Ratings for Dr. Birgit K. Toome

The worst experience ever waited 2 hours in waiting room, staff was awful fill forms and pay copay as soon as I walked in and then NOTHING! No help. Dr Toome spent 6 mins with my child and did not complete an exam???? We wanted a specialist to confirm or correctly diagnose if my child had shingles as her pediatrician had diagnosed and to have a complete body scan since we were paying the "specialist fee". She looked at the area for 2 mins wrote 4 scripts and said i'll see you in two weeks and left. This was a total of 6mis after we waited 2 hours and I explained to my young child while we waited the importance of skin health and how the doctor was going to check her body to make sure are her freckles were healthy.....NOTHING. Waste of my time that I left work for, I have no idea of who to believe since her diagnosis was different than pediatrician??? FOUR SCRIPTS that the copay was 250.00 and I have FANTASTIC insurance. AWFUL-AWFUL- AWFUL...see someone who cares about what they do, employs a courteous knowledgeable staff and runs as close as they can to apt time....25-30 acceptable..not 2 hours+ :(

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

Well I have been to a few dermatologists in my time but this one takes the cake. Argued with me about a referral my insurance company said I needed DrToome said I didn't because "it's not written on ur card. Wanted to schedule future appt every 2 weeks to treat a wart ( can u say compound W). The few minor skin problems I went for " weren't covered but we take credit cards, Sign here" Shoving papers in my face, talking over me. So condensing, arrogant, and money hungry . Sells real estate on the side What is that about?. Dressed like she was going to a bar at the beach. Keep looking.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

I waited 2 hours and Toome basically brushed me aside. She gave me the wrong meds. I could barely ask her any questions. Dr. Birgit K. Toome is a Nasty, fat , closet racist and a bi tch and ill never go back, Extremely rude.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

I had my first and only visit with Dr. Toome. I was more than disappointed with this physician and her office. I waited 2 hours to see her for 2 minutes. Dr. Toome did not introduce herself to me or even ask me what I came to see her for. She waltzed in the room with 2 nurses and told me to sit on the table so she could examine me. I forced her to listen to me for about 30 seconds and she seem annoyed that I even tried to speak to her. She focused on talking to the nurses in the room so they could tell me what treatment I needed. They sold me an over priced cleansing product I did not need. They failed to mention, I could purchase something over the counter for much cheaper. Her nurse spent more time trying to sell me on laser hair removal than I for the reason I was actually there. I was extremely disappointed in the experience from start to finish. Worst bedside manner of any physician I have ever met! I will not be following up with her.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

This place honestly needs to be shut down. Very unprofessional ghetto staff members. Toome herself was very rude to me and gave me different medication (pimple meds) instead of treating my condition. This made it get worst. Switched to Robert but he knew nothing of how to treat my condition. I also overheard staff making rude comments about patients. Dont go here if you have a long term disease. They are horrible and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Dr. Toome EHT office is amazing her staff is GREAT very Professional and treated me in a way that I felt very comfortable. They explained everything to me. I suffer from severe Psoriasis and they went over all options. My daughter has been see in dermatologist for years for acne and we switched to Appearance Derm a few years ago and she is satisfied as well. Leea Arsenault is the nurse practitioner I have seen and she is amazing very professional.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Dr toome didn't like the fact that we didn't want our teenager on birth control. We wanted to try other treatments and she told me to tell my husband that he wasn't being intelligent about this. Never went to her again.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Front desk very unprofessional, untrained and rude. Bathroom dirty, no hand soap or towels. Waiting time, ridiculous.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

Toome is a joke. You will wait at least 2 hours to have her look at you for 5 seconds and have the 3 nurses that she brought in tell you what to take, buy, and slap on your face. HOWEVER, the estheticians are very helpful. At least the 2 that I've had were. Dr. M is very nice as well.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2014

As a new patient I arrived 10 minutes early to fill out the extensive paperwork I knew would come. I was made to wait until my actual appointment time to be handed the paperwork. In all, I waited in the waiting room for more than an hour, and then a very rude person brought me into an exam room and told me to undress. Since I was there for my face this seemed an odd request. After sitting in the freezing cold exam room for 20 minutes, I got dressed and went down the hall to the restroom to kill some time and try to warm up. Finally the doctor walked in, at least I think she was the doctor, and told me to get undressed. When I told her I was there only for my face she said "well get on the table and I will look." She then froze two small spots on my face, while ignoring 4 others. Then she turned and marched out of the room, telling me over her shoulder that I needed to come in for a full body check. I came in to have my face examined by a doctor, and my other reason was to check out the facility and the doctor's skills and rapport. I really would like to have a little cosmetic work done but I need to trust someone before I could let her inject or point a laser at my face. NO WAY this woman will even touch me again! As I said before, I am not even sure this woman was the doctor since she didn't introduce herself. Blonde, overweight, brusque... is that the dermatologist or one of her staff? I guess it really doesn't matter since I would never go there again and never recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

Dr. Birgit K. Toome's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1986)