Ratings for Dr. Anthony Y. Hui

Rushes through appointments and won't answer questions in any detail. I brought in a short list of questions that I needed answers to regarding my sons health issues, and he disregarded all with short dismissive responses. It was as if he had no time for us and didn't feel like listening. Considering how long we wait between appointments and how long it takes to drive there and wait to see him, I was very disappointed and annoyed. His secretary is by far the rudest person I have ever encountered in a medical/professional setting. She has never once smiled or even says hello to anyone coming into the office. Neither she nor the doctor ever speaks to my son or awknowledges him, which is concerning considering this is a paediatricians office!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2018

My daughter is 14 years old and I am very pleased with our Doctor knowledge and helpfulness and attention to details.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2018

Experienced, caring doctor with common sense, maturity and wisdom. Has been our pediatrician for both our children for the past 13 years

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

He has been a voice of reason in the care of our son. He is friendly, personable, and knowledgeable. The staff at Sick Kids think highly of him. He surprises us by making follow up calls to our house to see how our son is doing. Love the man.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

This doctor has reached his limit. He is too old and forgets about how to do his job. My child is now 16 years old and he has missed many of the issues that she has, which could have been caught at a very young age. Flat feet and even at times would not even schedule or follow-up for certain shots. This was so bad that she was suspended from her high school when his office did not follow-up with the government and update them on her shots. The worse part of this is his secretary is awful. She is rude and argumentative. A few of my daughter's friends have him for a doctor and have voiced their concerns as well. The last time I spoke with this doctor personally, he was at a loss for words and tried to deflect any of his actions or the actions of his secretary on to me. I honestly do not know how this man has any of these good ratings. Now because of him, my daughter continues to suffer in pain. After this is over I will be moving my daughter to my GP. My daughter has now requested this. And I am also with child again and WILL NOT be bringing my new born to his practice. He needs to retire.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Great paediatrician! He is the doctor for our two children. The nurse helped delivered our first baby recommended him. He has lots of experience and very skilled in admitting vaccinations. Because we live in Markham, he allows us to book the special Saturday appointments, so that we could avoid crazy weekdays traffic in downtown. The nurse/reception is also very nice. She always gives suggestions for our babies' problems. And she would accommodate next day appointment if the child is suddenly ill. I really hope he will not retired in the near future, so that our children would always be in good care of him!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

I've been bringing my 1.5 years old son since his birth to Dr H. I've never had bad experiences with any of the receptionists (there are at least 4 receptionists that I've seen over the past 1.5 years). When I had to call to make an emergency appointment, the receptionist on call would always take the time to ask what were the symptoms and whether she recommended taking the baby in or not. On the occasion that the baby needed to be seen that day, I had no problem getting a same day appointment. With Dr H, I find him overall very knowledgeable and kind. He does sometime rush through the appointments. I've never had to wait long during appointments though.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Great family doctor. Helpful and knowledgeable. Funny and smart.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

The secretary has no personality, she is unkind and rude. My first experience with her was about 4 months ago when I took my grandson for his 18 month vaccine. I walked in the room, she never acknowledged us. After approximately 15 minutes, I walked to her desk, stood there waiting for several minutes, finally I had to say hello or excuse me, before she looked up at me. I have never had such an unfriendly and unprofessional experience. Today i went with my daughter in law and my 2 year old grandson for a follow up appointment. 2 days earlier we were at Sick Kids Hospital, where he was diagnosed with asthma. I dropped off my daughter in law and grandson in front of the building, parked the car and than made my way to the Doctor's office. Upon my arrival I found my grandson crying, when I asked my daughter in law what happened, she told me that the secretary made them wait in the hallway of the building, they were not allowed in the waiting room. My daughter in law is Latino, I believe that possibly the secretary may be racist or at the very least is very unkind, disrespectful and she should not be in a Pediatrician's office. I expect someone who likes people especially children, someone who is cheerful and kind.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

A wonderful, experience and highly knowledgeable pediatrician.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016