Ratings for Dr. William A. Matarese

Dr Matarese did my carpal tunnel ops in both wrists in 2001, scoped my knee in 2015, and having my trigger finger fixed soon. I have found him to be knowledgeable, kind, and understanding.the P.A. To be very knowledgeable as well. Yes, sometimes there's a little bit of a wait,but not as bad as my primary care doc. Again, after all the times I've been there, I don't understand the negative comments

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Dr. Matarese has been my orthopedic surgeon for over 20 years. I had total hip replacement on my left leg 3 years ago and last month Dr. Matarese did my right hip. With both operations I received excellent care with outstanding results. He saw me everyday in the hospital, answered all my questions and always gave me good advice. Never once was I given a quick check up, always made sure I was comfortable. Dr. Matarese truly cares for his patients and if surgery is necessary you will never find a better orthopedic surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

As in so many other reviews, I was made to wait, on average, 1 and a half hours to see the Dr.. Charged me $15 for a medical note to present to my travel agent and an additional $25 for filling out a less than two page form for the airline. Today I was made to wait 2 hours before actually seeing the Dr. This is indicative of arrogance and very poor manners at very least. Do yourself a favor and find another Dr. I am.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

I had a very serious quadriceps muscle tear in 2011 which Dr. M repaired and a quadriceps tendon tear in 2013 on the other leg. Minimal pain after the surgery, excellent results and great follow up. DrM saw me on a Saturday in his office and got me into surgery the following Tuesday. Dr. Matarese went out of his way to help me, if I have to wait an hour in his office I know it is because he is helping another patient in thier time of need.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2013

arrogant, told me my knee pain was the aging process (45 yeras old) told me that lifting weights to strenghen my quad muscles would make matters worse--WRONG ON BOTH ACCOUNTS - turns out i had ostearthritis in both knees, and lifting weights at the gym--the correct way, did indeed strenghtnen my quad muscles, which lessened the strain on my knees, no more knee pain for me--but what a pompous buffoon he was

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

Wait times are beyond ridiculous (he SUPER overbooks), staff is nasty and not helpful but the dr is very knowledgable and an excellent surgeon. They tried to charge me for MY xrays- that's blatent extortion. When the ridiculous staff worker kept trying to tell me it's cost them the $10 they want to charge for xrays (****) i told her it doesn't even cost a quarter to copy xrays onto a dvd and they are the patients property, not the offices. So if you can deal with ridiculously long wait times, and a nasty staff, the dr really is good.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

Made us wait a long time. Was extremely rude and arrogant. Seems like he knows what he's talking about, but bedside manner is not his strong suit at all. Would never go back.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

I cannot understand the poor ratings. Dr. Matarese and his staff were exceptional with me! Dr. Matarese SHOULD have gotten angry with me but was understanding and kind. I am PAIN FREE! Thanks to Dr. Matarese

flag | Submitted December 14, 2011

Very disappointed. I waited and hour and a half just to get into the examination room. I then waited another 45 minutes for him to come into the room and talk to me. I found that he was short with me and rushed me...of course he had every exam room filled and a full waiting room so he had to get in and out quickly! He is suppose to be a good doctor but I can't get past the rudeness of how he books way to many patients at the same time.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

Great experience. I even got in and treated before my scheduled appointment time.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2011

Dr. William A. Matarese's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

GHI