Ratings for Dr. David J. Paterson

The whiners and complainers you read about are likely the patients Dr. Paterson is thrilled to be rid of. This Doc is simply the best. Great assessment and diagnostic skills. Excellent listener. Great communication. Caring and compassionate. Top 5 in Windsor and Essex counties.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

Went in with a splinter that was in a location I could not reach. He told me I had to come back at the end of the week when he has access to a room with better lighting.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

Was once my family Dr. But has seemed to lost his way over the years. Seems to be more interested in how he is perceived by the medical community than what is the best course of action in treating his Patients. Really needs to get in touch with what he learned some time ago in college. That is to try and provide the best medical care for his Patient. Unfortunately, this is no longer the case. I am now with another Family Physician and all I can say is "Wow". I been robbed of 8 years of a somewhat decent mobile way of life. I sure wished I knew sooner that their are Physicians out there still that actually care about You and trully listen to what You have to say when You are in that little room. Believe me they all don't do that and I've learned a costly lesson. I will never get the time back I feel I have lost to incompetency.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

This was my family doctor since I was a child. In the recent past when I thought I had a serious problem I went straight to Dr. Paterson, I told him what was happening with my heart, and how this issue had been persisting for quite some time. But he just told me it was stress and I should cut out drinking coffee and other caffeine intake. Needless to say, all it would have taken was for him to send me to see a specialist (cardiologist) and/or be put on a heart monitor for a week or so. End result, now two years later, I'm now a 25 year old male, who suffered cardiac arrest at age 22, spent 6 months in the hospital (1 of which i was in a induced coma)and will never regain my full eye sight again (peripheral vision) as well as my balance (equilibrium) which was affected due to a hypoxic brain injury (secondary to my cardiac arrest).Please Be Aware, please don't be afraid to ask for a second opinion if its a problem that is persisting. Also a prescription is not always cure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2013

I love Dr. Paterson he has been my family dr for 27 years and now he is my sons doctor. I like that you can ask him anything and he will be honest. My son has severe ezcema and i believe it is related to a milk allergy. He had no problem referring us to someone for more testing. Keep up the great work!!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

I have been a patient for Dr. Paterson for 30 years and nothing bad to say about him. Knowledgeable and pleasant.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2011

always pleasant and easy to talk to.A GOOD LISTENER

flag | Submitted September 2, 2010

The best! My husband has been a patient for 16 years. Dr. P has pulled him through some very serious health problems. He always takes the time to listen and never hesitates to make referrals when necessary. He leaves no stone unturned. We have found him and his staff, pleasant to deal with. He is very knowledgeable, caring and understanding. We are fortunate to have such a competent professional for our family doctor. He is the best!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2010