Ratings for Dr. Aubrey Uretsky

Hit and miss. I've been seeing Dr. Uretsky for infertility related issues and although I did like his 'less is more' approach at first, I find it is leaving me with a lack of information. After 6 years of trying I became unexpectedly pregnant (with no medical intervention) and did not enjoy the 'less is more' when it came to checking on how things were going with my pregnancy. When I miscarried the pregnancy, Dr. Uretsky was very compassionate, but afterwards, when trying to gain insight into why it happened, I just got the same old answers, "lots of women with fibriods have healthy pregnancies, lots of women get pregnanct over 35, lots of women have 3 miscarriages and go on to have healthy pregnancies" etc. This is not helpful when I am trying to figure out WHY I have infertility issues and cannot maintain a pregnancy. When asked about further testing I was told it is "too expensive" and the government only allows this testing after 3 miscarriages. Not sure I want to go through this again just to have the testing done. If you have complicated issues, it is a good idea to do some research before hand so you can go to your appointment armed with a list of questions, that is the only time when I felt he did take time to sit down and answer questions. He doesn't leave you much time to think on your feet. After my last appointment I felt like he was not interested in helping me unless I wanted to try getting pregnant again, which is a difficult choice to make 2 months after a loss.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

My whole experience with Dr. Uretsky was awful. His office staff were rude, and although he seemed personable on the rare occasion I saw him during a visit, during my delivery he seemed to not care at all. The resident doctor delivered my baby, while Dr. Uretsky visibly yawned and sat on a stool and didn't help the resident with anything! And she looked terrified, like it was her first day! I've had friends who have also gone to him, and one ended up with a horrible infection after her c-section and had to go back to the hospital! Do not go see him if you want a doctor who cares about you!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Dr. Uretsky is wonderful. Very informative, kind. Grateful for him. Unfortunately, his staff at one clinic are incompetent, unhelpful, and extremely rude....in an atmosphere where kindness, respect, professionalism, and compassion should be mandatory, they fall short.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

I found the doctor to be below average, Google searches gives better information than this doctor. Did not find this doctor to be caring. Staff are also below average. I made a mistake by coming to this office.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

i was referred bty a friend in the medical profession to see Dr. Uretsky. I have been seeing him now for about 3 months for infertility. He is a wonderful,caring and compassionate doctor that listens to your needs. I have only just completed the start of the infertility tests that i have to take but i'm so confident in his ability to assist me and my husband that i have been putting Red Deer and Calgary Fertility Clinic on hold to see what he can do for me. So far I've been pleased with everything hes done. Such a wonderful person! Finger's X's that he will be able to help me and my husband out in starting our family :)

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Dr uretsky is amazing!...very knowledgeable but most of all had my best interests in mind constantly.... He had no problem taking approaches that were easier on my body and always reassuring me that we take it slow and and continue forward..Awesome to be in the care of someone so professional and yet so human...explains everything so that i can understand and also he thinks outside the box by explaining to me other avenues if necessary if and when I'm ready.. So thankful that he continues my care!... Thanks doc!!!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Doctor himself is really knowledgeable. However, the clinic itself and some members of the staff-- really unempathetic, careless and rude. I feel like I have to be looking for a new OB just to avoid interactions with his staff. Too bad such a good doctor is loosing patients bacause of ignorant, lazy and not helpful members of the team.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I definitely DO NOT recommend this doctor, he was not able to answer my questions properly, got vague replies. I felt like I was talking to an inexperienced doctor.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

He is the most amazing doctor I met. He is very caring, friendly, knowledgable and more concern. I would recommend Dr.Uretsky to anyone. I feel safe with him.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Dr. Uretsky was not only very professional but kept the mood light during my planned C-section. ( my baby was breach so a VBAC was not permitted) I heeled up faster from this surgery then my last and was up and walking the next day! Super impressed with all the staff at his office and at the hospital. All in all it was a great birth experience!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

Dr. Aubrey Uretsky's Credentials

• University of Alberta (Grad. 2004)