Ratings for Dr. M Joseph Elieson

Saw him at Grapevine Hosp. He saved my life. Would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

I would recommend that anyone who values their own or their loved one's health find another surgeon. I would recommend that anyone who values their own or their loved one's health find another surgeon. I would recommend that anyone who values their own or their loved one's health find another surgeon. I would recommend that anyone who values their own or their loved one's health find another surgeon. I would recommend that anyone who values their own or their loved one's health find another surgeon. I would recommend that anyone who values their own or their loved one's health find another surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

My mother was admitted to the hospital on Saturday with dx of paraesophageal hernia. On Wednesday, after she had had only clear liquids since Saturday in preparation for surgery, Dr. E finally came to see her. We were told she had "slipped through the cracks". Basically she had been forgotten about. He told us he did have plans that evening but would change them if we wanted to go ahead with the surgery. Of course we wanted to have the surgery done as soon as possible so we said yes, please proceed. After surgery my mother was back in the hospital within a week with complications. And then again after the second hospitalization. After the third hospitalization she was able to stay home for about two months before the final complication that ended her life. Her stomach completely strangulated and became necrotic as a direct result of the initial surgery Dr. E. performed. I would recommend that anyone who values their own or their loved one's health find another surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2014

Had hernia surgery, when speaking to Dr. Elieson's nurse after leaving a message at 9am never got a call back all day so I called at 2pm and all she did was complain that she was the only nurse for 6 doctors and that in order to get some medication I would have to call my pharmacy, she never asked what the problem was only that she was busy and I felt she couldn't be bothered to help out a post operative patient. I ended up going to my primary care physician for my follow up for this particular problem. It will be interesting to see what my post operative visit with Dr Elieson is like, he was very informative and considerate with my presurgery visit as well as on the day of surgery. I do feel that if there is only one nurse for 6 doctors that patient care could be comprimised with not getting help that is needed.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2012

Dr E placed a med port for me, which is used to deliver IV chemotherapy. I knew from day one that there was something wrong. I had had 2 previous ports and this one just did not feel "right" and it would not give a blood return - ever. Long story short, I called Dr E's office 3 times about this and he would not speak to me, nor did he return any of my calls. When I developed pain and swelling in my neck, and chemo treatments became painful, my oncologist's PA ordered an ultrasound (Dr E had left the office and would not be back until Monday, and the nurse would not call him). They found a blood clot. I had to go on very strong blood-thinning shots and meds. My oncologist (finally) decided to order a dye study and the port was so obviously misplaced, the Radiologist wouldn't even do the test. He just said, "This has to come out - immediately." I do not expect a doctor to be perfect, or never make a mistake, but it is unforgivable not to return a patient's calls.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

Dr Elieson is awesome. Great surgeon and great caring bedside manner. Would recommend to everyone. Took time to explain my son's problem and surgery and after care was exceptional. My family felt very confident of his care and ability.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

Very poor after-care. Had to seek out my own aftercare clinic to heal the wound after surgery.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

Dr only wants your money. Doesn't listen to patient and was very rushed when speaking with me.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011

Removed bowel obstruction/adhesions - excellent bedside manner

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010

Very dedicated Dr. Completed laparoscopic to ficx a hernia.. recommended medicine that other Dr.'s didnt, medicine cured the problem in l day.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

Dr. M Joseph Elieson's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 2000)

Commercial Insurance Company