Ratings for Dr. Nathalie Leung

I'm really happy with this clinic! They have really supported me instead of judging me and my sugars. I don't get stressed before my appointment anymore.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

reception is an old lady named Peggy, she is VERY unprofessional and does not know what she is doing. She called me one day to let me know my appointment date in the diabetic center, then she called me again saying they don't have my appointment in Hilcrest Mall, which is totally another location that I did not heard of at all. She became very impatient and threw the ball to me, then she gave me another number to call to confirm the appt. what's the point of having this kind of receptionist messing up a simple appointment?

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

She is very smart and knows her stuff. Extremely professional and spends time with you. Her office staff is also very helpful. I’m lucky to have this doctor

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

Best diabetes center I have ever been to-the staff, including nurses and dietiicians are so helpful!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

Very knowledgeable, punctual, friendly and polite. What more can you ask for in a doctor? Especially for a specialist. I am glad to be under the care of Dr Leung, the best endocrinologist you can get! Extra bonus: receptionist is super nice!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

I have had type 1 diabetes for over 55 years. During this time I have had a number of very qualified endocrinologists but none can compare with Dr. Leung. She is quite simply the very best and I am very grateful to her for all of her that she has done for me. She really cares about all of her patients and I personally feel extremely blessed to have her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

Best Endo in the GTA! I'd probably lost my legs by now without her. Not much to say beyond that. Total pro with a heart.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

This doctor is phenomenal. She really takes the time to listen, and explains things clearly and makes sure all of my questions are answered. I would highly recommend her to anyone who needs help with their diabetes. Staff are also friendly and helpful! Thanks Doctor!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

My husband is a physician and has referred patients to dieticians and endocrinologists in the past separately and that is the only model for diabetes education and control I have known about.... until now. Dr Tang is a family physician for my Aunt and we were privileged enough to be referred to the diabetic clinic of MacKenzie Health. How professional, well managed and what stellar specialists you have coordinated there, all in one location! Firstly, Luz was such a welcoming patient reception staff! First we saw Marissa, the diabetes specialist nurse. She was a powerhouse of knowledge, diagrammatic and visual aids that helped my aunt, who's first language is not English, and even me, see how much and what she could do to manage her sugars and what she could do if it went low or too high. She was gentle and kind, lovely and took her time to repeat things I told her Aunty did not understand. She would confirm whether Aunty understood the most important points she was trying to impart by asking questions and when Aunty  didn't answer correctly took the time to repeat the information. My aunt was so appreciative of her positive attitude, patience and helpfulness. She gave Aunty samples of quick tabs she could take with her in case of hypoglycemia and a few things that would help her. I too, loved her manner and attitude. She gave us tear off sheets and made notes on them that would help Aunty remember what she had gone through. Next, we saw Mona, our dietician, who, with pictures, models and sizes of plastic foods and plates, illustrated what foods and portions were good for sugar control and fullness throughout the day. She disabused us of the fact that dals and various lentils are equal amounts protein and carbohydrate. She also showed us the value of nuts as a protein and fat source for calories. This completely changed Aunty's diet and understanding of food consumption for optimal sugar control. She, too, took her time, and never made us feel rushed. She gave us tear off sheets as well to take home to reinforce the knowledge she imparted to us. She asked Aunty to write what foods she ate and measure her sugar after at appropriate times so next time she could give feedback with meal and food management. Our doctor was endocrinologist Dr. Leung. I have not met a doctor with such a gentle, reassuring smile and manner! For a senior or anyone needing support to better understand their health outcome, she has such a perfect attitude. She was calm and reiterated medical results and what she was trying to do with sugar and medication. She gave us instructions for medication adjustment and indicated how she wanted feedback for sugar results and food/meal itemisation. It amazed me that the three specialists were on one floor, could confer and impart knowledge of the patient to each other within minutes and decide a good plan moving forward. These three work in concert each time we have come and have managed to get my Aunt on track within 6 months. We miss seeing them as often. We have especially missed seeing Marissa who was so knowledgeable about needle giving and other specialised knowledge only a nurse who cares as much can give. I met a few weeks ago, a gentleman who had gone to the clinic as well. He did not have such a great experience as he said for the time commitment requirement, he was no more knowledgeable than before he went there. He showed me the sheet and information he was given. It comprised a few words on a sheet of paper, no illustrations for food nor for sugar control going low or high. I referred him to ask specifically for Mona and Marissa and Dr Leung. After all, the purpose of the clinic is to mitigate the illnesses that follow when one is diagnosed with diabetes and trying to obtain knowledge and maintain control. Please let them ALL know how wonderful they are and what a wonderful job they have done as a team.  Thanks to all these ladies for their kindness and generosity with their knowledge

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

I have been seeing this doctor for a number of years. She's great! The office staff are also nice and friendly!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017