Ratings for Dr. Richard J. Boal

Very outstanding orthopedic surgeon. I would highly recommend him. He replaced my knee and has treated other family members.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

Dr Boal was very helpful with my back. I believe he ia an excellent physician. My issue with him was his ego. He falsly thought I was interested in him due to my making small talk. How wrong he was and that put a wedge bewteen us. However, he is a good doctor just do not share any personal info with him or his ego gets in the way.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

Only orthopedic I will ever see until he retires. Nicest office staff I've experienced.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

Other than being behind on appointments, he was very good. He explained everything in detail and listened to my concerns. The knee surgery he performed on me was nearly painless afterwards and my recovery was quick.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

Rude, uncaring, and should take classes on how to treat patients. I have saved one person from going back to him and seeking another dr. I will always speak ill of this quack.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2009

I was a patient of Dr. Boal's for 2 years. He did two surgeries of mine. While I feel he is an excellent surgeon, he lacks in other areas such as bedside manner. He doesn't spend enough time with his patients. One of my appointments he literally saw me for 45 seconds and then left. I was also having problems after my surgery with swelling for months and he kept telling me it will go away when I ended up having an arthritic disease!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2008

Caring, good diagnostician, listens, works with his patients. Office staff was nice every time I visited. Front office staff are a little bland, but staff in back are very nice.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2008

Dr. Richard J. Boal's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)