Ratings for Dr. Karen Hershenfield

Dr. Hershenfield is an excellent family physician. She is compassionate, caring, knowledgeable and experienced. I've been a patient for 8 years or so and moved my parents over as well. She is so great with them and really takes the time to listen to them and researches options for them. (They are over 70 yrs old and not in good health). The biggest downside is calling the office to book an apt. Wait times on hold are really long. Thankfully, I email in my apt requests and they get back to you right away. Dr. Hershenfield is a great doctor and I can't wait for her to get back from mat leave.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Dr. Hershenfield called me at home when she found out that I had been hospitalized. She actually cares. When she doesn't know something, she will find out and get back to you. Most importantly - she is thorough. The parking is awful. It is nearly impossible to get through to the receptionists over the phone. But she is worth all of that and more. I hope she never retires!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

Best doctor ever! She became our family doctor in 2010 I believe and also became my daughter's doctor. When I got pregnant with my second she offered to be my OB or to recommand one. I was thrilled that she could also be my OB as I really find her amazing. She was there when my son was born (had to be a c-section) and checked in on us the next day. Now I'm expecting child No. 3 and again she will be my OB of choice! I hope she will be able to also be my new baby's doctor! I would recommand her to anyone. She knows what she's doing and keeps her knowledge up-to-date. The only donwsite is the receptionists... It's a huge challenge to get them on the phone but that's why they offer online appointment booking and they answer your emails really fast I find.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

I was very pleased with Dr. Hershenfield. She is professional yet compassionate. I would recommend her to anyone pregnant to use her as their OB.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2014

Cons: Parking! Making an appointment or calling the office to get results. Good luck trying to make an appointment via phone. If they were busy, I could understand but they automating put u in hold and leave u waiting. Took one week of telephone tag trying to talk to the nurse to get results. She could have saved me so much time leaving a message. Pros: It is incredibly hard to find a doctor that is willing to take new patients. She took us on when we needed a doctor.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

I have spent years with terrible doctors. From the time I started seeing Karen and the doctors that are filling in for her (she is on maternity leave currently). They have found the answers to my issues that another doctor wouldn't/couldn't. If I'm in pain, there must be a solution. Now we are working on long term solutions rather than me feeling like its all in my head (like I did with my other doctor). Good bedside manner, telephone follow-ups and excellent specialist referrals are just some of the good service you will receive. Highly recommend

flag | Submitted November 10, 2013

I am so pleased that I have found Dr Hershenfield as my family doctor. She is so caring and knowledgeable. She called me on many occasions with follow up questions. I have never waited more than few minutes for my appointment showing that she cares about out time too. You never feel rushed at your appointments with her, and she is always happy to answer any questions you have. pediatrician. I am so happy that she is now our family doctor. I am also pleased with her office staff, always calling me after my phone messages, leaving requisitions for me to easy pick up. The overall experience with Dr. Hershenfield and the office is excellent.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

I am so pleased that I chose Dr Hershenfield as my family doctor. She is so caring and knowledgeable. She has even called me on several occasions with follow up questions that she thought of after our visit; she is just that thorough. I have never waited more than 10 minutes for my appointment in over 2 years! You never feel rushed at your appointments with her, and she is always happy to answer any questions you have. I was not sure if I should use her for my daughter or get a pediatrician. I am so happy that I chose her as my daughter's physician because she is wonderful with children and is very knowledgeable about pediatric issues. I know we are in great hands with her.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2012

Dr Hershenfield is a very good doctor. She listens to you to understand what's going on and pays close attention. She is knowledgeable, courteous, and unassuming. She is quick to respond and isn't afraid to refer you when a specialist is needed. She was my wife's OB and made us very comfortable throughout the pregnancy and birth of our 1st child. Since I didn't have a family doctor for years, it was an easy choice for me.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2012

Dr. Hershenfield was my ob for my first baby and she was amazing. All through my pregnancy she was courteous and answered all my questions (silly or not). She reassured me that I would be fine as I got closer to my due date and started to become very nervous. She was there for the delivery of the baby which was so important to me, andshe coached and cheered me on through the whole thing. She even came by to check on me and the baby the next day. I would recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2012