Ratings for Dr. Allan Alfred Eckhaus

Best doctor EVER. Knowledgeable, personable, on time appointments. Just all round nice guy

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Best doctor! I have seen him for breast reconstruction after my first implants from a previous doctor were calcified. He repaired a terrible hernia scar and it is now flat and seamless. I have also used him for fat grafting on my breast as I have minimal tissue. Always professional, communicates well and has a fun, dynamic attitude that is friendly and engaging.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

Hi i am a 46 year old mother of three. I had the mommy make over and Dr. Eckhaus went far beyond what his expectations were. He like most doctors can't turn a 2 into a 10. I read all the reviews and it seems patients seem to think that money can turn them into model material. My wife worked out in the GYM for three years and lost 46 pounds on her own and never gained a pound of fat back. She felt she could look better. I was thrilled with the way she looked, but i also realized that she wanted the surgery. Well it was the best $16,000 i have ever spent. She now has more confidence and she looks great! The only draw back was no one warned me about how much a complete new wardrobe would cost. LOL. We went to see three other surgeons in Toronto about the same price. Two of them spent no more than 10 minutes and said she needed a full tummy tuck. Dr. Eckhaus said she could get 90% results with a mini tummy tuck. It has been 6 months since the surgery and the results are amazing. She went in for a mini tattoo and now you can't even see the scar. She looks amazing naked too! He made no promises and her breast surgery gave him a challenge but he did not give up and spent twice as long with my wife than it was suppose to take. I am not rich but having her surgery done at the private hospital was worth the extra. They treated her like it was their own family member that was being operated on. Thank you Dr. Eckhaus and Carolyn Nation for working with us through the whole procedure. PS don't be discouraged by a couple of bad reviews. If a review has nothing but insults and nothing positive it is not a true review and should be taken by looking at where it is coming from.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Once I finally got in to see him , he gave me all his attention, didn'the rush and seemed to care. The work he did was successful.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

I am proud to say that I had the privilege of having Dr. Eckhaus perform my Breast Augmentation surgery. I am a mother of two young children and after pregnancy and breast feeding of both children I was not happy with the appearance of my breasts. I met with Dr. Eckhaus, whom was very thorough, kind and patient. He took his time going over the entire procedure and was happy to answer any and all of my questions. He guided me through the whole procedure as well as through each and every follow-up appointment. I am incredibly lucky and happy to have gone through this experience and could not have picked a better surgeon. I would encourage anyone seeking out a plastic surgeon to meet Dr. Eckhaus. You will not be disappointed.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

He is horrible and rude. went to him for breast reconstruction after breast cancer and he told me I was too fat to have surgery and needed to lose weight and then sent me to another plastic surgeon.

Submitted January 9, 2017

At first eckhaus comes across as a ring and compassionate. That may be the first impression. Then he shows that he's arrogant, condescending, and will not answer questions that he feels are not important. Doesn't listen to patents. And if there's not a suitable payout at the end, will do anything to to perform his job. He's passed the buck and told me point blank. I'm ending this conversation. All because I asked hI'm politely what the plan was if my wife's condition didn't resolve itself or worsened. Not the confidence building response I expected from a surgeon. Also he will make sure to tell you that he's the one with the degrees!!! Well numbnuts I have a Ba and a PHD and have never been that lacking in compassion or empathy to anyone, let alone someone who is seriously I'll. STAY AWAY FROM THIS JERK.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2016

I found Dr. Allan Eckhous and his staff all to be very knowledgeable, helpful and most importantly caring. They all had my well being as their #1 priority. It never felt like it was just a business to them. Dr. Eckhous is more concerned about his patients happiness with the outcome . I was extremely pleased with my breast implants and liposuction procedure. Scaring was minimal :-)

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Dr. Eckhaus and his wonderful staff make you feel at ease from the moment you arrive (they can indeed be a little late as he is helping so many people). I had breast augmentation surgery as well as excess skin removed from the bridge of my nose. Within about 3 weeks, my nose was almost completely healed. The breast surgery went exactly as he had indicated and it's now been a few months and I am ecstatic with the results. I feel much more confident, my clothes look better and my bathing suit looks great. The first few days after the surgery were the worst as far as pain goes (as he indicated they would be) but after that it was just a matter of healing time. The most impressive thing of all was when I was there for a checkup after the surgery, I asked him about 'fillers' for lines on my face. He said they were expensive and you needed a lot of them to really show a difference. He recommended a wait a couple of years and he'll look at me then - imagine a plastic surgeon discouraging someone from spending their money on what he considered to be unnecessary at this time!! Simply amazing. If I need any type of surgery in the future, I can only hope that Dr. Eckhaus and his great staff will be available to take care of me again.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

I went to Doctor Eckhaus on a referral from my family doctor for a Breast Reduction. The Doctor was very nice and informative once i finally got an appointment but the reason I chose to seek another doctor is his staff. I waited 3 months after my doctor said he faxed a referral to them. I called to follow up and I got, oh ya i was going to call you but haven't got around to it. Once I was done seeing the doctor some younger guy sits me down in a room and any question i asked about anything he couldn't answer. He told me he would get back to me and never did. 6 months later I got another referral to a different doctor by my family doctor. I can't comment on any of the doctors work as I didn't go with him, but the staff left me seeking somewhere else to go.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016