Ratings for Dr. Joan D. Coupland

The staff is unprofessional and inept. They treat you like you are an inmate in a prison, and that you are at their mercy. They treat voicemail like a contest to see how quickly they can leave the message before hanging up - which means you have to cycle through the message a couple of times to get all of the information. Their phone policy is ludicrous - activating the service a half hour before the office closes? What? I value my health, I deserve to be treated with a modicum of respect, and I definitely expect to receive lab results in a timely manner. Basically, if you don't mind being treated like you are a charity case at the free clinic, come here. But if you pay a lot for insurance, and expect to receive actual healthcare for those hefty premiums you pay, go somewhere else. This was my first and absolute last visit.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

Dr. Coupland listens. Others may complain about the wait time but I will trade the wait for the compassionate evaluation and professional approach I receive from her. I can look beyond a staff that is not top-notch since Dr. Coupland is the best.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Stay away and find a practitioner who actually cares about YOU and not their vacations, lunch breaks or days off. The staff is VERY forgetful my wife has been going here since she was 17 and is now 30 and I have been for 5 years. The last 2 years have been more like a patient mill. Get you in take the money and spit you out. They lost the glow of helping and gained the greed of money and time off. Pam and Gretchen had so much potential but lost it in the midst of working here with 2 hour lunch breaks and shutting off the phones 30 minutes early everyday. Our healthcare is failing because of people like this. I am for sure going back to my old Primary because he actually cared, I just moved across town and they were close and my wife has been going there for 13 years. My mom works for Corporate Florida Hospital and I am filing a complaint as of today to hopefully rectify the situation. The girl who found out she has cervical cancer after being told she was ok is telling the truth too.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

Dr. Coupland is thorough, attentive, and kind. She spends a great deal of time with each patient so that she can give the best care possible. She will often try a natural route before prescribing medication if the patient desires. The wait time can be long but only because she takes the time that each patient needs. I'm very thankful to have found such a wonderful family doctor!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

I used to love seeing Dr. Coupland. Often seeing her in person is a good experience. However, the way the office is run has gone downhill dramatically in the last two years. Receptionists are often rude on the phone and manage to always incorrectly relay messages, which is a problem because the entire staff keeps you from talking to Dr. Coupland on the phone. She must make it a policy to not talk to patients unless they pay for an office visit. Well now, it's difficult even to get a phone call from a *nurse* let alone the doctor. I have chronic, genetic health issues and I usually need a question answered via a phone call about once or twice a year. It's like pulling teeth. And they're highly unknowledgable about different health issues.

Submitted November 24, 2013

I truly am disgusted with their staff. I had tried to make 2 different appointments 2 months ago, however due to a family emergency needed to reschedule both. Today when I tried to "make another appointment" the receptionist created my new appointment, and then called me back TWO minutes later saying that since I had "rescheduled" with them twice already that they would not allow me to come in for an appointment. And for me to go ahead and delete the appointment I told her I had just created in my phone. When I explained it was due to circumstances out of my control...she said well there is nothing we can do. You have already rescheduled twice and we refuse to create another appointment for you. The fact that these people are healthy professionals absolutely disgusts me. I will never ever refer ANYONE here. Mark my words.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

Dr. C is NEVER on time. It is because she spends time with ALL of her patients and is very compassionate. Her nurse, Heather, is a perfect match for the dr. She is funny warm and caring. They go above and beyond to make me feel "normal" even when I know I'm not.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

Dr.Coupland is compassionate,LISTENS to you and explains what next steps are, what to expect and how she and you will proceed TOGETHER! She engages you in your own treatment plan, sets expectations,etc. This Dr. is what the term 'DOCTOR' should mean today but by many others is not met! She is absolutely the type of Dr. you should want to see. She may not always be on time as some complain, but I always feel she takes the same time with me that I need so what is the problem? I love her and her staff for the most part is awesome. As with everything now, the 'younger generation' makes you feel like they are doing you a favor and she has one of those on her staff, but given time I have no doubt that she will follow the lead of the rest of the team. Dr. Coupland is a DIAMOND and anyone who feels otherwise really does not care about themselves. To me,waiting to see the right Dr. is all that matters!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2013

If you are looking for a Dr. who will run in and out of office and barely 'hear' you, then this Dr. is not for you. HOWEVER,if you are looking for someone who really cares about how you feel and what she can do to help you, then Dr. Coupland is your Dr.!!! She is awesome, her staff is wonderful except for Erica who is immature and needs to grow in the business world. Everyone else though is awesome which is what you need when you are sick and need someone to get to the bottom of things! She is so knowledgeable and well connected to the medical community. She makes going to the Dr. pleasurable, she is always upbeat and answers all your questions. I mean, what else do you need other than to have a Dr. that REALLY cares? She is wonderful and no other words describe her. She takes her time with you and you have to be patient while waiting, knowing she is giving that same care to others! Love this Doctor!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2012

It's a good thing I didn't wait the 5 years to have a pap smear as I was told to do. I might not be sitting here right now. I had surgery for cervical cancer l l/2 years later thanks to a very wise Gyno. Her staff is rude beyond belief and had the audacity to send me a bill for $25 for a no show when I was clearly there. I wasn't about to wait 2 hours. Then they send me a letter of dismissal from their practice. No, it's the other way around. If you want to live, STAY AWAY!! This was not the first time I was told to go somewhere else because of a condition she misdiagnosed. I should have left after the 1st time.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2012

Dr. Joan D. Coupland's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Top Hospitals in Oviedo, FL