised that I had cataracts in both eyes. In addition to having the replacements, Dr. Chu also recommended that I have 'iStent' insertion done at that same time. The iStent could effectively control the pressure in each eye. Having regulated eye pressure is key in treating glaucoma. The other benefit is that the iStents could either reduce or eliminate my need to use pressure reducing eye drops (in my case 2-3 times a day). I elected to have the iStent insertion and can say that they are a game changer! My eye pressures have been consistently great since the surgery AND! No more drops! None! Zero! I don’t miss them at all! The surgery itself inclusive of the cataract replacement took about 15 minutes (my surgeries were 6 weeks apart). I will tell you that it was worth every penny I had to pay to have the iStents inserted (I could also write it off on my income taxes!) If you are considering the iStent my advice is to get it done.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018