Ratings for Dr. Peter Kapsimalis

Very easy, The office staff got me in when I called in Pain, great office!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Root canal performed on a Friday. Increasing pain by day #3 prompted me to call office. Doctor started me on antibiotics. Did not ask me to come in. Two days later, with pain worsening, I called the office and his secretary told me the doctor would call back. She also told me of his limited office hours that week. An hour later, when the doctor had not called back, I called again.When the doctor finally called me back I asked him if he wanted to see me and he said no. Two days later, with pain worsening, I called my oral surgeon who told me I could come right over. It's over a month and I feel worse than before Dr. Kapsimalis treated me. Knowing I wasn't doing well 5 days after his surgery, he still never called back to ask how I was doing. He may or may not be proficient in technical skills (I feel worse than before his surgery,) but if he cares about his patients he did not create that impression by his actions. It appears other reviewers on this site had a similar experience.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

great doctor. perfect and painless root canal. does his job.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2013

I visited Dr. Kapsilmalis only once -- for a root canal -- The office was clean and his equipment was modern; he clearly explained everything he was doing and took great care to ensure I was comfortable. When my local dentist saw my x-rays afterward, he said it was the best root canal he's ever seen. (Seriously!) If you need a root canal, go here.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2013

Great, I never had this type of procedure before, the Doctor was very helpful and put me at ease, I will go back if I need this type of treatment again.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Kapsimalis for oner 10 years, he has done all my root canal work

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

Had to have a nasty root canal re-done because it wasn't done correctly the 1st time. Cost me 2x the money, and 2x the pain & inconvenience.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2013

Dr. Kapsimalis wasn't very responsive at my last visit for a root canal. For example, after my dentist suggested that I "may" need a root canal, I went to see Dr. Kapsimalis (an endodontist) and I asked him whether I did, in fact, need one. He said, well your dentist told you that you did. I said, Well, not exactly.....my dentist told me that I "may" need one. He never answered the question whether I needed a root canal. Also, I asked him if the fact that my existing cap had fallen off caused a need for the root canal or else would the tooth have needed one in any event. He asked, What do YOU think? I thought, Huh? These are just 3 examples off the top of my head as to how unresponsive I found this doctor to my questions. I would not recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012

I regret not filing a formal complaint against this doctor. I believe he took advantage of my trust and performed a root canal on the wrong tooth so he could charge me for that rather than fixing the problem in another tooth that he had already worked on. Since he was fixing his own shoddy work, he couldn't charge for that. He had to find a "new" problem. Further he claimed he was no longer a participant in my insurance plan.I believed him and I wrote him a very large check. It turns out that this was a brazen lie. On a follow up visit weeks later, I saw checks from Delta Dental sitting on the desk. I called the insurance company and they informed me that Kapsimalis was in a participant in the plan. They told me that he had charged me 3 times the going rate. They intervened and I got most of my money back, but not all.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2012

When I had experienced pain after a procedure by Dr. Kapsimalis, he seemed agitated and rushed when I called. In assessing the situation, he provided limited assistance and asked that I come back when the office was open again. This was not helpful, considering the pain I was in. I do not recommend seeing Dr. Kapsomalis, especially in acute situations.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011