Ratings for Dr. Sivanta J. Paul

Horriable experience with dr Paul. I went to get help with anxiety and depression maybe get a diagnosis . He was completely rude he said that is whats wrong with the United States today all of these people on benzos and opiates that has brought the economy down and wont get a job . ( currently filing for disability for neuropathy from a stroke and heart attack) I didn't ask for any benzos he didn't listen at all completely bypass me , I was tring to tell him my symptoms. Handed me a prescription for Ativan I didn't ask for I gave it back ( left it on his desk ) and told him I wont be back. I have never felt so out of place . Very uncomfortable. The lady at the front desk was very nice I feel bad for her to even be apart of his practice.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Do not take your child to this man, this was the worst experience I have ever had as a concerned mother. Very disrespectful, cold hearted man I have ever met. Did not give us time to talk about my concerns with my child, telling me he had already spent to much time with us. IT HAD ONLY BEEN 9MINS EXACTLY! I had some paperwork from his teacher, and he refused to read it unless it was summarized! I asked about a different medication a family friend used for her son that worked wonders and he wouldn't give me the time of day to explain the difference of the 2. Even though the medication he gave me was not working all the way it should, all he wanted to do was give him double after me telling him my concerns about this pill after I looked it up and how it was badly effecting my child. All I did was ask how would that help my kid, and he got mad saying he would not argue with me. ITS NOT A ARGUEMENT IF ALL I DID WAS ASK A QUESTION!!! Rising his voice all in front of my kid. I will be reporting him!!!! one last thing, its funny how he prescribed my child meds with out saying 2 words to him...No testing at all, and the entire time we was there my son was well behaved. He asked me a few questions about my family history and a little about what was going on at school and BOOM just like that he gave us pills. What if I was a crazy person getting pills for my child so I could have them??? I have never seen a doctor do that. only good thing I have to say about this place is the lady at the front desk was amazing. I feel sorry that she has to work for a man like that!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

First time taking my son to Dr Paul waited 40 min in waiting area. Spent about 3 minutes with Dr . Going in for anxieties and he asks good questions but tells him he has ocd. My son walked away feeling like he wasn't even heard. Second visit we wait 45 minutes and the patient who was scheduled before us hadn't even seen the Dr yet. We got our copayment back and left. My first clue he wouldn't be very good was when I saw his office/building/crack house looking work area. Very unprofessional but only one our insurance covered. Good luck if going to him.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

I have had the worst expierences with this doctor- and because it is difficult to see another doctor,I have given him oppurtunity after failed oppurtunity. He is very cold- talks over your answer when you are trying to explain your symptoms. I have I have literally spent no more than 10 minutes in his office for his prognosis. Today's appointment absolutely has taken the proverbial cake. I went in to discuss issues. He asked me 3 times where I worked, if I had liver problems and my relationship status. I had to ask him if he was paying attention. He asked me if I was depressed- I advised that's what I was there to find out. Finally he writes a prescription for a drug called Divalproex Sodium. He gave the side effects and I advised that these appeared to be worse than my current symptoms. He said if it didnt work, then to come back before Thanksgiving and we would try again.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

HE ONLY SAW MY SON FOR PAY NO HELP AT ALL. HE MADE ME WASTE GAS GOING

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

Those of you who are trashing Dr. Paul do not understand the difference between American and Indian culture. If we went to India, they would think we were to friendly. Anyway, my daughter has been going to him for 7 years. He is all business, but a Psychiatrist is to diagnose and give medication. Counseling comes from a Psychologist or a Counselor, which he is not - he is a medical doctor. I and my daughter have found him to be friendly and to have diagnosed her and treated her correctly every time!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

Dr.Paul asked all the right questions. He asked me about what issues I am having and the symptoms I am experiencing from those issues. I told him what medications have not worked for me in the past. Dr.Paul listen to everything I told him and wrote everything down as I spoke. He diagnosed me correctly and i'm feeling better already!!! I agree that he isn't very consoling and a little quiet but he cares and knows how to identify the problem. I am a firm believer that the only true cure for a chemical imbalance is medication. I know that Dr.Paul is a qualified professional who is capable of making those decisions!!!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012

I've taken my son to see Dr Paul for years. He is a nice person, but quiet. He seems to be all business, but if you are friendly he is also. His staff are friendly and that includes his wife that helps out at times. He has been a big help to my son at finding the right medication. I have never had a problem.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2012

One of the worst Doctors I have personally been to. His concern is not for the patient, but for the co-pay. He is highly unaware of proper American social etiquette. In short, he leaves a lot to be desired and I suggest you look elsewhere if you are looking for a caring, reliable Doctor.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

Was prescribed a medication on my first visit with him, which I believed was odd. I explained my history of anger issues and problems with depression and thoughts of suicide. It seems he didn't listen to any of it, and prescribes me XANAX for anxiety issues, some I DON'T HAVE or even mentioned having. The 2nd visit, I had more to say to make sure I was being diagnosed properly, and he would continually interrupt me, not letting me explain my problem, and then decides to stop the xanax, and instead start taking prozac. One visit lasts about 5 minutes, you just come in and he says some things, and gives you a prescription and tells you to come back in a month. Only other issue is that I'm continually charged $35 co-pay, when my insurance says it should be $15. Have had a few free visits because of this.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010

Dr. Sivanta J. Paul's Credentials

• Univ Of Colombo, Fac Of Med, Colombo, Sri Lanka (Grad. 1974)