Ratings for Dr. Lisa C. Butler

This review focuses on how next-to-impossible it can be to make an appointment. Before you can see the doctor to determine if she is knowledgeable or helpful, you must face a major hurdle: getting an appointment. You don't even get her office when you call; when the person finally picks up she says "can you hold," and you are ALWAYS put on hold for several minutes. When the person comes back on the line and you ask for an appointment, she will tell you that Dr Butler is booked until next month (or the month after that) and that she will send a message to her staff to ASK them if she can see you sooner. Come on! When you're sick, that's the last thing you want to hear. It's more like "get lost" than "how can we help you?" When her office does call back, they will tell you to go to Urgent Care instead, and you have to be persistent to get an actual appointment. This will make you feel like you have a doctor who has no interest in actually seeing you when you are sick. So getting your foot in the door takes a lot of persistence, and you will probably give up and go to Urgent Care where nobody knows you and they just tell you to make an appointment with your doctor for more information and a follow-up appointment. They are not meant to be substitutes for over-booked doctors--they are for emergencies when the doctor's office is closed. When you do finally get an appointment, after you arrive, sign-in and are told to sit down and wait, it can take the two young women sitting behind the counter ten minutes to call you up to the counter and another 15-20 minutes to photocopy your paperwork and walk it back to the doctor's area. So even if you arrive at 10:00 for your appointment, you've lost half an hour before the doctor even knows you're there. This is extremely frustrating to watch and adds needless time to your wait. It's light years from the old family doctor you could call and see that day or the next when you are sick. One other point: the waiting area is shabby and icky; the dirty cloth-upholstered couch has to be the home of millions of germs, and one door has been making a terrible noise as the young female employees go in and out of it for years. Dr. Butler is a great doctor, but why is she always so over-booked, and why is a person whose employer is paying hundreds of dollars a month for health coverage made to feel like a nuisance for just trying to get in to see her? Dr Butler is a really good doctor, so I have no complaints there, but she needs to reduce the number of patients she has. come up with an appointment system that is not impersonal and uncaring, and make it easier for patients to see her..

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Dr Butler is a kind, caring and very knowledgable physician. She spends as much time as you need to listen to all of your concerns. Best Doctor we've been to in a very long time!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

Yep, she did the eye-rolling thing with me, too. That's just flat-out rude. I was requesting to see a dermatologist to get my skin checked over-all, as I'm getting up there in age and have some strange spots in last few years. I also mentioned a skin tag I would like removed. She rolled her eyes and said that's not medically necessary, they're not going to do that. After I switched doctors and went to dermatologist, he said no problem, and the skin tag was off in a matter of seconds! So, there, Dr. Butler! Roll your eyes at that! :P

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

First time seeing Dr. Butler and it was the worse experience ever! She seemed like I was bothering her with my questions and even told me "I have too many things going on" and also rolled her eyes quite a few times on me. She did not want to prescribe me some of the medications I have been put on from previous dr. Bottom line one is that I would not recommend her. She's not compassionate and just seems not to care about her patients any more. She seems burn out and kind of robotish. Did not eve day "hello" or "good bye"... terrible people skills.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Been seeing this doctor for over a year, and I'm about to find someone new. She seems overwhelmed or burned out, which shows itself with her seeming to be bothered w/my questions, not asking enough questions of me when I tell her something's going on, and just an overall sense I get that she wants me out of there as soon as possible, by her addressing my problems with too-casual of an attitude/lack of interest. If you only have minor issues(like a cold, allergy, etc.) or extreme issues (like an obvious tumor), she seems fine, but anything in-between, I think she kind of would just rather ignore. One of my impressions is that maybe it's because it will take more paperwork than she thinks it's worth. Dr. Butler's medical assistant, Brenda, has better bedside manner than the doctor herself does. She doesn't even say goodbye due to busyness. You probably already figured this out, but she also doesn't say when to come back if the problem doesn't clear up. I think she's hoping you won't. :/

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014

Very knowledgeable, on time, and friendly. Very easy to talk to and handles everything with easy and humor.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

I like Dr. Butler, both she and staff are friendly. HOWEVER, this is a very busy office, and/or seems to be disorganized because they have trouble staying on top of things and following through with referrals, test results, other stuff you're waiting for. There are patient charts stacked everywhere and I wonder why they aren't all (or most) in a locked filing cabinet. I have called back multiple times to follow up on something, which is annoying to have to do that. The end result is that my referrals (and thus, medical care) get delayed for weeks at a time. :/

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

I have been seeing this doctor for years. I actually hesitate going because she is rude and non caring. Really is time to see another doctor.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

Dr Butler has been my MD for years. She is the best. After moving I changed doctors, only to go back to Lisa and drive the distance. A good doctor is so hard to find.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

Very good clinician, who also listens to her patients. Makes very good referrals to specialists.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2008

Dr. Lisa C. Butler's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Updates

• A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "This review focuses on how next-to-impossible it can be to make an appointment. Before you can see the doctor to determine if she is knowledgeable or helpfu..."

May 16, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Butler is a kind, caring and very knowledgable physician. She spends as much time as you need to listen to all of your concerns. Best Doctor we've been to ..."

August 14, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Yep, she did the eye-rolling thing with me, too. That's just flat-out rude. I was requesting to see a dermatologist to get my skin checked over-all, as I'm ge..."

September 21, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=121289'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 5.0

February 5, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Lisa" to "Lisa C."

April 8, 2012