Ratings for Dr. Skender Murtezani

Truly gifted and now has a MS in epidemiology. Lucky to have him

flag | Submitted May 8, 2019

Great physician. I would highly recommend him to others. Is highly intelligent and compassionate. Treats you like family.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

Dr Murtezani is a human being and a doctor,he sure possess all the ingredient of a great doctor,very comforting and caring. Thank you Doc!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2011

He is simply the most caring doctor you could hope to find! --and a great diagnoser of illnesses!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2010

Dr. M. treats patients with respect, listening with an open-mindedness not often seen in an internist. He is very knowledgeable and always does his best to make sure your health problems are taken care of in the best way possible. So knowledgeable about preventive health care as well. A gem of a doctor! A very nice staff, too.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2010

I retract the negative remarks on 9/07 regarding my Dad’s experience w/Dr. Murtezani at NYHQ; I was very misinformed. In 12/07 my Dad returned from rehab & he & I switched doctors.We wanted to see a doctor w/her own practice near my job. Her staff recommended her new colleague practicing out of her office whom they called Dr. Ken b/c we would have a short wait. As I spoke to him,he said he was familiar w/my Dad & his case. He said I even called his office & spoke w/him about my Dad! He also said he's the person I made negative comments about on this website! I told him that I did call the doctor assigned to my Dad & I did post a negative comment regarding that person but his name was Murtezani. He looks up & says ‘that’s me, Ken Murtezani’. I learned he was attentive to my Dad while at NYHQ & what happened was in no way his fault.During the past 6 months,I discovered he’s very intelligent & thorough. As a person,he’s forgiving,kind,very caring & takes a genuine interest in people.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2008

the best dr.ever i live in brooklyn and i see dr.murtezani in queens 20 miles from brooklyn

flag | Submitted February 9, 2008

My wife and I have been seeing Dr. Murtezani for several years and have been very happy with his medical knowledge and compassion. We have never had to wait too long in the office to see him and he is very courteous and professional.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2007

In 8/07 my Dad broke his hip and had staples put in by a surgeon at NYHQ. A week later he was discharged & sent for rehab in a center affiliated with same hospital. At rehab he developed a bloodclot & had to go back to NYHQ. While there Murtezani was assigned to him. He not only NEVER visited him, but failed to communicate with attending residents & nurses & he discharged him from NYHQ WITHOUT removing the staples even though he assured patient's family he would and led us to believe he had. Family found out the truth when patient was readitted to new rehab center and shown surgical area, complete with staples! Now site is infected and Murtezani and NYHQ want nothing to do with my Dad, his family, or the entire issue. To them, our Dad is just another $$$$$.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2007