Ratings for Dr. Jason P. Garcia

I'm writing this review after experiencing a 100% recovery from surgery by Dr. Jason Garcia to repair a torn rotator cuff tendon in my right shoulder. Dr. Garcia proved to be a caring and compassionate physician. I was pleased with the time he spent explaining details of my injury, the required treatment, and expectations for the recovery. If you’re in search of an orthopedic surgeon to address a shoulder injury, I can certainly recommend Dr. Jason Garcia!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

Dr. Jason Garcia performed a ACL resconstruction in my right knee in 2015 using ligament from a cadaver. A few months after the surgery I complained to Dr. Garcia about knee pain and looseness in the knee that was operated on. He didn't not order an MRI to be done and assured me hat everything looked and felt normal. It is now nearly two years since my operation and the pain and looseness has only gotten worse. Finally, I requested an MRI prescription which Dr. Garcia graciously granted. The MRI showed that a cyst developed on my tibia and hat revision surgery is necessary. Dr. Garcia quickly scheduled a one part surgery that would both remove the cyst and reconstruct (once again) the ACL. Because I no longer felt satisfied with Dr. Garcia, I sought out a second opinion where I found out that not only did I have a tibial cyst, my ACL had "disintegrated." Though I cannot directly blame Dr. Garcia for the failed surgery or cyst formation as these are possible effects and risks for any ACL reconstruction surgery, if Dr. Garcia paid a bit more attention to my earlier complaints perhaps I wouldn't have a three millimeter cyst in my knee.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Dr. Garcia performed surgery on my right rotator cuff twice, one year apart, due to no fault of his. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Garcia. He is knowledgeable, patient and has a great bedside manner. He followed up with me on his own after both surgeries. In a day when you can barely get to see your doctor when you have an appointment that is rare. I always felt well cared for and was confident that I would recover completely, which I have. I am able to throw again pain-free (I coach football) which is incredibly important to me. It does not matter how simple the medical problem is, Dr. Garcia gives everything the same attention and care. I saw this first hand when he also set/cared for a broken wrist that I had. If I have any orthopedic issue, I will not let anyone else touch me other than Dr. Garcia.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Dr, Jason Garcia peeformed rotator cuff surgery on me about months ago the surgery and my recovery is very successful. He is both knowledgeable and very professional and attentive to my concerns And issues.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Dr. Garcia performed surgery on my shoulder in February 2015 and the surgery was a major success! I recovered very quickly from the surgery and was able to raise my arm overhead in about a week. I have minimal scarring and no continuing shoulder issues. I've already recommended Dr. Garcia to a friend and that friend had Dr. Garcia operate on his meniscus with amazing results as well. Dr. Garcia is very understanding and clear and gives you a variety of options to try. Great doctor!!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

Dr. Garcia was amazing. I injured my knee with a torn miniscus in February of 2015. I have always been an active person through out my life with sports and lifting weights and with my career I have to be in good health. When this injury happen I was really scared. I was recommended Dr. Garcia by family and friends and I couldn't have asked for anyone better! 7 months after surgery and I feel just as strong as before I was injured! I would gladly recommend Dr. Garcia to any of my friends and family.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

Performed elbow surgery on me in January 2015 and I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015

I went to this doctor in may 2014 for a foot pain. He didn't perform any x ray but diagnosed me with plantar fasciitis. Was very eager to sell me orthotics from his office when I told him that i can't use them because of pain as I tried before. July went vacation in Europe and pain was severe affecting now my hip. Took an x ray in Europe and showed that to dr garcia who said is only some bone spurt on your heel and that's why plantar fasciitis is hurting more. Recommended physical therapy and orthotics which again I couldn't use due to pain. ( note that until now dr garcia never ordered any x rays or any other studies, just x ray that i brought from Europe )the tim we on november that my pain effected my walking badly and I decided to get a second opinion. Went to doctor berkman who said that has been a long time in pain and should have x ray and after that mri to find out I had a tumor at the heel of my foot that should be removed immediately. De garcia never listened to me or follow procedural of orders. To me he is a failure........

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Dr. Garcia (along with his partner Dr. Rizio), were both able to successfully re-attach & repair my torn biceps after another emergency room doctor at Hackensack Medical Center was unable to. I'm glad I did my research online first as I discovered Dr. Garcia specializes in tendinopathy so I knew I found the right doctor. Just wish I would have found him first so I wouldn't have had to endure two surgeries for the same injury.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

I went to Dr. Jason Garcia of Advanced Orthopedic & Joint Replacement Center (now part of Summit Medical Group) in 2014 with an acute knee injury incurred while doing sports. Dr. Garcia spent a great deal of time with me on my initial visit (more than any other doctor ever has) to explain normal knee function and likely causes of my limited ROM (with diagrams and a model of the joint). He is competent, smart, patient, funny, and has a great "bedside manner." After avoiding going to see an orthopedic doctor for years (minor chronic injuries preceded the major acute injury), I was glad to find him. He did arthroscopic surgery to restore normal knee function (based on the nature of my injury, surgery was my best option to do so). The only complaint I have is that he gave me verbal instructions post-op (while I was recovering from anesthesia) that were somewhat different than the printed instructions provided by the nurses (general knee arthroscopy recovery instructions), which led to minor confusion for me for few days after the surgery. I think this is only partly his fault - it's more on me (I normally take notes but for surgery all my belongings were put into a locker, and didn't have anyone with me while speaking with him) and the surgical center (the nurses' employer). But I cleared up this minor question in my follow-up visit with him and it didn't impact my recovery; I only included this detail because it may benefit someone and it provides for a balanced review. In my follow-up visits, he continues to be patient and helpful. His office staff is friendly and helpful. Now that he is part of SMG, after appointments, they send a follow-up email allowing you to ask questions - which I find particularly helpful (because even though I show up with a list of written questions, I inevitably forget something). The bottom line is this: I highly recommend Dr. Garcia; he's the best doctor I've ever had.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Dr. Jason P. Garcia's Credentials

• Spanish

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 2001)

Top Hospitals in West Orange, NJ