Dr. E. David Crawford

Ratings for Dr. E. David Crawford

I went to my primary physician for a check up and my PSA had gone up and I was referred to a urologist in my home town. He in turn referred me to Dr. Crawford. I called and set up an appointment with Dr. Crawford. I spoke several times with Cliff and everything was explained to the letter by Cliff, Dr. Crawford and Shelly Rio. After their explanations of my choices I was able to make a decision on the procedure that was best for me. All of my follow up appointments have also been like going to see old friends. I cannot say enough about Dr. Crawford and his staff. They are just wonderful.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

I'm 67 and I never expected to discover about 4 years ago i had prostate cancer. When it was discovered that I did I realized some decisions were going to have to be made on treatment. My urologist gave me a book and some material to look at over the Christmas holidays. A lot of information, but what is best for ME? He also recommended I check with a friend of his in Denver who was doing some new things in the area of prostate cancer treatment. His friend is Dr. Crawford. I called Dr. Crawford's office and set up an appointment. The very first person I met was Cliff Jones who works on the office as a program administrator. Dr. Crawford looked at all my data and explained it was not unusual for someone my age to have prostate cancer (confirming what my Doctor Daughter had told me) and that it was his job to make sure that I died of something else. We discussed options and Dr. Crawford and Cliff explained the mapping and cryo procedures. Dr. Crawford explained his reasoning for looking for a better way to treat prostate cancer by saying he removed a lot of prostates that on further exam there really wasn't much wrong with. We elected to try the mapping and cryo and belive it was the right choice for me. Subsequent tests have shown some residual cancer and I just (08/18/2015) had a second cryo to deal with it. I can't say enough good about my treatment by Dr. Crawford'l, his staff and the UCH folks. I catch myself looking forward to my next visit and have to remind myself it's a medical procedure. Cliff is always my "go to" guy when something comes up that I do not understand.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

Professional, knowledgeable, experienced, with a great staff, all add up to make Dr. Crawford an excellent choice for assessment of prostate cancer issues.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

This was my first visit with Dr. Crawford. I am 79 years old and have had three urologists indicate that at my age (75 or over) I should not receive any treatment because I will die of something else before prostate cancer kills me. Evidently they would give me hormone therapy when the cancer has spread. No consideration was given to my good health and my father being taken by prostate cancer at the age of 98. Dr. Crawford, in spite of the many demands on his time, is willing to keep an eye on my situation and treat me as necessary. I appreciate his sincerity and generosity.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

I am 62 and was diagnosed at 57. When I was diagnosed with prostate cancer, Dr. Crawford was highly recommended to me by my primary care doctor, my local urologist and a friend who is married to a noted prostate cancer researcher. The more I checked him out, the more impressed I became. He is one of top urologic oncology surgeons and researchers in the USA, if not the world. He is widely published in medical journals and is a highly respected thought-leader and speaker worldwide. Upon meeting him, his approach is very straightforward and no-nonsense. Very knowledgable, very skilled. Nice guy ... some might find him dry ... but I appreciated the depth of his insights and explanations. His staff is top rate. Cliff, one of his practice administrators, was ALWAYS there to answerANY questions. Even gave me his cell number! Robin, his nurse was always available to help during recovery and rehab. My surgery was particularly difficult as my prostate had adhered itself to my colon wall. It was very difficult to remove and took longer than usual. But Dr. Crawford did an incredible job where a less experienced surgeon might have struggled. He has nearly 4,000 prostate cancer procedures under his belt. That kind of experience and maturity is hard to find. I have Dr. Crawford and his staff to thank for being cancer free.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I am currently being treated by Dr. Crawford and have nothing but the highest regard for the breadth of his knowledge, his skill and experience. Dr. Crawford is one of the nation's preeminent urologists and has investigated my condition using tests--first a thorough mapping biopsy followed by a Prolaris test of the tissue--that have clearly defined the nature, size and placement of my cancer. Neither of these tests had been offered or discussed by my previous urologist. Dr. Crawford has clearly explained the results of these tests and, consequently, I will have much more confidence in choosing the right course of treatment moving forward. I owe additional gratitude to Dr. Crawford's colleagues, Dr. Clifford Jones and Dr. Fransisco La-Rosa who have also helped me tremendously throughout the process. I will be moving forward with Dr. Crawford and their team.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Dr. Crawford is one of the leading urology oncology doctors and is a renowned expert on prostate cancer. I was diagnosed at age 47 and went to see him for a second opinion. It is a difficult decision regarding treatment options. Another physician had made a compelling argument for brachytherapy (implanting seeds), but Dr. Crawford put this into perspective by explaining that at my young age surgery is the best option. He further explained that he is often called upon to do salvage surgery when brachytherapy fails (all you need is for one cancer cell to remain). Dr. Crawford is an efficient and knowledgeaable physician and you will be well-served by going to see him with a list of questions. One of his nurses, Frances Crighton, who also holds a Ph.D., is one of the finest people I've ever met. I am fortunate in that my cancer was caught early, and have Dr. Crawford and his wonderful staff to thank for curing me.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2007

Dr. E. David Crawford's Credentials

• Univ Of Cincinnati Coll Of Med, Cincinnati Oh 45267 (Grad. 1973)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Aurora, CO