Ratings for Dr. Sidney Fleisher

Dr. Sidney Fleisher is a total waste of time and not a good dentist. I visited him regarding a minor problem I was having. He said I needed over $5000 of work to my teeth. I went to another dentist and was told that no work was required. If you go to Dr. Fleisher be prepared to be overcharged for work you may not even need. Always get a second opinion. I do not recommend Dr. Sidney Fleisher. There are many better and more qualified dentists in Winnipeg.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Dr. Fleisher did not provide me with enough information to provide informed consent to treatment. He did not tell me the risks involved and went ahead with the least conservative treatment which damaged bite and teeth and caused me to be in a state of constant pain. He carved my teeth without telling me he was changing my bite. All he said was he was removing less than a hair's diameter from my teeth. I came in with milder symptoms with only slight wear on my front teeth witch took years to occur. I only wanted a new night gaurd. After carving my teeth overnight I slept and woke up in the most severe pain. My teeth portions were gone ... I had never experienced such pain from my teeth . My teeth were damaged and now in critical condition cracking from the pressure and worn down from Dr. Fleisher destroying my teeth by ruining my bite. Stay clear of this dentist. His intentions were good but the outcome from his treatment has been terrible .

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

I was referred to dr. Fleischer by my dentist(at the time, same office) for tmj symptoms. He started to work on my teeth by shaving off different areas of various teeth stating it would improve my bite thus helping the tmj. While doing this he shaved off the side of a bridged tooth thus taking all the porcelain on the side of the tooth off. I could hear the pieces of porcelain going into the suction tube that his assistant was using. (Edna)I also saw that her eyes got larger in disbelief however at the time I didn't realize what had happened. I just thought it was shavings of the tooth. So now I have exposed metal in my mouth from where he broke off the porcelain. I have since done some research on metal and exposure and cancer and other illnesses. (Not good) . I'm unsure of whether dr. Fleiischer knew what he had done or ( ignore it). However I do know that Edna did based on her horrified look that day . Neither one Said a word and pretended that nothing happened. Dr. fleischer should have reviewed my file and saw I had bridges and crowns in my mouth. He obviously didn't. Now I'm left to worry and deal with this exposed sharp metal in my mouth. He also shaved a molar on the other side so sharp and deep that it is very sensitive now. I know this will be an issue further done the line. I'm not even sure what the cost was as I had insincere coverage. Stay away from this dentist. What decent dentist doesn't read a patients file and just starts shaving of teeth. And even if it was an accident he didn't take responsibility for it. Horrifying. i would caution anyone . . Avoid this dentist for any dental work. Don't get sucked in to his charming demeanor. And before he starts to shave off your teeth ask more questions. As far as my experience he is not a good dentist.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Dr. Fliesher is an exceptional dentist. He is incredibly knowlegable and patient in addressing all oral health concerns. Following years of orthodontic treatment, I required treatment for grinding and clenching my teeth. Since I started seeing Dr. Fliesher not only do my teeth look great, but I'm smiling much more because I am no longer dealing with jaw pain, stiff neck, and daily headaches. Thank you to him and to his lovely assistant.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

Submitted June 25, 2014

I visited this dentist for a free consultation (as advertised on his website). He was rude and condescending and was of no help at all. He charged me $165 to explain why I had a problem with my teeth without offering any help or relief for my problem. I do not recommend this dentist to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

I was referred to Dr Fleisher and Edna to treat years of suffering with tmj and other effects. They are warm, caring and knowledgeable. Immediately I no longer wake up with throbbing head aches in the morning. They are genuinely concerned with other issues I am dealing with and make every effort to offer any help with the necessary referrals. You don't often come across people like this anymore!! Thank you

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

He and his staff were delightful, professional but friendly. The procedure dramatically effected my mornings positively.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

Dr. Fleisher is an amazing man and dentist. I didn't have insurance. And was in major financial trouble. I told him this and I heard him say these words under his breath " I will not see God's children begging for bread" He then made the receptionist rip up a couple of bills. I never had to pay. And it doesn't matter if i have called last minute for me or my children, but they always fit me in quickly. This dentist has not only given me exceptional dentistry care, but his kindness and love has impacted my life in a major way. He has touched my heart. and is in unforgettable person. Its funny that Im talking about a dentist this way but my encounters with him have been nothing less than encountering an angel. Im not even fully convinced that hes not an angel.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

Dr. Fleisher and Edna are a great team. I was suffering from severe jaw pain and stiffness. On my first visit Dr. Fleisher and Edna put me at ease and Dr. Fleisher new just what my problem was. He made me a splint to wear at night and the very next day my jaw felt better. He was really good at following up with me weekly/bi-weekly to make sure everything was still good, adjusted my bite accordingly and I am still pain free. He is very knowledgeable and I would recommend him to anyone suffering from jaw pain headaches or anything like that. He is very good at what he does. Thanks Dr. Fleisher! Jada D.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012