Ratings for Dr. Brendan O'Malley

Fantastic Dr.! Personable, attentative and has a wonderful way of explaining things so that I can understand. Much appreciated!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

Truly a fine human being, informed but not arrogant, patient with my endless questions, great sense of humor, proactive and sensitive. Sets the bar very high for other doctors and makes me wonder how he earns a living when he gives me so much time, and makes me wonder why other doctors are so rushed, or have no patient manner. I went with my mother to another specialist, it was a small room but he wouldn't even acknowledge me, much less involve me in the consultation. My wife had a visit with another doctor who didn't even look at her...straight at his computer..she could have been an alien for all he knew. Bravo Brendan...you make the South African doctor mafia in BC look good!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

I have been fortunate enough to have been referred to Dr. O'alley several times over the past 6 years. I could not have asked for a more competent, clear or compassionate doctor in dealing with my heart issues. He goes out of his way to be totally present to you and makes sure you understand the tests and results and suggestions for treatment. I would rate him 10 out of 5.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

My visit was very good - I wasn't kept waiting and the doctor explained everything to me really well - I was impressed with the time he took to make sure I understood my results -

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

I have never had a better doctor! Dr. O'Malley always takes the time to explain everything in layman's terms rather than talking above your knowledge like so many doctors do. He is kind, knowledgeable, helpful, good sense of humour and always available for a question. I would highly recommend Dr. O'Malley to anyone who is looking for a doctor who actually listens to the patient. He understands that a patient knows their own body so doesn't disregard symptoms you say you have. I have been seeing Dr. O'Malley for over a year and am surprised by some of the poor comments. I would not believe the bad comments written about him. My father was a doctor so I have been around doctors my entire life and I know a good doctor when I deal with one. I would rate him higher than 5 if I could!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

The staff in this office are inefficient. They don't seem to have a clue. My husband went into the office in person to confirm his appointment for the following week, and then got a call from his GP's office to say that they had called to say he hadn't confirmed. First of all, he did confirm, and if they could take the time to call the Dr's office perhaps they could have called him instead.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

I had to remind staff twice to book specialized test that the doctor had ordered. I waited months instead of weeks.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

Dr O'Malley is a knowledgeable and compassionate doctor. He treats the patient as a partner in care, and makes sure to spend time to explain everything in terms readily understandable, without being patronizing - indeed, he wants you to be truly informed and understanding of any treatment he recommends. Even though I have an autoimmune condition that is pretty much "unfixable", I feel he genuinely cares. I have been traumatized by 5-minute drive-through specialists - Dr O'Malley gives you the time to ask your questions and make sure your concerns are heard and answered. He's the best and the Cowichan Valley is extremely fortunate to have him. Jane W.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012

Dr. O'Malley treated my elderly parent in the CDH emergency room last year. I had the privilege of listening along as he explained and described everything in complete detail and such that any 'lay-person' could understand. He then oversaw a treatment process with uncompromising professionalism, knowledge and compassion through to a most positive outcome. I should add Dr. O'Malley has such a wonderful bedside manner and offers such a calming and reassuring rapport with his patient.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

Dr. O'Malley is a doctor I put my whole trust in. He listens to you, is genuinely concerned and extremely informed. If you have a concern, he will get to the bottom of it. His knowlege is vast and he will take the time to explain everything to you. ECain

flag | Submitted April 30, 2010