Ratings for Dr. Burton Knight

He spent probably 5 minutes with me, and the appointment was totally useless. I've learned much more reading about endocrine problems in medical journals. He didn't seem to care much about my symptoms, and I would describe his attitude as dismissive and condescending. Also, he scratched his b*lls...you'd think he'd wait until *after* the 5 minutes he spent with me to do that. I really did not need to see that! I left the appointment demoralized, without answers, and a bit disgusted frankly.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

The first time I met with Dr. Knight, he was incredibly friendly and willing to answer questions about my diagnosis of papillary cancer. However, my follow up appointment with him post surgery was a lot less friendly. In fact, with all the questions I had, he seemed annoyed (though he did answer them), which made me feel really uncomfortable with voicing my concerns. I hope that he was just having a bad day this time...

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

I visited Dr Knight today after leaving work early. My doc referred me as I have hypothyroidism and thought he could offer me additional support as it relates to my significant weight gain and low energy which is a contributor from the hypo thyroid. His resident staff dr Mao I believe was lovely she took her time and gathered my years of history in a clean snapshot. When dr knight came in he seemed nice initially asking about how I was, the weather etc. Once the resident began explaining my story dr knight was completely unengaged, could barely keep his eyes open. After ALL of that this "Dr" provided zero insight, expertise, solutions, potential solutions. He basically told me there's nothing he can do that my family doc isn't doing and that I should just watch my diet. Even if that's true, this was the worst experience I've had in a doctors office. It is a scary thought to think how many ppl have seen him and took his word for it before seeking a second opinion. Total waste of time and money. Great job to his resident Doctor, I hope she is successful even under his "leadership".

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Knight by my family doctor. I have very low estrogen and I am pretty young. My family doctor told me it has to do with my pituitary gland and told me Dr.Knight could help me. When I went to my appointment his office was empty (not a good sign). When I was told to take a seat in his office we spoke briefly about why I was there as well as family history. He then took me into another room where he took my weight, height and checked my eyes. At the end of this he told me that nothing is wrong and I "seem" healthy. He said it is because of my birth control. I know for a fact that is not the case . I have done a lot of research and I know my body. I know what I am feeling is not right. He did not seem sure of himself and he kept stammering and I had no trust in what he was saying. I took off half a day of work and went in traffic to see him and was so disappointed. I was hoping I would finally have an answer. I am now going to have to do my own research of a good doctor to go to. I do not recommend this doctor at all. He did not care about my issue and he just wanted me out.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I met with Dr Burton for the first time this week. I found him to be very professional and knowledgeable. He took his time assessing my situation and then made sure that I too understood my condition. I found him to be extremely personable and wouldn't hesitate to return to see him (which I was invited to do) should my medical situation require it. As a footnote, his secretary was charming and we enjoyed a nice conversation regarding the Maple Leafs.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

This doctor doesn't clearly explain the health problems and treatments to you. He didn't order the necessary tests to diagnose my problem; very superficial and terrible unhelpful. He cannot be trusted.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

I saw Dr. Knight after my family doctor said I was overreacting for 20 years, half of my life. Dr. Knight believed me something wasn't right, he surmised I had celiac within minutes - he listened and made sure I had follow up biopsies etc. I am grateful that he listened and had the knowledge to give me my health!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2014

This doctor is mild mannered but doesn't really care about your condition. He never asked me anything about my blood sugars or anything else. The secretary is an idiot who doesn't remember anything. It was a disaster going to this office.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Secretary is an idiot. Can't hear her ,doesn't return calls. Messes up appointments She has no clue at all what she is doing. I'm leaving this doctor based on his unprofessional staff

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

When I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes 12 years ago, my family doctor refereed me to Dr. Knight. I attended an education class that my family doctor set up and they got me going with needles. After seeing Dr. Knight every 6 months for 2 years my A1c was as high as 12 and the best ever was 10. Dr. Knight was not concerned with this so neither was I. After disclosing my A1c to a friend who works as a dietitian educator specializing with diabetes she told me to change doctors as this A1c would ultimately kill me. The first thing that the new endocrinologist did was get me on a pump. My A1c over the last 10 years of being on a pump has been in the 6.5 to 6.9 range, consistently. Drop this doctor asap and get with someone who is more progressive, recommends insulin pumps, pushes you to get your eyes checked, is concerned about patient well being and has an education team (dietitian and nurses).

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014