Ratings for Dr. Steven J. Fern

Dr Fern is an exceptional Doctor. He's caring and always willing to help his patients. The office staff in the HRT area are the best. I enjoy my visits all the time. God bless you all.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

A little late now! Wish I'd filed a malpractice case when Dr. Fern messed up my son's circumcision back in 2000. There are still consequences from this and Dr. Fern never took responsibility. Even when he was asked to cover the copay for the frequent urologist appointments for my son for months after he cut off the whole tip during circumcision, he didn't take responsibility and just asked the urologist to do him the professional courtesy of not charging me. No responsibility taken and he never even followed up to find out the damage he had done to my son. Don't let him circumcise your baby boys!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

If you are HIGH RISK the. Do NOT see this doctor. This is the worst doctor of this entire practice. He is the reason why I have lost 2 children. I have been high risk since 2009 and been pregnant 3 times since then. He is awful. He thinks he knows what he is talking about but he doesn't care about the patients. He is rude to patients over the phone while he is the on-call doctor, and he had mouths patients who have genuine symptoms to other doctors to make it look like your an idiot. In 2010 I got pregnant and at 19 weeks made a call to my doc and was told to drink water and stay off my feet (I was 19 weeks pregnant). I was told if my contractions got better then I would be fine. The next morning my water broke and I had to deliver a still born little girl. Then my placenta was stuck and a D&C had to be performed by him and from now on I will need a cerclage every time I wanna have a baby because all of the sudden I have an incompetent cervix. I lost another child in 2011 thanks to him

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Dr Fern was gentle, genuine, & informative. He is the best OBGYN I've been to. It's seems odd to me that anyone would have had an uncomfortable experience with him. Both my sister and I have gone to him and we both think he is WONDERFUL!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2013

Dr. Fern has taken excellent care of me throughout my high-risk pregnancy. He patiently answers my questions and has made me feel very comfortable and relaxed. As far as being rough, I've actually found him to be the most gentle doctor that has ever examined me.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

This doctor always made both me and my husband feel comfortable. I was set on having a female deliver our son but after meeting with Dr Fern we both wanted him to do it. My water broke when another doctor was on call so he didnt but he was so patient and nice. I think he is great not sure what the complaints are about!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2009

Every experience that I have had with Dr Fern has been great! He has performed surgery on me twice and each time was painless!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

My mother, my sister and myself ALL had problems with Dr. Fern. Every other doctor at this practice is wonderful but I left that office crying when he saw me because he is SO rough. I was out of commission for days after he examined me. Save yourself some serious discomfort and do not see this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2007

Don't walk-RUN away from this doctor! He is dangerous- Please check out his malpractice cases before you decide to be his patient-I wish I had!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2007

Dr. Steven J. Fern's Credentials

• A Einstein Coll Of Med Of Yeshiva Univ, Bronx Ny 10461 (Grad. 1994)

Kaiser-Permanente