Ratings for Dr. Teri Fisher

I had been seeing Dr. Fisher for ~1.5 years due to chronic neck pain that had no obvious origin. One day he asked me if I ever received any euphoria from the medication, and I was honest with him, told him that I have experienced a small amount which I believe was mainly because of the relief from being in constant pain. Big mistake being honest, he decided I was a drug addict faking my chronic pain, and refused to fill a script and instead referred me to an addiction specialist. I had never been so humiliated in my life. Dealing with chronic pain is extremely difficult physically and mentally, and now my doctor thought I was a drug addict. I had no where else to go and entered a long lasting depressing. A few weeks later, I found a new clinic. I was very nervous during my first appointment. Dr. Fisher had destroyed any trust I had for doctors. To my surprise, this doctor was the exact opposite. He did not treat me like a drug addict and was willing to help me, and reacted to my honesty with positivity rather than with accusations. Unfortunately, if you have chronic pain, I suggest you avoid Dr. Fisher as my experience with him had an extremely negative impact on my life.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

Top-notch doctor at UBC Student Health. He is knowledgeable and when I came in with long-term complex back pain he did not hesitate to send me for testing in order to properly address the root of the problem. Excellent bedside manner too!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

Dr. Fisher is a very competent, caring, and compassionate doctor! Went to him for a bursa aspiration and was very nervous, but he made me feel super calm and I didn't even feel a thing. Now all the fluid and swelling is gone and I couldn't be happier. He's friendly, careful, and smart. 10/10 review from me!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

Dr Teri Fisher is great doctor at UBC health service. He does not hesitate to run different tests to figure out the problem. He is very kind and cares about the patient.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Ever notice that the "nicest" people are the very ones who can't deliver the goods? This quack is a very nice man who doesn't know what he's talking about. I had a suspicion so I saw someone else for a second opinion and good thing I did because Fisher was wrong. Oh well, someone has to graduate at the bottom of the class. Oh and he's just so sure of his opinions that there's really no need for you to take up any more of his precious time with your bothersome questions about your health. He's nice all right. Too bad he doesn't give a damn and rushes you out the door.

Submitted August 30, 2016

I went to him for UBC clinic. He's nice but he can be a bit rushing his patient but thats understandable.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

He explains the issue, in the best way possible. Simple and easy to follow. He won't scare you, but would proceed with utmost care. Very helpful and compassionate.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Dr Teri Fisher is an amazing doctor. I came in with a very complicated knee injury and he helped me very good to get me more comfortable until I can fly back to Europe to get my surgery done.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Dr T. Fischer is Excellent professional , very explicit, he is very kind....puntual , helpfulness.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2013

Went in with back pain and Dr. Fisher gave me the most thorough medical assessment I've ever had. Very prompt, knowledgeable, and kind. I would definitely recommend him to anyone with sports related injuries.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012