Ratings for Dr. Allan Alfred Eckhaus

Dr. Eckhaus and his wonderful staff make you feel at ease from the moment you arrive (they can indeed be a little late as he is helping so many people). I had breast augmentation surgery as well as excess skin removed from the bridge of my nose. Within about 3 weeks, my nose was almost completely healed. The breast surgery went exactly as he had indicated and it's now been a few months and I am ecstatic with the results. I feel much more confident, my clothes look better and my bathing suit looks great. The first few days after the surgery were the worst as far as pain goes (as he indicated they would be) but after that it was just a matter of healing time. The most impressive thing of all was when I was there for a checkup after the surgery, I asked him about 'fillers' for lines on my face. He said they were expensive and you needed a lot of them to really show a difference. He recommended a wait a couple of years and he'll look at me then - imagine a plastic surgeon discouraging someone from spending their money on what he considered to be unnecessary at this time!! Simply amazing. If I need any type of surgery in the future, I can only hope that Dr. Eckhaus and his great staff will be available to take care of me again.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

I went to Doctor Eckhaus on a referral from my family doctor for a Breast Reduction. The Doctor was very nice and informative once i finally got an appointment but the reason I chose to seek another doctor is his staff. I waited 3 months after my doctor said he faxed a referral to them. I called to follow up and I got, oh ya i was going to call you but haven't got around to it. Once I was done seeing the doctor some younger guy sits me down in a room and any question i asked about anything he couldn't answer. He told me he would get back to me and never did. 6 months later I got another referral to a different doctor by my family doctor. I can't comment on any of the doctors work as I didn't go with him, but the staff left me seeking somewhere else to go.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

We saw Dr. Eckhaus a few years ago to have a mole removed from my Daughters nose and we both felt very comfortable with him and he did a great job. He helped her really feel at ease and took his time explaining things. We went back recently as my daughter broke her nose and he again took his time and explained everything with no pressure as to what to do. His office does tend to go over appointment times and we've waited up to half hour past our appointment time but once inside you can see why its worth it. He has excellent bedside manner takes his time explaining everything and you are not rushed. Staff is friendly and helpful overall just a great experience. We would not hesitate to recommend this Doctor!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Waited an hour and a half past my scheduled appointment. All the While listening to the female desk clerk talk to other other waiting female patients about hysterectomy, vaginal issues etc. When I was finally asked to wait in the room, there were bloody bandages on the floor. The office decor looks nice though. Honestly, put my experience aside and do your homework before you visit this clown.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

I brought my 17 year old daughter to speak to Dr. Eckhaus about having a breast reduction. She had been wanting to have it done for 2 years but I really thought she was too young and still growing. I have never been so impressed with a doctor. He had a long frank conversation with her about every aspect of why she felt she needed/wanted it done, they talked about how it affected her in school and he assured her that life outside of highschool is completely different. He explained the different ways people can scar, from very clean to something she may hate more than what she has now. She decided to wait until she is 21 to have the surgery done and Dr. Eckhaus told her that she could come back any time she wanted to discuss it further or ask questions. I am very glad we were referred to him, my daughter thinks the world of him. I would recommend him especially for dealing with teenagers, he seems to be able to get through to them in a way that they really respect. If and whenever she decides to do the surgery, we will definitely be going to him.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

After losing 265lbs, I needed extensive reconstructive surgery. After doing some research I decided to have a consultation with Dr. Eckhaus. After meeting him I knew he was my guy. He was attentive to my needs and concerns. He made sure I had realistic expectations and continually asked if I understood or had questions. Between September 2015-February 2016 I had a body lift, arm lift, thigh lift, breast lift, back lift, and face lift. The final appointments before each surgery Dr. Eckhaus would go through the procedure again making sure I was clear and giving me another opportunity to ask questions. He does the same the day of surgery. Dr. Eckhaus made me feel sake. I was never nervous. My results have been life changing. I have a body I never dared to dream of. The whole experience from consultation to after care has exceeded my expectations. I cannot thank Dr. Eckhaus and his team enough.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I went in for a relatively simple procedure (cyst removal), but I found Dr. Eckhaus to be very thorough. He properly addressed all the questions I had and gave his recommendation without any pressure to proceed. After explaining the possible consequences and informing me about the cost, I went with my gut instinct and gave him the green light. During the procedure, he took the time to explain every step of the process, which consequently put my mind at ease. As for the results, he did a very neat job. It has been over two weeks and the scar is barely visible. My instincts rarely serves me wrong and this occasion was no exception.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

I had a rhinoplasty done last year..... my nasal bridge is not smooth.. its bumpy.. and after i expressed my concern of this with him i felt like he brushed it off and i should just learn to accept it. i was feeling great right until the swelling was pretty much gone. I should feel happy ONCE the swelling is gone.. he said it could be the stitches that was making it feel like there was a little bump but it cant be.. not after this long.. my nose is much better than what is was before, but for all that money i saved to pay for it, my results should of been better, much better, and i know there is no such thing as a perfect nose.. but there shouldn't be a bump.. i'm disappointed..

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

I always thought a doctor must have a patients consent to speak with another doctor. How can any doctor give his/her opinion without even seeing the patient? Takes your money then don't waste his time if you have a problem.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Went to him a few years ago as I was having problems with textured implants another guy had put in. First surgeon told me the pocket on my right side was too tight and discussed enlarging the pocket. He seemed really nice and willing to help me, even got me a quick OR date. He put smooth round above the muscle and it did relieve the god awful burning sensation caused by the textured ones. However, still having pain on the right side. After numerous visits he told me I was to never come to his office to discuss this again. He then refused to do my planned abdominal surgery. First guy screwed that up too. Two years later I find out these implants that are the same width found their way into the pocket under the muscle. The same width implant in the same pocket that was too small the first time. Thank you Dr. Eckhaus for not figuring it out and causing me pain for 2 years. Also, the guy who fixed this put textured back in and they are under the muscle also. Thank you Dr. Eckhaus for speaking to him without my consent and telling him I was a problem patient and this cannot be fixed without ever examining me. Now he will do nothing for me and I am out a fortune and right back to square one. Guess you don't know it all as you could not figure out these were under the muscle and I had a valid complaint.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015