Ratings for Dr. Neena Sood

Worst doctor I've ever seen by far. No bedside manner. Agree with previous comments. Used to "Google" stuff to find out what it was instead of using her actual knowledge which tells me she probably didn't have much knowledge. If you asked about more than one thing she would charge you a double fee EVEN IF it still only took 15 minutes for both items. All this woman cares about people is money money money. She even prescribed my daughter the wrong medication. My mother who was the practisce nurse there at the time said no it's this one for children but the doctor brushed her off. When we arrived at the chemist they told us we can't use the one the doctor prescribed.. it was the one my mother said it was! I know she's only doing skin checks now but in all honesty I wouldn't trust her opinion. Go somewhere else. If I could give 0 stars I would. There is nothing positive about this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Went to this doctor years ago for a skin check. She made personal comments while i was standing naked in front of her- i.e she couldn't fit one of her thighs into my skirt. I think comments like that from doctors are unwise. Any comments which are not medically revelant when a patient is naked should be avoided. I found her to be rather strange.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2015

Worst doctor in Canberra. Go anywhere but her, she has appalling manner and missed diagnosis.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2014

I am the third member of my family to see Dr Sood with skin related issues. We went to her as it was quicker than waiting months to see a dermatologist and we felt that our issues were probably minor. It must be stressed that Dr Sood has an interest in skin problems and is not a specialist, regardless we were all satisfied with her knowledge and happy with the treatments and found her most pleasant to talk to. In fact, my own GP had misdiagnosed my problem and it was Dr Sood who put me on the right treatment ensuring I understood that it would take a few months before I saw results. She showed me pictures on the computer and gave me printed matter to take home and read - I found this most helpful. My initial appointment cost $100 (before Medicare rebate).

flag | Submitted October 26, 2013

flag | Submitted January 14, 2012

Dr Sood is the worse doctor I have ever been to. I presented to her several times over a few months with excrutiating tummy pain, nausea and bleeding, which she totally dismissed. Eventually the pain became unbearable and I presented to Emergency where a apendectomy was performed resulting in me being diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. During the course of approximately 12 months I was in and out of hospital while my specialist tried to get me into remission, as my disease was quite bad as I had not been diagnosed earlier. At one time I presented back to Dr Sood requesting pain medication for my Crohn's, when she advised I should see a psychologist for pain management. A week later I was in the ICU for sepsis caused from a bowel perforation. Turns out Dr Sood wasn't even checking my weekly blood results, which would have shown my extremely elevated inflammatory markers. I will never forgive her for her negligence. She shouldn't be a doctor.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

Advertised as an accredited skin specialists and googled rashes and diagnosed me with the most similar looking and put me on 3 months worth of antibiotics - Not the service you expect for shelling out $200! do not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

I pay $65 for a standard consult. I pay $120 for a full skin check. I have had a skin cancer surgically removed and it cost $200 but I did get $140 back from medicare. I was also given a report from pathology telling me that I had a BCC and it had been completely removed.The $200 also included my return to have the stitches out and also have my result explained.I was very happy with the surgery and follow up visit.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

Sood enrolled me as her patient, but soon after,I was advised that she was now only conducting skin screenings and treatment,with appointments costing $180. She would however,remain in the same location. I had previously asked her to check a suspicous growth that I had,during a regular consult. She refused to undertake an examination of me,advising that I had to pay $180 to receive a full body skin screen. I could not afford that amount, and therefore asked her to examine me briefly within the time of a normal appointment,as I was anxious about the growth - but she refused. After I was 'dumped', she referred me to her colleague in the same practice, who was also very disappointing, refusing to prescribe important medication required after a serious operation. Her bedside manner was apalling also, so I bode her 'good riddance', in search of one interested in people's health and wellbeing, as well as money!!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2010

Sometimes she will listen to you and discuss things with you and some other times she will just brush you off as if your concerns don't matter. You can't discuss more than one concern unless you pay extra for a "long" appointment. Friendly receptionist, easy to get appointment.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2010