Ratings for Dr. Robert J. Jackson

This review is for Dr. Jackson, his nurses at Saddleback hospital, his assistant surgeon and the anesthetic doctor - his whole hospital team who worked on me when my shunt stopped working (it was plugged). Apparently some of his office staff could use some patient relations training, but we didn't have contact with them. My surgery experience was smooth and painless.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

Dr. Jackson himself is great; he's very knowledgeable and is a great surgeon. He operated on my husband's back and will eventually operate on mine. His office staff...bleh. I have tried for two weeks to get them to fax information to a pain management clinic so that I can have an epidural (per Dr. Jackson), but they just don't want to do it. The first clinic I tried, their office person was mean to me, so I thought SHE was the problem. But now I'm dealing with a second one and am realizing that the protocol is for the prescribing doctor's office to fax the information to the clinic, which Jackson's office just plain doesn't want to do. I don't get why. So, now I'm in a lot of pain and no closer to an appointment. It's very frustrating.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

the staff at this office are by far the worst I have ever encountered. I called for an appointment and got nothing more than a bad attitude. I must have called 10 times and left a message at least 4 times and no one called back. i finally got thru and the person scheduling started to give me an attitude. when i pointed that out to her she just hung up. I called back and asked to talk to the manager, she came on and then abrubtly put me on hold for 10 minutes. she came back and did not even apologize. now she startes giving me her version as to what happened. so i guess she put me on hold, came back to tell me that I was wrong. when i explained the situation and the details, she agreed that it was the attendant's fault. all this for an appointment. i have launched a complaint with the insurance company. stay away from this office. nothing but a headache. and i thought the pain in my back was bad.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

Smart, Practical, spoke clearly and in a way a lay person could understand

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

My 21 year old son damaged 7 disks after a 15 foot fall from a tree in January 2011. Dr Jackson performed emergency surgery and follow-up care. We're 4 months out and my son is jogging. Dr Jackson was adept, professional and responsive to our questions. My son was uninsured at the time. Regardless, he was treated courteously and received excellent care. The only issue we had involved the scheduling staff not acquiring pre-approval for a follow-up x ray and appointment. Overall, we are appreciative of the care we received and continue to receive.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2011

Dr Jackson is very knowledgeable physician. He described the problem (a large brain tumor) and the plan to resolve it very clearly. He did a beautiful job of removing it. The staff at Mission Hospital was amazed at my recovery. At the first follow-up visit, Dr. Jackson emphasized the importance of scheduling an appointment for an MRI 3 months after surgery. He explained that a follow-up MRI was needed in order to insure that the tumor had not started to regenerate. PROBLEM: His assistant, Weeda, refused to schedule an MRI. I assume his was because I had no insurance, except through the state, although she never said so. (I was 64 and not yet eligible for Social Security/Medicare coverage.) She refused to explain why she would not schedule an appointment. She was simply very rude and dismissive. I had to wait for over a year to schedule an MRI after brain surgery.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2008

His assistant would not schedule a followup MRI after brain surgery because I had no insurance, except through the state. She was very rude and dismissive. I had to wait for over a year for my first MRI after surgery, which was needed to determine whether the tumor had started to regenerate.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2008

Appears very knowledgeable. Was very clear on describing the problem and the plan to resolve it.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2007

Dr. Robert J. Jackson's Credentials

• Farsi

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Kaiser-Permanente