Ratings for Dr. Leveshen Pillay

This Doctor is pathetic, lazy and has no time to follow up even if you give him the straight facts and research on paper. . He has the audacity to say "you come in here on crutches, what do you expect me to do?" for coming in there on crutches when I can't walk. Tells me his problems of how he is too busy because he has sick kids at home. Tells me he has problems with his patients. Tells me he is going on a trip and it's going to be too hard on him bringing his kids with him. Get a nanny and be thankful you have some kids you idiot. Not my problem when I have 10 minutes of your time to deal with the fact that I'm dying. He talks in circles and does not have a clue what he is talking about. Don't waste your time.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

I think there are a lot of ringer reviews. No way are the 5 stars real. Has no time, never wants to touch patients. Guy must have X-ray vision. So hard to find good care these days.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

This doctor spends more time whining about his personal life than actually listening to his patients. He seems to hate his job, the hours, and his rate of pay, and makes his feelings known by complaining at every appointment. He adamantly insists he does not have time to answer questions but then spends ten minutes talking about how hard his personal life is. He has made it clear that he's miserable working at the clinic and is unhappy that he had to take on a retiring doctor's patients. Dr. Pillay needs to put on his big boy panties and stop behaving like an insolent child, his patients are sick people looking for help and support and it's his job as a family physician to provide that. Reading a research paper or two and taking some pride in his job couldn't hurt either.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

Time in this health care system is not a luxury many Drs. can afford. With limited resources, I find the care given by Dr Leveshen Pillay, his treatment and referrals, to be exemplary.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Dr. Leveshen is my GP since moving to Nanaimo from the Prairies 2 years ago. I have a cocktail of medical issues. He listens, he is so knowledgeable. His knowledge of meds and potential mixing of Rx's for various conditions is exceptional. He cares about the health of each of his patients and takes the time with them. There are patients I have seen come out of his office, and they are annoyed, but this invariably is because they have their own ideas of what is wrong with them, and what meds should be prescribed. They don't want to listen to a medical professional, they self diagnose and are upset when the real Doctor tells them something else. I (and my husband) feel ourselves very fortunate to have Dr. Levenshen as our family Doctor

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Always in a hurry doesn't listen at all. Has no knowledge on medications and the combinations that potentially are lethal. Herds clients through like cattle. Even recieving documents from other doctors( that we saw for over a decade) he ignores what's said. He doesn't care about people just his reputation and paycheque. He's done serious psychological damage with his uneducated remarks.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Dr Pillay has been my GP for years, although I have moved away and now see whomever I can at walk-ins when needed. He is one of the most knowledgeable and honest Dr I have seen ( And I see many within my jobs capacity) With a very connected approach , especially with mental health and well being and its relation to our psychical health, I continue to count my blessings I have a good Dr :)

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

This doctor was not at all professional in the manner I expected. He never took time to ask me the medical questions necessary to understand my problem. I found him to be arrogant. He refused to prescribe a medication that I have safely used for many years, and for which my former GP had given me. He did not even bother to take my blood pressure, even though I told him that it was a major problem!! He dismissed other concerns I had. I do not intend to maintain a connection with this doctor, as my first impression is not good. Since I am a senior, I have dealt with numerous doctors, and the best doctor is one who listens carefully to the patient. I would not recommend him to anyone at this point, but I do hope he can improve on his communication and compassion.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

I took the time to read several comments on various doctors listed on this website and quite frankly I'm a little shocked at some of them. I mean, seriously? I hadn't seen a doctor in almost 20 years, ever since my family doctor left his practice for ER. It was only just recently that I was able to find a family doctor and get some long needed medical attention. Some of these adult patients sound like ungrateful, spoiled little brats who should consider themselves fortunate they don't live in a third world country where having a family doctor is a luxury. Try living in some of these countries where some of the best public hospitals cannot afford disinfectant or rubber gloves, and doctors and nurses do not earn enough to feed their families. Try living in a country where patients may spend days lined up for tests and drugs at makeshift clinics and hospitals because there are not enough doctors and nurses to attend to them all. No doubt about it, we have a flawed health care system and the doctor shortage in Canada seems to be worsening, but let's face it, things could be worse, much worse. And as a cautious optimist, I do believe there is some light at the end of the tunnel. I have now seen Dr. Leveshen Pillay twice and found him to be very attentive and professional. He is thorough in his questions, he listens, explains things clearly, and treats me with respect. I never once felt rushed. I am getting the necessary medical attention and I couldn't be more grateful. So to all you whiners and belly-achers, just remember that doctors are humans, not gods, and they get stressed, rushed, and exhausted just like us. They're not in it to win a popularity contest so don't expect to be coddled and fawned over. Their job is to diagnose and treat patients through the practice of medicine. They are not your butler, nursemaid, nanny, or pool boy. And the next time you feel the urge to complain just remember that all that whining is bad for your health.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

No issues,. I found him honest and straight with answers. I do not go to him to be pampered, or even nice. I want his opinion,advice or meds. My health is my responsibility not his. He is there if things are beyond my control .

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015