Ratings for Dr. Stanley E. Farrell

I had high hopes as I went to Dr. Farrell on a referral from my Neurologist at Barrows Neurological. I filled out my new patient packet online. At the bottom of one page where I signed I also indicated I did not agree to random drug and urine testing as I was only referred to him for one procedure. I didn't even see Dr. Farrel as I was called into a room and told he would not see me if I didn't agree to everything that was on the form. Basically he even refused to speak with me. I do not feel this was appropriate as I did not even agree to any procedure simply was at his office for a consultation. I then called Barrows Neurological to let them know what he is demanding from anyone they send over to him.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Traumatized by this Doctor! Sitting on the edge of the exam table, I felt him brush up against my knee a few times with his private parts. The first few times, I thought it was an accident, but as the exam progressed, this kept happening and eventually I felt he was pressing into my knee. Using a tool to measure how far I could open, my jaw started to tremble. Instead of stopping or checking in with me, he stuck the tool back in my mouth, told me “we are going to stretch together” as he put his finger on my teeth expecting me open wider than I was able. It caused me extreme distress and I had to physically pull his arms away from my face and said, “don’t do that.” I broke down crying and told him I couldn’t believe he just did that, trying to force me to open wider than I could. He told the tech to note that “patient cannot tolerate measurements.” I was so visibly upset, I could barely speak, yet he wanted to continue to the Ultrasound. They ended up leaving the room for a bit since I was openly upset and only the tech/nurse came back in a few minutes later. I was sent away with a referral to a PT and a surgeon after spending less than 5 minutes with Dr. Farrel. I feel surgery should always be a last resort. I am now researching DTR using T-Scan and hope to find out whether I’m a candidate. I haven’t found a doc in Arizona yet and found they are rare, but check out Dr. Nick Yiannios You Tube videos for more info to see if this speaks to you as it has to me.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

I drive all the way from Tucson to see him, he puts forth an honest effort and work to resolve your issues, he really tries. His staff is great and always so helpful.....this TMJ thing is a work in progress and the process starts when u let Dr Farrell work for you, and his prices are way cheaper than some other docs I know

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

Before I met dr Farrell I had a headache everyday. Since starting Botox I go weeks between headaches. I have returned to school full time and work full time as well as a busy family life I could never have done before.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

I have severe TMJ. I was looking for help, because what I was doing with my dentist was not working. When my jaw is out I am in severe pain/headache/tinnitus. When I contactedDr. Farrell's office, I was told that he would do other procedures besides oral splints in office. His manners is not engaging or friendly. After I received the splints my TMJ became worse. I came in for adjustments. I was told splints are not for everyone. I had questions about the new splints. Dr Farrell did not answer the questions rather was quite verbally abusive by being intimidating and confrontative. He did not answer all my questions, adjusted the splints and said he was "happy that my TMJ was getting worse." Also he will not do any injections in the office because he is afraid yet I hear how he does injections all the time with other patients. His excuse was not satisfactory. My insurance paid for this/he made money/very curt/no people skills. I would have gone elsewhere had I known this.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013

I read several poor reviews decided that I would try him out anyway because I am desperate for relief from my headaches. He suggested injections, medications and orthodontic devices. I asked a few questions about the pace in which I implemented each treatment and he was flexible with what I wanted to do as long as I started the splint within 2 weeks of the injections. He said he would have his staff member Jackie talk to me about price. Jackie was like used care salesman trying to sell me on the most elaborate package they had. I said that I wanted to skip the splint until next week as agreed upon with the doctor. She told me that if I didn't agree to everything right then she wasn't going to do anything. When I asked to speak with the doctor again she said it would be over an hour before he could come back to answer questions They only care about money, dont waste your time and co-pay unless you plan on spending thousands and making a knee jerk decision A disappointment and scam!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

I find it very interesting at the false information provided by a few people. Dr. Farrells dental liscense was never revoked in the state of AZ. He actually chose to retire and furthered his education at UCLA in Oral facial Pain Management. He then began to practice his specialty. He and his staff are up front about what is expected during the treatment process as well as very caring and friendly. I have been a migraine sufferer for years and feel very lucky that i met him and that he is treating me. Shame on people who are trying to smear his name.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

I have suffered from headaches for years & when I found out I had TMJ, I looked up a TMJ specialist & it took me right to Dr. Farrell. I am SO GLAD I found him!!! For the first time in YEARS, I have not suffered from any type of headache!! I would & will recommend this doctor to any one who has been suffering from any sort of facial or head pain!! He has given me back a normal life!! Thank you so much Dr. Farrell!!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Stan Farrell and his staff. I had suffered from TMJ for most of my life, but was basically muddling through--almost in constant pain, I had begun to believe it was my destiny. However, I found Dr. Farrell online, and going to see him has been one of the best things I have ever done. I had no idea how bad my jaw joints had deteriorated over the years: His CT scan showed that I have severe degeneration of my chondyles and jaw joints bilaterally. After receiving injections and splint therapy, my pain level has gone from a 9 to a 1. The staff is equally wonderful; they are kind, friendly, informative and I honestly feel that they all TRULY care for me. Thank you, Dr. Farrell and staff, for throwing me the life raft I so desperately needed! I will be forever grateful.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

Dr. Farrell is a miracle worker! I started suffering from migraines as an early teen. As I got older they got progressively worse. I have seen more doctors than I can count trying to find relief. Dr. Farrell was recommended to me by a coworker. I was skeptical at first (having seen so many doctors in the past) but willing to try anything. Dr. Farrell not only fixed my TMJ, but I haven't had a migraine in six months! I would highly recommend him to anyone suffering from migraines or TMJ

flag | Submitted January 17, 2011

Dr. Stanley E. Farrell's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1991)