Ratings for Dr. Anthony Y. Hui

He has been a voice of reason in the care of our son. He is friendly, personable, and knowledgeable. The staff at Sick Kids think highly of him. He surprises us by making follow up calls to our house to see how our son is doing. Love the man.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

This doctor has reached his limit. He is too old and forgets about how to do his job. My child is now 16 years old and he has missed many of the issues that she has, which could have been caught at a very young age. Flat feet and even at times would not even schedule or follow-up for certain shots. This was so bad that she was suspended from her high school when his office did not follow-up with the government and update them on her shots. The worse part of this is his secretary is awful. She is rude and argumentative. A few of my daughter's friends have him for a doctor and have voiced their concerns as well. The last time I spoke with this doctor personally, he was at a loss for words and tried to deflect any of his actions or the actions of his secretary on to me. I honestly do not know how this man has any of these good ratings. Now because of him, my daughter continues to suffer in pain. After this is over I will be moving my daughter to my GP. My daughter has now requested this. And I am also with child again and WILL NOT be bringing my new born to his practice. He needs to retire.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Great paediatrician! He is the doctor for our two children. The nurse helped delivered our first baby recommended him. He has lots of experience and very skilled in admitting vaccinations. Because we live in Markham, he allows us to book the special Saturday appointments, so that we could avoid crazy weekdays traffic in downtown. The nurse/reception is also very nice. She always gives suggestions for our babies' problems. And she would accommodate next day appointment if the child is suddenly ill. I really hope he will not retired in the near future, so that our children would always be in good care of him!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

I've been bringing my 1.5 years old son since his birth to Dr H. I've never had bad experiences with any of the receptionists (there are at least 4 receptionists that I've seen over the past 1.5 years). When I had to call to make an emergency appointment, the receptionist on call would always take the time to ask what were the symptoms and whether she recommended taking the baby in or not. On the occasion that the baby needed to be seen that day, I had no problem getting a same day appointment. With Dr H, I find him overall very knowledgeable and kind. He does sometime rush through the appointments. I've never had to wait long during appointments though.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Great family doctor. Helpful and knowledgeable. Funny and smart.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

The secretary has no personality, she is unkind and rude. My first experience with her was about 4 months ago when I took my grandson for his 18 month vaccine. I walked in the room, she never acknowledged us. After approximately 15 minutes, I walked to her desk, stood there waiting for several minutes, finally I had to say hello or excuse me, before she looked up at me. I have never had such an unfriendly and unprofessional experience. Today i went with my daughter in law and my 2 year old grandson for a follow up appointment. 2 days earlier we were at Sick Kids Hospital, where he was diagnosed with asthma. I dropped off my daughter in law and grandson in front of the building, parked the car and than made my way to the Doctor's office. Upon my arrival I found my grandson crying, when I asked my daughter in law what happened, she told me that the secretary made them wait in the hallway of the building, they were not allowed in the waiting room. My daughter in law is Latino, I believe that possibly the secretary may be racist or at the very least is very unkind, disrespectful and she should not be in a Pediatrician's office. I expect someone who likes people especially children, someone who is cheerful and kind.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

A wonderful, experience and highly knowledgeable pediatrician.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

This MD discriminated against my daughter for being 10 months to old to be admitted as a patient. I believe that in order to bill OHIP more, he refuses to take on new patients over 1 month old. At the time, my daughter was just 11 months old, yet he refused to see her. This is ridiculous. He needs to be reminded that patients are CUSTOMERS, and that we pay his salary. Age discrimination is never appropriate, and in this case it makes his practice seem like a farce. His receptionist was also rude and unhelpful.

Submitted May 27, 2016

Outstanding doctor. He has taken care of my three boys and my sister in-laws three children through many ailments. He is highly knowledgeable, balanced (refreshing in today's age), and well respected & connected.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

I have been at this clinic since my child was born. The doctor is helpful although I sometimes doubt his knowledge. My child had a rash and I asked him about it and he did not even take a look at the rash. To make maters worse, there is a nurse/receptionist who happens to be the worse nurse possible. She is rude, embarrasses clients not only on the phone but also in front of other clients, denies appointments, and take other clients in front of you. I feel like she has no concept of what parenting is like. The office would be much friendlier without her.

Submitted January 25, 2016