Ratings for Dr. Gene Y. Hao

I really appreciate Dr. Hao and the rest of his practice. He is always very responsive, willing to listen to my concerns and take the time to explain things to me. His diagnoses are spot-on, and when he's not able to solve the issue himself his referrals have been great. His assistant (Lisa) is always super nice, and the facilities are clean and serviceable.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

He was very disinterested in my health history and offered a prescription after I had said that I did not want to treat my problem with medication. Along with the expected general physical tests, he ordered uninsured tests when I requested that he not do so. He did not strike me as particularly knowledgeable and generally felt below average in every way. Overall I would avoid this doctor as he does not meet the excellent standard of care that I have come to expect through Overlake Medical Center.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

Saw Dr Hao for physical and asked about 1 problem that I have. He referred me to another doc (had to chase him on the phone for that), but charged me for 2 visits! Apparently you are supposed to be mum during your physical and not even attempt to discuss anything, otherwise you'll get charged $150 for a question! Specialist that he referred me to is not the right doc, so I am very disappointed. Switching to another doctor.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013

Extremely professional, knowledgeable and courteous. Very concerned for my health.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

I have been a patient for about 13 years. I have never been greeted by a smile. I go to see him only when I have to have a prescription refilled because I don't feel that he is respectful or open to my feelings about what he wants me to do. I would have found another doctor long ago if I could find someone who is willing to accept Medicare recipients.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2011

Took over a year to diagnose common illness/disease with all symptoms present. I was greated with,"What is it this time", the second time I saw him.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2009

Dr. Hao has been my internist for over 2 years. I find him helpful, but only because I have some medical training. Sometimes I know more than he does about a topic. He is not good about explaining potential side effects of drugs. I am not convinced he does a good enough job at keeping up to date with the medical literature. He is not quick to jump to his prescription pad to solve problems, preferring more natural interventions. He is on time, not particularly rushed, and appointments are easy to get within 1-2 days.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2007

Dr. Gene Y. Hao's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1996)

Top Hospitals in Bellevue, WA