Ratings for Dr. Irwin Pencer

Dr. Pencer tells you what you want to hear and stated he can treat most patients in 4-6 sessions. I was suffering from a very serious issue and had no idea that I could be taught coping skills. I needed education and information to help resolve my fear of medication and I needed someone to explain what was happening to me. He kept telling me I was fine and I believed him. I was far from fine and was so sick I didn't have awareness or insight into how sick I was. I ended up hospitalized, where I got referred and finally got the diagnosis and help I needed. He did not read me accurately at all.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

I don't care for his methods. He spent 2 hours with a teenager and advised her to move out of her family home even though there was no form of any kind of abuse. The teenage was testing limits and boundaries and moving out was his solution. Seems a bit short sighted to me. He never even met the parents to get thier view of things when he advised this young woman what to do. Not the kind of "dr" I want to see.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010