Ratings for Dr. Nathalie Leung

Best Endo in the GTA! I'd probably lost my legs by now without her. Not much to say beyond that. Total pro with a heart.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

This doctor is phenomenal. She really takes the time to listen, and explains things clearly and makes sure all of my questions are answered. I would highly recommend her to anyone who needs help with their diabetes. Staff are also friendly and helpful! Thanks Doctor!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

My husband is a physician and has referred patients to dieticians and endocrinologists in the past separately and that is the only model for diabetes education and control I have known about.... until now. Dr Tang is a family physician for my Aunt and we were privileged enough to be referred to the diabetic clinic of MacKenzie Health. How professional, well managed and what stellar specialists you have coordinated there, all in one location! Firstly, Luz was such a welcoming patient reception staff! First we saw Marissa, the diabetes specialist nurse. She was a powerhouse of knowledge, diagrammatic and visual aids that helped my aunt, who's first language is not English, and even me, see how much and what she could do to manage her sugars and what she could do if it went low or too high. She was gentle and kind, lovely and took her time to repeat things I told her Aunty did not understand. She would confirm whether Aunty understood the most important points she was trying to impart by asking questions and when Aunty  didn't answer correctly took the time to repeat the information. My aunt was so appreciative of her positive attitude, patience and helpfulness. She gave Aunty samples of quick tabs she could take with her in case of hypoglycemia and a few things that would help her. I too, loved her manner and attitude. She gave us tear off sheets and made notes on them that would help Aunty remember what she had gone through. Next, we saw Mona, our dietician, who, with pictures, models and sizes of plastic foods and plates, illustrated what foods and portions were good for sugar control and fullness throughout the day. She disabused us of the fact that dals and various lentils are equal amounts protein and carbohydrate. She also showed us the value of nuts as a protein and fat source for calories. This completely changed Aunty's diet and understanding of food consumption for optimal sugar control. She, too, took her time, and never made us feel rushed. She gave us tear off sheets as well to take home to reinforce the knowledge she imparted to us. She asked Aunty to write what foods she ate and measure her sugar after at appropriate times so next time she could give feedback with meal and food management. Our doctor was endocrinologist Dr. Leung. I have not met a doctor with such a gentle, reassuring smile and manner! For a senior or anyone needing support to better understand their health outcome, she has such a perfect attitude. She was calm and reiterated medical results and what she was trying to do with sugar and medication. She gave us instructions for medication adjustment and indicated how she wanted feedback for sugar results and food/meal itemisation. It amazed me that the three specialists were on one floor, could confer and impart knowledge of the patient to each other within minutes and decide a good plan moving forward. These three work in concert each time we have come and have managed to get my Aunt on track within 6 months. We miss seeing them as often. We have especially missed seeing Marissa who was so knowledgeable about needle giving and other specialised knowledge only a nurse who cares as much can give. I met a few weeks ago, a gentleman who had gone to the clinic as well. He did not have such a great experience as he said for the time commitment requirement, he was no more knowledgeable than before he went there. He showed me the sheet and information he was given. It comprised a few words on a sheet of paper, no illustrations for food nor for sugar control going low or high. I referred him to ask specifically for Mona and Marissa and Dr Leung. After all, the purpose of the clinic is to mitigate the illnesses that follow when one is diagnosed with diabetes and trying to obtain knowledge and maintain control. Please let them ALL know how wonderful they are and what a wonderful job they have done as a team.  Thanks to all these ladies for their kindness and generosity with their knowledge

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

I have been seeing this doctor for a number of years. She's great! The office staff are also nice and friendly!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017

I have to agree with the last review. I am also a type 1 diabetic and was struggling with high sugars until I got to see Mona and Marissa at the Mackenzie Hospital diabetes center. They discussed my case with Dr. Leung and she agreed to put me on an insulin pump on their recommendation. My sugars have been so much better since!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

I am one of Dr. Natalie Yeung's patients. I have had type 1 diabetes for many years and as I am getting older, I am more prone to problems with the illness. Thankfully, I was introduced to Dr. Leung and after becoming a patient, she immediately recognized what my problems were and she sent me to see two members of her specialised team, Mona and Melissa at the diabetic centre in North York. Dr. Leung had already prepped them about my illness, so they were ready to guide me into a nutrition and insulin related programme that helped me a great deal. Both Mona and Melissa are highly qualified professionals and along with Dr. Leung, they guided me through a programme that has truly helped me gain control of my illness. Dr. Leung is one of the best endocrinologists that there is and her knowledge, kindness and care has done wonders for me. Melissa and Mona are terrific people to work with and I am deeply grateful to them both for all their help and guidance. They, like Dr. Leung, are two of the very best that there is. Thankyou to all of them for giving me a new lease on life..

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Great office with really nice, friendly office staff!!!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

She is good, but all of her staff is terrible. I see her on Mackenzie clinic location. Therefore I only talk about this location staff

Submitted May 20, 2017

Best doctor I had! I've moved but miss her personalized care so much! She really cares about her patients!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I am so thankful for Dr.Leung! I had my hair falling out, adult acne, high blood pressure, purple stretch marks & was gaining weight like crazy even though I exercise religiously and maintain a healthy diet. I was seeing a different endocrinologist before her & he put me through horrible, painful tests & then he gave up on me because he couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. Thankfully my mum & Dr. Leung were previous coworkers & I was sent to her where she discovered that I had a hormonal problem & the doctor missed a crucial insulin test when he knew my mum was diabetic. I truly believe she saved my life. If I hadn't been diagnosed with her when I did I could have developed heart disease, kidney failure & diabetes. I am so grateful to have her as my doctor. She truly cares and wants the best for her patients!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016