Ratings for Dr. Miles F. Mitchell

Very relaxed and interested. Feels funny being seen in such a large medical center, but he takes the kind of time that I expect. Noticably better than most of the Kaiser physicians I've met.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2011

Mitchell has been my Doctor for 4 years, I figured there could be worse, so I kept on with him. I had a bad cough in December and he said I was managing it well enough and he sent me home. After a week more of horrible coughing to where I hurt my neck and back he finally gave he a list of meds. I had an ear infection that again he said I was managing and he told me to close my mouth and hold my nose and blow, that this would help open up my ear and would make it ll better, oh yeah, take Sudafed! After 2 more days of shooting pain I called and asked for any one but Mitchell to look at my ear and this lovely nurse told me I had an acute case of swimmers ear and needed antibiotic drops and pills. Oh did I mention my diabetes that just got diagnosed over email by the same guy? My blood sugar levels have been in the diabetic range for 4 years, and I have just now been diagnosed. In short, I suggest you put your health in some one elses hands, I finally have.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

I had MAJOR abdominal pain after my son was born. Dr. Mitchell told me it was heartburn - I knew it wasn't but he insisted I take medication for it. After doing my OWN research, I came back to him telling him I thought I was having gall stones. I had to insist he give me an ultrasound only to find out that I did indeed have gall stones. Strike 1. I had my gall bladder removed and within a week, started having major complications. I went in with a high fever and in EXTREME PAIN. He said to me, "Oh, you have a belly ache?". Grrrr! He gave me morphine to take home and more heartburn medicine (really?!) but NO DIAGNOSIS! STRIKE 2! I saw him again 2 days later and he said, "Keep taking the heartburn medicine and you'll feel better in a week." STRIKE 3 - YOU'RE OUT. Ends up I had a leak in my bile ducts and due to his lackadaisical approach, the bile continued to leak and eventually became infected. I had to have emer. surgery and was in the hosp. for 14 days. Dr. Mitchell sucks!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

He is extremely friendly and caring. He takes the time to explain your condition and your treatment options and takes his patients' feelings and concerns very seriously. He will personally contact you regarding abnormal test results. He is also helpful in explaining the benefits and risks of each prescription to help you make an informed decision. Although Kaiser has (according to many critics) not always treated its patients well, I think Dr. Mitchell is one of the most respectful general practice doctors I have ever been treated by.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2007

Dr. Miles F. Mitchell's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1998)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Santa Rosa, CA