Ratings for Dr. Aubrey Uretsky

Seamless insertion of my Mirena IUD. Professional, courteous, informative, and precise. I've had my IUD for over a year now and I have no regrets! Thank you!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Nothing against the dr. But his receptionist is HORRIBLE! She is rude, and even though she was once a nurse she gives horrible and outdated advice. Know youre place, you work in reception, not a hospital.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Dr. Uretsky was wonderful throughout my pregnancy. I liked how easy going and professional he was. He had a way of putting your mind at ease about things without dismissing your concerns. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr. Uretsky was kind, professional, prompt, and went out of his way to make me feel relaxed.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

He is an amazing doctor! Very kind and knowledgable. Would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

I'm eighteen and I survived being viollently sexually assaulted two years prior. I was terrified, having PTSD induced flashbacks and panic attacks, but he made his office the most comfortable he could. I was in to get an IUD, because I've heard good things about them lightening periods, and I have horrible ones. He ran me though all other less-invasive options, to make sure I had an informed choice. He told me everything he was going to do before he did it, and made sure if I needed to, we could stop at anytime. I felt beyond safe, and after being attacked that not something that comes easy. I would go to Dr. A. Uresky anytime.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Amazing experience very comfortable and helpful will be back for all gyne related problems

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

I was referred to this doctor by my family physician in August, after finding fibroids at multiple ultrasounds and mainly because of my terrible pains I was going through during my menstrual cycle, which unfortunately gotten worse and worse in the past 2 years and medicenter doctors would do nothing about it. It was so bad that it got to the point where every 2-3 months I would end into ER. Most of the times not even Tylenol 3 would have helped me anymore and I would repetedly lose consciousness. (Finally I was suspected of endometriosis.) It just happened that my appointment with dr Uretsky to land on one of "those" days. When I got into the waiting room, all staff was very compasionate (probably because I was looking so horribly ill), paperwork was done very quicky and I was asked to step in even ahead of time. Actually, I would like to thank those nurses and the receptionists for basically carrying me into the room, since I was not even able to leave my chair or walk on my own because of pain. I am not too sure why people who wrote the other reviews were unhappy about this doctor's staff. They were really great to me... I guess it is a matter of luck.... So when the doctor showed up, I was lying on the bed, in pain and very concerned of my condition. (I know it sounds ignorant, but in 37 years, that was my very first visit to an OBGYN and it wasn't easy for me). I would like to tell you all that doctor Uretsky was amazing: very careful and gentle, very understanding, he explained step by step what he was going to do (physical exam and pap test looked absolutely terrifying to me at that point) and what course of treatment he could foresee in order to avoid another surgery (just had had appendix removed 2 months ago). I was put on some light hormonal treatment (which I never got to actually take because I got pregnant soon after). I am not too sure if what he recommended would've cured my health issue, but for now I am happy I escaped endometrium or/and ovary surgery, pains stopped and hopefully I will have a baby after almost 10 years of trying. I cannot rate this doctor's knowledge, but I can definitely give him and his staff a 5* for empathy, bedside manner and the way they talked to patients. I was extremely nervous and in terrible pain and all of them were very comforting all along. I will definitely go to this clinic again. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Hit and miss. I've been seeing Dr. Uretsky for infertility related issues and although I did like his 'less is more' approach at first, I find it is leaving me with a lack of information. After 6 years of trying I became unexpectedly pregnant (with no medical intervention) and did not enjoy the 'less is more' when it came to checking on how things were going with my pregnancy. When I miscarried the pregnancy, Dr. Uretsky was very compassionate, but afterwards, when trying to gain insight into why it happened, I just got the same old answers, "lots of women with fibriods have healthy pregnancies, lots of women get pregnanct over 35, lots of women have 3 miscarriages and go on to have healthy pregnancies" etc. This is not helpful when I am trying to figure out WHY I have infertility issues and cannot maintain a pregnancy. When asked about further testing I was told it is "too expensive" and the government only allows this testing after 3 miscarriages. Not sure I want to go through this again just to have the testing done. If you have complicated issues, it is a good idea to do some research before hand so you can go to your appointment armed with a list of questions, that is the only time when I felt he did take time to sit down and answer questions. He doesn't leave you much time to think on your feet. After my last appointment I felt like he was not interested in helping me unless I wanted to try getting pregnant again, which is a difficult choice to make 2 months after a loss.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

My whole experience with Dr. Uretsky was awful. His office staff were rude, and although he seemed personable on the rare occasion I saw him during a visit, during my delivery he seemed to not care at all. The resident doctor delivered my baby, while Dr. Uretsky visibly yawned and sat on a stool and didn't help the resident with anything! And she looked terrified, like it was her first day! I've had friends who have also gone to him, and one ended up with a horrible infection after her c-section and had to go back to the hospital! Do not go see him if you want a doctor who cares about you!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Dr. Aubrey Uretsky's Credentials

• University of Alberta (Grad. 2004)

Commercial Insurance Company