Ratings for Dr. Kjell A. Youngren

His vasectomy ruined my life. He tells you nothing will change with his vasectomy procedure. My whole life changed. Beyond 5 years of debilitating pain. Postvasectomy pain syndrome. His response to my excruciating pain in the first few days, "so you got a little more pain than you bargained for". Worst experience of my life. Snake oil salesman. Don't get a vasectomy, and don't get it from him.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

YES he does listen and cares ect ect and everything aboout pelvis pain. but he does nothing. does not talk about a pyhsical therapest, prescribes very weak drug. total useless in my opinion. IM NOW CURED WITH ANOTHER DOCTOR HE SAVED MY LIFE.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

Incredibly friendly office staff and the doctor was so knowledgeable and he took the time to listen and answer all my questions. A+ experience!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

I think if you don’t go see Dr. Youngren, even if just as a second opinion to another Urologist, you’re really missing out on a whole different level of healthcare. Ive had problems and chronic pain for so long that had only been getting worse and worse until I saw him. Now after only 4 visits my problems and pain are totally gone; other specialists (and Urologists) kept giving me medications on top of medications which never really took care of the problems. I would describe Dr. Youngren as an “old fashion” type of physician with a modern twist. His extensive knowledge of the pelvic floor and medicine/pharmacology was evident upon meeting him and he definitely seems to be on top of his research. As a student studying healthcare, I consider myself a difficult person to deal with when it comes to doctors and such (with good reason in my opinion) – Dr. Youngren spent over an hour and a half listening to me going back and fourth discussing treatment options, etc. He examined me from head-to-toe and showed me his own marked reference materials to give me a better idea of what was going on. I honestly couldn’t believe how I felt about it all when I left. Within the next 2 days, I got a personal voicemail from him regarding my results and the next step. On top of everything, his staff was beyond nice, helpful, and down to earth (and professional, of course). I called up for a note regarding my visit a day after his voicemail and the staff got me a note within the next few hours. After that they followed up and called to confirm my receipt of it. I still cant really put into words how beyond helpful and legitimate he and his practice was/are.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

He was very easy to talk to, i felt like i could be honest and not be embarrassed. He spent a good amount of time with me and made sure i understood what was going on.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Responsive, knowledgeable and kind - explained things thoroughly - recommend him highly!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014

After four years of BPH treatment (after ruling out cancer), I opted for what turned out to be 100% successful greenlight surgery. In retrospect, I realized that Dr. Youngren's approach was informative all along the way without ever being pushy about surgery. It became MY decision but I made it with such a wealth of knowledge provided by him that, risky as it seemed at the time, I knew it was the only recourse. More importantly, I knew Dr. Youngren would be as amazing a surgeon as a diagnostician, and my instincts proved to be correct.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Dr. Youngren is a very personable physician. Too bad, because there's that little problem of his incompetence. After my urologist of many years retired I saw this doctor for treatment of cystitis which, by the way, I hadn't had any problem with for 8 years. Dr. Youngren gave me a long lecture about some obscure, chronic pelvic pain syndrome he'd found that he thought might be the problem--based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever. Meanwhile he neglected to treat the real problem in any way. It's real nice that he's interested in off-the-chart, whacko theories, but not when you need help. Find another urologist.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

This doc is the real deal. He knows his stuff, and communicates very well and understandable. One of the few doctors I have seen, that I have confidence in. Staff is very competent also.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

Great and caring Dr. and staff. First Dr. i've been to in a while that didn't make me feel rushed. He took his time listened to my concerns and answerd all my questions.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2010

Dr. Kjell A. Youngren's Credentials

• Spanish

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1994)

MSP/BC Med