You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Kan Yu

I agree with the Aug 16, 2014 poster--"Dr. Yu isn't a bad doctor but he is very fast, very confusing and seems to contradict himself often." Dr. Yu seems very knowledgeable, and I am comfortable with his diagnosis and treatment. However, conversations are certainly challenging. I have to repeat what he has said to clarify--and frequently what I thought I'd heard was not what he had actually meant. This seems to be due to his rapid-fire thought and speech pattern.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Dr. Yu IS very nice and friendly and I went to Dr. Yu because I am Spinal Cord Injured and had been experiencing unexplained Autonomic Dysreflexia that was continually worsening. I had read some fabulous things about him and his Awards so thought he could help me. Every visit I felt like he really had no clue what to think or do about me. He finally ordered an MRI of my neck and reported that it looked fine. My last visit he asked how the pump in my back was working so I told him that I don't have a pump. That didn't even raise an eyebrow from him then he immediately asked if a certain medication I was (supposedly) on was working and I told him I'd never been on any such medication. That didn't phase him and he rolled right into his next statement. He wasn't looking at any file so I don't know who he thought I was. I wouldn't go back to him and a few months later his office called to say he would no longer see me bcuz my insurance changed to Medicare.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

Dr. Yu and his Staff are amazing. Truly. I suffer migraines and through his expertise and treatment I am able to get through my days with very little discomfort. Dr. Yu also treats my mom and he has turned her life around for the better. I would recommend him to anyone, anytime.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

There is no other doctor out there like Dr. Yu. He is brilliant, gifted and intuitive. He has to be one of the smartest doctors of all time yet he is humble, compassionate, sympathetic and has not been hardened the way so many doctors are today. He does not give up. I will always have a special place in my heart for Dr. Yu. He is an amazing man who has blessed my life with his gift of knowledge and healing

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Dr. Yu is so so much more then just a Dr. This man is truly gifted with his unique ability to understand the sick. He is professional,compassionate,brilliant,fun and funny. This dr can literally make the sick smile, I am so blessed he is a part of my life!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

Dr Yu only half listened to my husbands diagnosis. He kept saying neck pain but it was neck and should pain which radiated to his left arm. He ordered 2 MRIs, one for the brain and one for the neck. He didn't order anything for his shoulder because he ignored that part. Then during our follow up after all of MRIs, during the middle of our visit he took a phone call. I understand it was probably an important phone call but it's not like you are with us for more than 10 min.. it could have waited. You are not the only doctor with family matters, and I have never even seen a cell phone an another doctor little alone a ring, or answering it and talking on the phone for about 5 min during the appointment. Then he said everything is fine see you in a month. And we said well what's causing this, he said he didn't know. And I said that's why we came so we can find out what's causing it and fix it. And he said I did diagnosis him with neck pain. Any 4 yr old can figure out that if he has pain in his neck then he has neck pain... it's a SYMPTOM. He completely ignored everything else (ie should, arm numbness, etc). He said we should follow up with Mayo Clinic because they are the best. If he cared half as much about his patients as he does about his families medical issues then he would be a better doctor. But he didn't care about figuring out what was wrong. DONT GO HERE!! HE JUST CARES ABOUT MONEY NOT THE PT!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Without a doubt one of my favorite doctors! I have been seeing him for several years now and he knows what he is doing! My quality of life has tripled in the time I have been coming to see him! What I also like is the fact that I don't have to wait forever to see him and once I'm there he gets me in and out again! I don't need, nor do I want someone to hold my hand, so if that's what you are looking for maybe this isn't the place for you but for those of us who work and have a life I highly recommend Dr. Yu!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

With the exception of one (dark blonde), the staff is extremely rude, robotic, lacks follow through, constantly makes mistakes, acts like they are working at a McDonalds instead of a doctors office. Dr. Yu isn't a bad doctor but he is very fast, very confusing and seems to contradict himself often. If you are expecting to be treated as an individual, rather than a number, then he is not the one to see.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

I have been amazed at how knowledgeable Dr. Yu was. He is very kind and takes the time to answer any question you may have. I have chronic migraines. After trying several medications to get them under control, he suggested Botox injections. I was hesitant at first but they have been absolutely the best treatment I have ever tried. I was pleasantly surprised by him. I have had several neurologist over the past 20 years and this is the first time I have gotten relief.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

I felt that Dr. Yu was decently nice and seemed interested in finding what was wrong with me, rather than actually caring about my well being. I was around 17 years old at the time complaining of muscle weakness, night sweats, fatigue and I had a cyst on my pituitary. When I discussed how fatigued I always was he said 'If you're tired now wait until you're my age.' Several times basically implying that it can't really be that bad, and just wait how bad it will be when I get older. He ran thorough tests. But I had a very rare para-neoplastic antibody (strongly associated with cancer) that is extremely rare for someone my age and he said I was 'very unique' medically. I got a PET scan, when it showed nothing, he seemed to dismiss the whole thing, even besides the fact that it's very rare and said it was probably a lab mistake. Then when I said that my sister had Ovarian cancer at 16, he went back to thinking it was something I should be concerned about. Very unorganized staff as well.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

Dr. Kan Yu's Credentials

Secure Horizons

Updates

• A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I agree with the Aug 16, 2014 poster--"Dr. Yu isn't a bad doctor but he is very fast, very confusing and seems to contradict himself often." Dr. Yu seems very ..."

April 27, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Yu IS very nice and friendly and I went to Dr. Yu because I am Spinal Cord Injured and had been experiencing unexplained Autonomic Dysreflexia that was cont..."

April 1, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Yu and his Staff are amazing. Truly. I suffer migraines and through his expertise and treatment I am able to get through my days with very little discomfor..."

March 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " There is no other doctor out there like Dr. Yu. He is brilliant, gifted and intuitive. He has to be one of the smartest doctors of all time yet he is humble, ..."

October 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Yu is so so much more then just a Dr. This man is truly gifted with his unique ability to understand the sick. He is professional,compassionate,brillian..."

October 13, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Yu only half listened to my husbands diagnosis. He kept saying neck pain but it was neck and should pain which radiated to his left arm. He ordered 2 MRIs, o..."

June 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Without a doubt one of my favorite doctors! I have been seeing him for several years now and he knows what he is doing! My quality of life has tripled in the ..."

September 19, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=1212714'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.6

February 28, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=1212714'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.1

February 6, 2014