Ratings for Dr. Michelle Mezei

Rather arrogant and disorganized. After waiting a year between appointments it is unfortunate to not have a chance to speak about developments overy the year and update on other specialist opunions. I believe she works well within her box of defined antibody tests but is clearly lacking a broader capacity or interest to investigate. I genuinely think at one point she likely was working with the patients..but she is clearly quite busy and seems scattered.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

Wrong diagnosis initially. Should be more careful...

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

I have been under Dr Mezei's care for almost 5 years.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

I have a bevvy of overlapping symptoms and have seen specialist after specialist for years and they just give up and pass me on to another one who then gives up and passes me on. She will NOT do that she is sending me to the top specialists for second opinions and is sorting out my condition(s). It may take a year or to but I believe she will get to the bottom of what the problem is and how to treat it.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Mezei for about ten years now. altho I have a rare disease and not much is known about it Dr Mezei is always on top of things and corordernates my other appointments together fore as I have to drive five hours to see her.. she is also in regurlar contact with my family dr to keep him updated also. she is very professional as is her staff. she never makes me feel stupid if I dont understand my disease. I give dr Mezei a ten plus all the way around. you get to make the decision concerning my condition . she is truly a wonderful doctor and would and have recommnded her to others.i am so thankful to have her as my doctor. without her or her very helpful staff that will answer your questions through calling or emailing...i think i would of given up a long time ago. but because of her passion i fight everyday and will not give up hope on my mitochonrial cytopothy thank you so much judy

flag | Submitted December 13, 2013

I was being treated for what other Dr.'s thought was Guillain-Barre Syndrome. This was a follow up appt. to my orig. one over a year ago. The staff was somewhat distant as my test results didn't fit the typical nerve test results. After the tests were done Dr. Mezei came in and said that I was basically wasting her time and asked why I was there even though it was her office that called me for a follow up appt. I am currently trying to reduce my prednisone and run into difficulties every time I go below 13 mg, I was trying to go down one mg at a time and slowly so as not to send my body into a tailspin. She told me to quit delaying the inevitable, that I should just go down quickly and that she would send a letter to all Dr's involved telling them that in fact I do not have GBS even though her original letter said that it was a possibility. She showed absolutely no sympathy for my current condition at all & told me to come back after being off meds for 6 mths. Very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

knowledgeable, thorough and caring. We were fortunate to be under her care.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2012

She was very late getting to the appointment, tests were done by colleage and staff and Dr. Mezei came in at the end fot the consultation. The colleage and other staff doing the tests were very proffessional and informative about the procedures. Dr. Mezei was friendly but the consultation was seemed so brief after such a long wait. She reiterated what the others had told me then referred a surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011