You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Leah Wittenberg

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

Dr Wittenberg is full of energy. Her appointments seem to be short and sweet but it doesn't come across as rushing the patient or the problems. In fact, she came fully prepare and in my case, she can even repeat my reasons of the visit - drug reaction from post-op infection and may / may not lead to my eye sight issues. Her examination is efficient and she gives advices after considering a much much bigger picture than just the eyes. In my case, she noted my post-op issue and suggested to delay my eye treatment until I felt better, but at the same time, she gave me a direct hotline to her calling for immediate help if I think my eyes deteriorated. Where can you get this type of thinking ahead and also thinking for the patient ? When finally I had my laser treatment, her speed and skill really put me at ease. From the way she worked with the machine, you can tell that she has complete control and full confidence which is as natural to her as breathing. You definitely can trust her.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

All I can say is "WOW". What a bundle of energy and very personable but you'd better be on your game when you see her. She moves 100 mph and I respect that since specialists appointments have such a long wait. If it is not urgent, she follow up with appointments to monitor but I imagine she is as qiuick to deal with an urgent issue. Came away feeling that I was in very good hands indeed. Staff seem to enjoy working in a very busy, but well organized. clinic. If she had sat around with me for 20 minutes or so, someone really needing to see her would not have been able to for months, or I would have had to wait 3 months just to have my fears dispelled. Keep up the good work, for all of us!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

If A Dr is looking at your eyes they need to have the drops put in ahead of time then wait for the drops to work. This takes time. Yes the place is fast paced. yes the phone contact and appointments is not "user friendly". The Dr is I appreciate what she has done for me and my progrssive diseas..

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I had the same experience as another person's experience stated here. She spent less than 15 minutes examining my eye and talking to me about my problem after dilating my pupils while sitting in the lobby. She then rattled off an account of the session on a tape recorder for about 90 seconds or less to give to her secretary. She was all smiles and seemed to celebrate being able to rush patients through the office like objects on a car assembly line. Given that the government MSP system pays her $100 or more per patient visit, I estimate that she is billing the government system at a rate of about $600 to $1000 per hour in light of her ability to hurry patients through every session. In the end, I wasn't given enough information about my problem and told that my problem comes normally with aging. Her info/opinion was different to that given by another more experienced senior ophthalmologist who I had seen one week earlier. It seems like you have to visit a number of ophthalmologists to get the correct medical assessment (i.e. when you get consistent info).

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

She is a brilliant eye surgeon - she gave me my eyesight back! VERY BUSY office but then with such a high quality doctor it is to be expected. She does not waste time, very fast and to the point and focused.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Fast but patient. Willing to listen and really good at explaining the situation. I have only seen her once but fully intend to keep this doctor as I think she is a gift. Although I have a serious condition, I left feeling really good about myself.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

Dr. Leah Wittenberg's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Wittenburg is great,she care of her patient. She will never let you feel nervios during the surgery."

January 24, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Wittenberg is full of energy. Her appointments seem to be short and sweet but it doesn't come across as rushing the patient or the problems. In fact, she c..."

December 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "All I can say is "WOW". What a bundle of energy and very personable but you'd better be on your game when you see her. She moves 100 mph and I respect that sinc..."

December 10, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "If A Dr is looking at your eyes they need to have the drops put in ahead of time then wait for the drops to work. This takes time. Yes the place is fast paced...."

July 21, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I had the same experience as another person's experience stated here. She spent less than 15 minutes examining my eye and talking to me about my problem after ..."

July 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Professional, thorough, extremely knowledgeable, and efficient. I would highly recommend Dr. Wittenberg."

May 25, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Be prepared to be kept waiting up to 2 hours before they see you. Doctor good but not worth the frustration."

May 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She is a brilliant eye surgeon - she gave me my eyesight back! VERY BUSY office but then with such a high quality doctor it is to be expected. She does not wast..."

April 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Love her! She's so funny, love how she greets everyone 'hey trouble'! She's definitely a gift! "

March 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Fast but patient. Willing to listen and really good at explaining the situation. I have only seen her once but fully intend to keep this doctor as I think she i..."

January 18, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Love her! She has recently changed her process for seeing patients (in Abbotsford at least) that seems to have cut the wait time down a lot. I was given 2 appo..."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "very helpful and nice, she told me what was wrong with me"

January 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wittenberg and her staff are excellent! Dr Wittenberg is very supportive and understands the healing power of a positive doctor patient interaction. Definit..."

November 22, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Okay ,so sometimes you have to allow a couple of hours from start to finish depending what your treatment for that day is but there are times when I have been i..."

November 21, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Omg. How many patients is she seeing in such a limited time? Every time I drive my dad it is 2 hours and more. Whoever runs the office is doing a terrible job ..."

October 22, 2014
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "This clinic is very busy and Dr. Wittenberg is definitely busy as well. I do find her talks at a very fast speed but clear. She's very thorough and friendly wit..."

September 24, 2014
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Expect to wait, it's like the emergency room down there. Dr. Wittenberg is a busy busy doctor. I think she does care, but she needs to see so many people. Can't..."

September 10, 2014