Ratings for Dr. Lawrence S. Crossett

Dr. Crossett performed double knee replacement on me in November of 2014. My results were EXCELLENT and I would rate him the highest in terms of caring about his patients and his impeccable skill. To me, he is a genius -- a very gifted doctor. i am so grateful that he did my surgery and attribute my success to him.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Avoid at all costs! He has crippled my wife. She has just completed 4 surgeries to try and fix the mess he made. The comments others have made about him being rude, arrogant, talk down to you, etc are all true. He is a pompous clown and a butcher supported by Johnson & Johnson.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

At my office visit, Dr. Crosset was arrogant, pompous, he talked down to me, and went over and over the fact that I was on too much pain medication, when I had already been partially weaned and had a goal to continue. If I had planned to stay on the meds indefinitely, then there may be cause for" professionally" telling me that I was pursuing the wrong course of action. Dr. Crossett pursued his favorite pastime, playing othopedic god, and he reamed me out for being on it in the first place. I left there feeling like, "what's the sense in going thru all this withdrawal and discomfort, when I am doing what I perceive to be the right thing and he makes me feel like a piece of ___t regardless of what I was doing". What a shame!! Give a person some credit (my other drs. have--rheumatology and PCP) and encourage him in his continued endeavor to get off the med. He had to act like he was the Alpha and Omega when it came to knowledge of orthopedic procedures and made comments like there existed very concise, black and white, clear cut sets of standards, his standards, just as he was describing them, and that these were the ONLY way to do things. And any deviation from his standards would be totally unacceptable. There was a great deal of unsolicited, offensive judgmentalism on his part, that only served to make him look like a very biased narcissist. How very sad. NO ONE and I mean no one knows everything except Our Lord Himself and to act like Dr. Crossett did was a sad testimony to his very inflated ego and his underlying insecurities that required him to belittle a patient with very good intentions, and very temporarily discouraging that person. Dare someone deviate from his protocol, then they set themselves up for having the gavel banged in their face and hearing his caustic judgmental remarks re: that person's wrongdoings. He commented on how I would "never be satisfied with what any surgeon would do", as I had been on narcotics. He did not even look at the records I brought in to ascertain the mediacl course that had already been taken, procedures that had already been done and the underlying pathologies that existed. "No"---his word was it and he'd listen to nothing I tried to explain--not to "make excuses " but to explain, in very truthful terms, just what went on. I was interrogated as to "why I had been put on them in the first place", but the way he said it, and with the contorted look on his face, I felt like I was on trial for a crime that I had committed. I became very afraid and nervous, just in hearing the very reprimanding tone of his voice . That was not why I came to see him. He could have made his point in a much less demeaning way and remained in the realm of "being professional". As I said, this was not to be and he made sure I left his office with a lump in my throat, a knot in my stomach, an almost defeated feeling in regards to my further goals, and a complete loss of the pride that heretofore I had felt in regards to what I had initially accomplished. Thanks a lot, Dr. Crossett, you succeeded in your goal to put on a performance to enlighten your little audience and to make the subject of your tirade feel very bad. With a lot of prayer and encouragement from others, including my doctors, I will continue to wean the med. and get off the narcotic. I feel fine, now. When I tried to show him my medical records, he wanted nothing to do with them. He talked right over me, totally and rudely unwilling to look at anything I might have re: past treatments, test results, operative reports, etc., all documents contained in my official medical records. I would think someone in his place might try to encourage someone that initiated the weaning of her pain meds. successfully and tell them that their course of action is a good one and will bring about worthwhile results. I would think wrong. I feel sorry for people who have to make others feel bad at that person's expense. It denotes a severe character flaw in that person. We are on this earth to try to help others. I have prayed extensively about this both before and after I started the detox, and I am getting off the meds. What a shame that Dr. Crossett made me feel like chalking up the whole thing because he belittled me and my previous doctor. But I won't go back--I'll continue what I am doing, despite the fact that he made me feel so bad that I went home and cried the whole evening. Very non-therapeutic, to say the least. Don't you feel good, now, Dr. Crossett?

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

Seems to be an excellent and knowledgeable surgeon. At times tries to respond to questions before you complete them.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

Please be carefule with this MD. He has a chip on his shoulder that is bigger than himself. After all of the promises of a full recovery, my mother's leg was finally amputated. It is my belief that if this MD could have gotten past his ego when evaluating her, the result would have been drastically different. Additionally, after the amputation, DR. Crossett did his best to distance himself from out case. This came in the form of combative conversations when asked simple questions, refusal to accept his former patient when she was readmitted with complications, hollaring at the top of his lungs during phone conversations, followd by rudely hanging up on myself more than once. Perhaps the most damaging: the inability to deliver a summary letter covering the 250+ days my loved one was under his care in the hospital in a timley manner. Thus leaving our family with out the vital medical summaries necessary to obtain another MD and provide him/her with accurate information.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2008

He did a total knee revision on me with a knee that he helped design. This is the fourth replacement I have had installed in the same knee. I haven't felt this good since I originally injured it in 1980. I would recommend Dr. Crossett to anyone. He is a very good and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2008

BEWARE NO MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD. DR. CROSSETT IS AN EXCELLENT SURGEON, HOWEVER HE MADE LIFE CHANGING CHOICES WHEN OPERATING ON ME. I WAS LEFT WITH A KNEE REPLACEMENT THAT HE CHOSE TO PUT INTO MY KNEE THAT HAD BEEN RECALLED. YES, RECALLED. MY KNEE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN. IT SWELLS SEVERELY, SEVERE PAIN, AND INABILITY TO WALK WITHOUT ASSISTANCE. HE APPOLIGISED, BUT THAT DID NOT HELP WHAT HE DID TO ME. I HAD TO GO TO CLEVELAND CLINIC- DR. GEORGE MUSCHLER HAD TO FIX THE MESS THAT DR. CROSSETT DID. PLEASE RECONSIDER THIS DOCTOR. I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HE HAS INJURED.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2007

Dr. Lawrence S. Crossett's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)