Ratings for Dr. Burton Knight

I visited Dr Knight today after leaving work early. My doc referred me as I have hypothyroidism and thought he could offer me additional support as it relates to my significant weight gain and low energy which is a contributor from the hypo thyroid. His resident staff dr Mao I believe was lovely she took her time and gathered my years of history in a clean snapshot. When dr knight came in he seemed nice initially asking about how I was, the weather etc. Once the resident began explaining my story dr knight was completely unengaged, could barely keep his eyes open. After ALL of that this "Dr" provided zero insight, expertise, solutions, potential solutions. He basically told me there's nothing he can do that my family doc isn't doing and that I should just watch my diet. Even if that's true, this was the worst experience I've had in a doctors office. It is a scary thought to think how many ppl have seen him and took his word for it before seeking a second opinion. Total waste of time and money. Great job to his resident Doctor, I hope she is successful even under his "leadership".

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Knight by my family doctor. I have very low estrogen and I am pretty young. My family doctor told me it has to do with my pituitary gland and told me Dr.Knight could help me. When I went to my appointment his office was empty (not a good sign). When I was told to take a seat in his office we spoke briefly about why I was there as well as family history. He then took me into another room where he took my weight, height and checked my eyes. At the end of this he told me that nothing is wrong and I "seem" healthy. He said it is because of my birth control. I know for a fact that is not the case . I have done a lot of research and I know my body. I know what I am feeling is not right. He did not seem sure of himself and he kept stammering and I had no trust in what he was saying. I took off half a day of work and went in traffic to see him and was so disappointed. I was hoping I would finally have an answer. I am now going to have to do my own research of a good doctor to go to. I do not recommend this doctor at all. He did not care about my issue and he just wanted me out.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I met with Dr Burton for the first time this week. I found him to be very professional and knowledgeable. He took his time assessing my situation and then made sure that I too understood my condition. I found him to be extremely personable and wouldn't hesitate to return to see him (which I was invited to do) should my medical situation require it. As a footnote, his secretary was charming and we enjoyed a nice conversation regarding the Maple Leafs.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

This doctor doesn't clearly explain the health problems and treatments to you. He didn't order the necessary tests to diagnose my problem; very superficial and terrible unhelpful. He cannot be trusted.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

I saw Dr. Knight after my family doctor said I was overreacting for 20 years, half of my life. Dr. Knight believed me something wasn't right, he surmised I had celiac within minutes - he listened and made sure I had follow up biopsies etc. I am grateful that he listened and had the knowledge to give me my health!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2014

This doctor is mild mannered but doesn't really care about your condition. He never asked me anything about my blood sugars or anything else. The secretary is an idiot who doesn't remember anything. It was a disaster going to this office.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Secretary is an idiot. Can't hear her ,doesn't return calls. Messes up appointments She has no clue at all what she is doing. I'm leaving this doctor based on his unprofessional staff

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

When I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes 12 years ago, my family doctor refereed me to Dr. Knight. I attended an education class that my family doctor set up and they got me going with needles. After seeing Dr. Knight every 6 months for 2 years my A1c was as high as 12 and the best ever was 10. Dr. Knight was not concerned with this so neither was I. After disclosing my A1c to a friend who works as a dietitian educator specializing with diabetes she told me to change doctors as this A1c would ultimately kill me. The first thing that the new endocrinologist did was get me on a pump. My A1c over the last 10 years of being on a pump has been in the 6.5 to 6.9 range, consistently. Drop this doctor asap and get with someone who is more progressive, recommends insulin pumps, pushes you to get your eyes checked, is concerned about patient well being and has an education team (dietitian and nurses).

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Dr. Knight has been seeing me for type 1 diabetes since I move to Toronto from Newmarket 1998. He is a very good Doctor. He is patient, attentive and has a very good bedside manner. When I was diagnosed with graves disease, he took personal care. He followed up with phone calls and kept adjusting my medication to ensure the best result. I can always call his office and get any emergency appointment to see him. Those are appointment s that I should be receiving from my family doctor, but I can never get a soon enough appointment. So I call doctor Knights office and I get to see him I have no complaints about him or his staff.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

Went to see Dr. Knight over a month ago because of a lump on my thyroid. A rather large lump. After a not-very-helpful-at-all appointment, he said he wanted me to have another ultrasound and then another one after that where they'd do the biopsy. I asked if I should call their office to schedule the appointment, and he said that they would take care of it and call me. It's been over a month and I haven't heard anything. I understand that 95% of these lumps are not cancerous, but that means that 5% of them are - and I have a history of cancer in my family. Might not be high on Dr. Knight's priority list, but it sure is high on mine! I've asked my family doctor to refer me to someone else.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014