Ratings for Dr. Leah Wittenberg

My dad had a horrid infection that took his eye in 24 hours. We were both freaking out, but Dr Wittenberg even with never seeing an ifection so severe, was able to lighten the mood and put my dad and myself at ease. She is absolutely the best. My dad and I could of never gone through the stress of the infection without Dr Leah Wittenberg. She always took the time to explain things, and made sure she explained it in the easiest way to understand possible. If ever you need a fantastic doctor for you eyes, this Dr is absolutely the way to go.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Without a doubt, one of the, if not the best Retinologist in the Lower mainland. Dr. Whittenberg is an outstanding Doctor.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

Knowledgeable, Great inter personal skills, and a very lively surgeon. . .

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Very large office, but I was finished when they told me I'd be done. Dr. Wittenberg is pretty amazing and helpful.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Dr Wittenburg is great,she care of her patient. She will never let you feel nervios during the surgery.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

Dr Wittenberg is full of energy. Her appointments seem to be short and sweet but it doesn't come across as rushing the patient or the problems. In fact, she came fully prepare and in my case, she can even repeat my reasons of the visit - drug reaction from post-op infection and may / may not lead to my eye sight issues. Her examination is efficient and she gives advices after considering a much much bigger picture than just the eyes. In my case, she noted my post-op issue and suggested to delay my eye treatment until I felt better, but at the same time, she gave me a direct hotline to her calling for immediate help if I think my eyes deteriorated. Where can you get this type of thinking ahead and also thinking for the patient ? When finally I had my laser treatment, her speed and skill really put me at ease. From the way she worked with the machine, you can tell that she has complete control and full confidence which is as natural to her as breathing. You definitely can trust her.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

All I can say is "WOW". What a bundle of energy and very personable but you'd better be on your game when you see her. She moves 100 mph and I respect that since specialists appointments have such a long wait. If it is not urgent, she follow up with appointments to monitor but I imagine she is as qiuick to deal with an urgent issue. Came away feeling that I was in very good hands indeed. Staff seem to enjoy working in a very busy, but well organized. clinic. If she had sat around with me for 20 minutes or so, someone really needing to see her would not have been able to for months, or I would have had to wait 3 months just to have my fears dispelled. Keep up the good work, for all of us!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

If A Dr is looking at your eyes they need to have the drops put in ahead of time then wait for the drops to work. This takes time. Yes the place is fast paced. yes the phone contact and appointments is not "user friendly". The Dr is I appreciate what she has done for me and my progrssive diseas..

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I had the same experience as another person's experience stated here. She spent less than 15 minutes examining my eye and talking to me about my problem after dilating my pupils while sitting in the lobby. She then rattled off an account of the session on a tape recorder for about 90 seconds or less to give to her secretary. She was all smiles and seemed to celebrate being able to rush patients through the office like objects on a car assembly line. Given that the government MSP system pays her $100 or more per patient visit, I estimate that she is billing the government system at a rate of about $600 to $1000 per hour in light of her ability to hurry patients through every session. In the end, I wasn't given enough information about my problem and told that my problem comes normally with aging. Her info/opinion was different to that given by another more experienced senior ophthalmologist who I had seen one week earlier. It seems like you have to visit a number of ophthalmologists to get the correct medical assessment (i.e. when you get consistent info).

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

Professional, thorough, extremely knowledgeable, and efficient. I would highly recommend Dr. Wittenberg.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015