Ratings for Dr. I Sorial

He is a wonderful Dr. Very kind. He asks for your opinion. He wants to know what is going on. However, he is difficult to get an appt with.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Dr. Sorial is a wonderful doctor. He has worked with me over the last several years to find the right combination of meds to help with my anxiety. He is always polite and caring. He always listens to me concerns. I really like him. I read some of the negative reviews bashing him. His job is not listen. That's the job of a psychologist/ therapist/ social worker. A psychiatrist's job (like dr sorial) is to prescribe medication. That's all.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Such a bedside helpful manner. If Oshawa was not so under funded per capata. There would be no waiting times. Other then that five stars.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

For the past year, Dr. Sorial has been seeing my boyfriend & had diagnosed him as Paranoid Schizophrenic. He was put on the appropriate medication and then sent into the world. This doctor is quick to prescribe medications and while it was a good thing to get him started, EVERY time he goes to the office, Sorial tries to prescribe him something new. He was doing fine on one type of medication, and about 6 months in, Dr. Sorial tries to switch the medication to something different. I wondered, if something is working, why change it now? As the other meds he was on, were working just fine. Luckily, we did a test run; turns out my boyfriend is allergic to the meds he had tried to switch him onto. Not only does this doctor harp on the fact that my boyfriend occasionally smokes marijuana, judging him and basically blaming all of his symptoms on weed - but also refused to write him a letter for ODSP in the beginning. And even after he finally filled out the paperwork, it was not suffice, and he's been put through the ringer with it. This doctor has done nothing to help my boyfriend understand the nature of his demons, but to continuously berate him for doing the wrong thing (smoking marijuana occasionally) & NEVER sit him down to talk about how he's feeling. I dont understand the point of psychiatrists, are they only around to throw medications at you? There is little humanity occurring here and its extremely unnerving to know that these are the people who are supposed to be helping the mentally ill. It really makes sense now, as to why so many people who suffer with mental illness suffer for so long before getting any actual help. This realization makes me sick to my stomach. This doctor has never asked him how he is feeling, what his fears are, what he is even thinking - his appointments are less than 15mins usually & he never leaves feeling good or better about himself. This doctors secretary is an unfeeling ice queen as well, but thats a whole other ballgame.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

My sister had a terrible experience with this doctor. He encouraged her to go off heavy duty medications with caused horrible side effects, without ever warning her of the possible impact on her health. He did this while she was 5 months pregnant. By 7 months she was having drug induced psychosis and ended up going into labour early. He in completely incompetent and does not seem to care about his patients. During all of the chaos that happened he never apologized or owned up to his mistakes, and continually discriminated and judged my sister. I would not recommend going to this physician for help.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

I've been with him for about 5 years now. He's a decent man, there isn't anything BAD about him but nothing GREAT about him either.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

I. too, was truly lucky to have found Dr. Sorial.(I think it was my angels behind it!!) He is the best thing that has happened for me after years of mediocre care for mental illness.(never seemed to really get better). I have never done as well as I have over the last 8 years that I have been seeing him. He knows his medications thoroughly, would see me anytime if I felt I was not in a good place, and makes you feel at ease because he speaks to you so politely as a whole person.....not ever making you feel ashamed of your illness(es). He will even tell you he is proud of you for the efforts you make to stay well by understanding and managing your illness. Don't know where I'd be without him. A true health care provider. Would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

Dr. Sorial is a great doctor. I have been suffering from mental illness for most of my life. Dr. Sorial is patient, understanding and caring. He is always accommodating when trying to "dial in" on meds, able to prioritize and is rarely extremely off-schedule. The nursing staff ranges from excellent to poor but most are very experienced and well-suited for mental health nursing. His secretary is overworked (she also handles 3/4 other doctors) and can be excused for being lame. Overall, I would sincerely like to thank Dr. Sorial and would genuinely recommend him to anyone else suffering with mental illness.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014

Saw him several times with my son....unfortunately we found him told low key and somewhat disconnected......very impersonal....pushed medication rather than talking or guidance....not much help to us.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

I lucked out when I happened upon Dr. Sorial. He assessed my medications. He has also helped my son to great relief. He takes the time explain things, gives great advice, changes medications when required. He makes you feel comfortable, seems lik a good friend you can trust to tell your problems too.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012