Ratings for Dr. Lisa M. Holtsclaw

Dr. Holtsclaw was abrupt, rude, unfocused, and complained a LOT about practicing medicine. (Her NP Cathy Hakes was disinterested and snippy.) She had other NPs prior to Cathy Hakes that listened and really tried their best to give quality care. The office was Ok if you need a routine physical for insurance purposes. I would visit an Urgent Care facility for anything else needing quick diagnosis and attention (ear infections, etc.) Definitely NOT a good source for doctor referrals! Specialist recommended to me were ones that I had personally seen before (wasted time and money) and had negative experiences with. These same physicians also had poor reviews from other patients posted on various web-sites. Highly suggest finding another physician for anything complex.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

Dr Holtsclaw's staff is wonderful, but sometimes they're a bit slow at getting things done (Rxs, Test Results, etc). Dr Holtsclaw is a very nice lady, but can seem a bit abrupt and unfocused. This is a great office to see for normal, everyday issues (possible ENT infections, general physicals), but I wouldn't seek out their care if I had concerns about major issues....I would go straight to a specialist on my own. They may be a good resource for referrals, but I've never asked them for any.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2013

Was not happy with the service I got from her. Nice lady, I just expect more from a doctor. She seemed to be judgemental.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

although dr. Holtsclaw could'nt help me with my advanced illness, she was very compassionate and helpful with finding me a dr. that could help me, I would recommend her to any patient.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2009

Staff is always very friendly and helpful. Dr. Holtsclaw always takes the time to talk to you about what is going on with you. She listens to what you have to say. I would recommend anyone to go to Dr. Holtsclaw for service.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2009

I was very frustrated when after asking several times for a referrel to a specific specialist for my son, I was given one to a completely different doctor. I felt as though I was not truly being listened to.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2009

Dr Holtsclaw is so down to earth, I feel free to talk about anything with her. She is very professional and caring toward her patients.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2008

She takes multiple days off and turns me over to the nurse practicioner, or receptions to tell me if my tests were ok. If they are normal, which they were, the don't follow up.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2007

Dr. Lisa M. Holtsclaw's Credentials

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Harvard-Pilgrim