Anke Zimmermann, BSc, FCAH

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Anke Zimmermann, BSc, FCAH

Dr. Zimmerman has provided our family with expert guidance on the use of homeopathy and diet for treating vaccine injury and preventing illness. We are all the healthier and happier for it. She answers questions thoroughly and promptly, and guides us to appropriate resources and research. I'm very impressed with her professionalism as well as heart-centered approach.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2018

Dr Zimmermann's knowledge and remedies helped me have no pain after 'female' surgery - recover from trauma - stave off colds and flus quickly - calm my nerves related to stress. She is professional, the kindest, beyond caring, knowledgeable Doctor. She takes her time with you - so you can relay your concerns with ease and no pressure. Homeopathy has been around for many many years - all over the world. Her remedies work. I use her rescue kit all the time.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

I have nothing but amazing things to say about Dr. Anke Zimmerman. We have been seeing her (for my son) sensory disorder since the fall of 2017 and are having progressive results. Her understanding of Homeopathy is exceptional, and she goes above and beyond to help me understand the logic behind the symptoms and the relevence to the remedy. If I have a question, she answers it directly and efficiently. For anyone who does not understand what a Naturapath Doctor or what Homeopthy is, educate your self before you go. We have found the right fit for are family.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

My son developed vitiligo at age 3. The medical doctors told me to treat him with a cortisone cream as the only other suggestion was light therapy. Took him to see Dr. Zimmermann. With the help of a strict diet and homeopathy, within a year the vitiligo had almost completely gone. I will always be very grateful for her persistence and knowledge in treating him.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

Dr.Anke has helped my son get over his horrible long lasting , heartbreaking coughs and or croup! Within a day or two he’s better. He even gets fewer colds! Last time was 8 months ago!! She’s extremely knowledgeable and passionate about healing and helping through homeopathy. I’ve seen the stacks and stacks of scientific reports she carefully studies. She takes the time to listen and explain (!) and makes us feel Comfortable and understood. She’s helped me with long term emotional stress and any other ailments I had. She charges by time spent but is always fair and sometimes even includes a remedy in the consultation. I love Dr Anke and trust her fully. She’s very nice to my son as well and i highly recommend her to anybody in need.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

Unfortunately I was very disappointed.10 minutes into our consult ( with my nine year old daughter) who has anxiety ) dr Zimmermann suggested after ten minutes and asking my daughter a few questions ( which I told in advance she is shy at the start and will have trouble answering you until you get to know her) that my daughter needs more oxygen to the brain. And that she needs her teeth and jaw expanded to open up the airways. Lol this was in front of my daughter . She continued to say that she must not be getting enough sleep due to breathing out through her mouth at night and the therefore looks malnourished . I was in shock that it was so blunt and such an early diagnosis and came across so rudely. Well my daughter started to cry , and she actually wondered oh my what did I say??? I ended up leaving and taking her out of the office. I was just so hopeful and then so disappointed. My daughter who is sensitive already is now questioning that she won’t be able to breath and that something is wrong with her. She might be an amazing doctor for others but for us was a terrible experience and made my daughter feel worse , she is not meant to work directly with children , she is very Kurt and rude she should have diagnosed this in private never in front of my daughter. If you have a child that is sensitive please do not see this doctor she is not fit to deal with them .

Submitted April 4, 2018

Anke Zimmermann, BSc, FCAH

Anke Zimmermann, BSc, FCAH's response
This was indeed an unfortunate experience for all. I acknowledge that I may not have been as sensitive as I could have been in this situation, that being said, the mother gave me no indication of the extreme degree of sensitivity or anxiety this child had in advance. Nowhere on the intake form was this noted. If I had a child with such intense anxiety I would let the practitioner clearly know in advance. I stand by my diagnosis though, this girl in my opinion needed urgent orthdontic treatment to correct a severe malocclusion and narrowing of the airways. Most children also would not cry over a practitioner making a suggestion that orthodontic treatment would be needed, I have mentioned such treatment often over the years. In any case, I was very sorry to have upset the girl and the family and expressed this to the mother after the appointment repeatedly as well.

Submitted October 5, 2018

We came across the idea of homeopathy while researching possible treatments for a child with ADHD. We have been blown away by the changes in our son since beginning treatment with Dr. Z. Using her unique perspective, she was able to recognize patterns and connect behaviours that traditional practitioners did not. Her insight,compassion and knowledge enabled her to create a homeopathic treatment plan that has had incredible results. Our 5 year old has shown huge improvements in school, at home, and with his general happiness. We would highly recommend homeopathy and Dr. Zimmermann for anyone looking for insight into their child’s challenging behaviours.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

Dr. Zimmermann has helped me so much, it is hard to know where to start. She is a wise and compassionate communicator and always gives me the sense of being heard and understood. When pharmaceuticals failed me, she came up with the remedy that slowed my rapid heart rate. Dr. Zimmermann is a brilliant holistic healer. She has helped me emotionally, physically and spiritually. We're exceptionally lucky to have her in Victoria.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

My experience with Dr.Anke Zimmerann was amazing! I was in cancer treatment (radiation/chemo) with stage 3 rectal cancer and needed the integral medicine of that which she practices. She was gently warm and pleasant, confident, professional and quite thorough. I benefited greatly from her gently warm and compassionate care. It was certainly healing to me, body and spirit. Not to mention an interesting means of experiencing the healing powers of holistic medicine! My confidence in my body's ability to heal was greatly inspired by what Anke taught me with muscle testing and homeopathy, nutrition, ect. After a number of treatment sessions with Dr.Zimmermann, I was well on the mend! ( I am now cancer free ) I am grateful to know that Dr.Anke Zimmerman's talents are being used in a good way. If I had young children I would certainly trust her with caring for their naturopathic needs!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr. Zimmermann is amazing! Ive been seeing her for years for everything from rashes to emotional problems to physical injuries... shes such a good listener and so happy to help with everything i need! 110% recommend

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

Anke Zimmermann, BSc, FCAH's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Anke Zimmermann is a homeopath with a special interest in developmental and behavioural disorders, including autism, ADHD, learning disorders, anxiety, aggression, sleep disorders, night terrors and more. She practiced as a naturopathic doctor for 27 years and recently voluntarily withdrew her license. She continues her work as a homeopath.

• English
  • German

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1987)
  • Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (Grad. 1991)

• Autism spectrum disorder
  • Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children
  • Separation anxiety
  • Social anxiety disorder (social phobia)
  • Dyslexia
  • Sleep terrors (night terrors)
  • Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
  • Panic attacks and panic disorder
  • Sleepwalking
  • Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD)

• In Celebration of Women Naturopathic Achievement Award (York Region community contribution)
  • Dr. John Bastyr Award for Excellence in Botanical Medicine