Ratings for Dr. Sharadh Sampath

Dr. Sampath is simply remarkable. Confidence, competence AND compassion in a surgeon???!!! He proves it can be done and done beautifully. Great listener - hears what is said and sometimes even what is not. He has an uncanny ability to know just what approach works with me. For example, in response to an answer he had asked me about exercising, he didn't outright say he was disappointed at my effort; he didn't have to. He gave me just the smallest little "the look". The look made me realize that in this partnership, he pulled his weight - he performed a surgery on me to the best of his ability. My part is to do the same. I owe him nothing less than the best of my ability. So that's all it took. Just that tiny little look. For the first time in over 30 years, I will be dragging my sore arthritic body swimming. I agree with so many reviews before me. We are extremely fortunate to have access to the skills of such an extraordinary doctor.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Dr.Sampath did a colon resection on me recently in responce to a severe case of diverticulitis I had. I cannot say enough good things about him and his staff, having not had any medical issues or surgery in my life of 60 years the whole experience was amazing, minimally uncomfortable and will also comment the post-op care at Richmond General was excellent for the (3) days I was there. Wow and amazing is all I can say, we are so fortunate to have this level of care available and thank you Dr. Sampath, from Peter

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

I had him for bariatric surgery in March. He is very compassionate, and very keen to help people who are in need of help. This was my second major surgery, my first being a thyroidectomy, and this one... Was still nervous, and he was able to calm my fears right away! If you need a great surgeon, consider him!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Dr. Sampath has an outstanding combination of surgical skill, knowledge and personal interaction. I highly recommend him. He performed hernia surgery for me. The level of pain was always minimal, I was walking 4-8km a a day after a week and back on my bicycle after 6 weeks. His focus on the patient is unusual; I always felt that everything I asked or said was thoughtfully addressed. I'm 70 years old and like to be physically active. I'm glad that Dr. Sampath was there for me.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

Dr Sampath is an excellent surgeon, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him for any type of surgery, he's very knowledgeable and is very committed to making sure the surgery is successful. He has a very friendly personality which lends itself to making you feel comfortable about the procedure. Thanks Dr Sampath !

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Words are poorly to express how excellent Dr. Sampath is: his outstanding knowledge, superb skills, profound experience, as well as caring about patients!! I feel lucky to have Dr. Sampath at Richmond, who saves life!!! BTW, his assistant Wendy is also very helpful and thoughtful. I strongly recommend Dr. Sampath!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Dr. Sampath was my surgeon and he was excellent. He explained in detail what he would be doing and answered all of my questions. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

I was referred for surgery. Everything went very well from initial consult to follow-up. Didn't hesitate to answer all my questions. He was very personable, knowledgeable and caring. His office assistants can be somewhat abrupt but they are very efficient.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

Dr. Sampath is an amazing doctor with great bedside manners and very knowledgeable. Explains everything in detail and puts u our mind at ease. Very good and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

Dr Sampath took care of our mum. And that is exactly what he did, he was compassionate, knowledgeable, caring and went the extra mile to keep us all informed with my mum's care. Doctors like Dr Sampath are rare to find. We're just so grateful that our mother was under his care. Thank you so much. And thank you for being such a good human being.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016