Ratings for Dr. Kan Yu

I have been seeing Dr. Yu for 6 months now and could not be more pleased. He cares for his patients and is very knowledgeable and willing to help. I normally do not write reviews for anything however after seeing what others had written about him not caring and not taking time I just had to set the record straight… Dr. Yu does take the time needed with each patient. I have never left there feeling that he rushed me of didn’t answer all my concerns. I have had 6 spinal surgeries and have seen many doctors about headaches and nerve pain and only Dr. Yu has been able to help. I would highly recommend him... After seeing our family Doctor and having MRIs of the brain for headaches and smelling smoke with nothing found My wife also went to see him. Once he looked at the MRI images he noticed that her pituitary gland looked like it had a growth and sent her to Barrows. This is something the radiologist and family doctor had missed... It just shows again how good Dr. Yu is at his job.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

I agree with the Aug 16, 2014 poster--"Dr. Yu isn't a bad doctor but he is very fast, very confusing and seems to contradict himself often." Dr. Yu seems very knowledgeable, and I am comfortable with his diagnosis and treatment. However, conversations are certainly challenging. I have to repeat what he has said to clarify--and frequently what I thought I'd heard was not what he had actually meant. This seems to be due to his rapid-fire thought and speech pattern.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Dr. Yu IS very nice and friendly and I went to Dr. Yu because I am Spinal Cord Injured and had been experiencing unexplained Autonomic Dysreflexia that was continually worsening. I had read some fabulous things about him and his Awards so thought he could help me. Every visit I felt like he really had no clue what to think or do about me. He finally ordered an MRI of my neck and reported that it looked fine. My last visit he asked how the pump in my back was working so I told him that I don't have a pump. That didn't even raise an eyebrow from him then he immediately asked if a certain medication I was (supposedly) on was working and I told him I'd never been on any such medication. That didn't phase him and he rolled right into his next statement. He wasn't looking at any file so I don't know who he thought I was. I wouldn't go back to him and a few months later his office called to say he would no longer see me bcuz my insurance changed to Medicare.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

Dr. Yu and his Staff are amazing. Truly. I suffer migraines and through his expertise and treatment I am able to get through my days with very little discomfort. Dr. Yu also treats my mom and he has turned her life around for the better. I would recommend him to anyone, anytime.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

There is no other doctor out there like Dr. Yu. He is brilliant, gifted and intuitive. He has to be one of the smartest doctors of all time yet he is humble, compassionate, sympathetic and has not been hardened the way so many doctors are today. He does not give up. I will always have a special place in my heart for Dr. Yu. He is an amazing man who has blessed my life with his gift of knowledge and healing

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Dr. Yu is so so much more then just a Dr. This man is truly gifted with his unique ability to understand the sick. He is professional,compassionate,brilliant,fun and funny. This dr can literally make the sick smile, I am so blessed he is a part of my life!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

Dr Yu only half listened to my husbands diagnosis. He kept saying neck pain but it was neck and should pain which radiated to his left arm. He ordered 2 MRIs, one for the brain and one for the neck. He didn't order anything for his shoulder because he ignored that part. Then during our follow up after all of MRIs, during the middle of our visit he took a phone call. I understand it was probably an important phone call but it's not like you are with us for more than 10 min.. it could have waited. You are not the only doctor with family matters, and I have never even seen a cell phone an another doctor little alone a ring, or answering it and talking on the phone for about 5 min during the appointment. Then he said everything is fine see you in a month. And we said well what's causing this, he said he didn't know. And I said that's why we came so we can find out what's causing it and fix it. And he said I did diagnosis him with neck pain. Any 4 yr old can figure out that if he has pain in his neck then he has neck pain... it's a SYMPTOM. He completely ignored everything else (ie should, arm numbness, etc). He said we should follow up with Mayo Clinic because they are the best. If he cared half as much about his patients as he does about his families medical issues then he would be a better doctor. But he didn't care about figuring out what was wrong. DONT GO HERE!! HE JUST CARES ABOUT MONEY NOT THE PT!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Without a doubt one of my favorite doctors! I have been seeing him for several years now and he knows what he is doing! My quality of life has tripled in the time I have been coming to see him! What I also like is the fact that I don't have to wait forever to see him and once I'm there he gets me in and out again! I don't need, nor do I want someone to hold my hand, so if that's what you are looking for maybe this isn't the place for you but for those of us who work and have a life I highly recommend Dr. Yu!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

With the exception of one (dark blonde), the staff is extremely rude, robotic, lacks follow through, constantly makes mistakes, acts like they are working at a McDonalds instead of a doctors office. Dr. Yu isn't a bad doctor but he is very fast, very confusing and seems to contradict himself often. If you are expecting to be treated as an individual, rather than a number, then he is not the one to see.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

I have been amazed at how knowledgeable Dr. Yu was. He is very kind and takes the time to answer any question you may have. I have chronic migraines. After trying several medications to get them under control, he suggested Botox injections. I was hesitant at first but they have been absolutely the best treatment I have ever tried. I was pleasantly surprised by him. I have had several neurologist over the past 20 years and this is the first time I have gotten relief.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014