Ratings for Dr. Kjell A. Youngren

I think if you don’t go see Dr. Youngren, even if just as a second opinion to another Urologist, you’re really missing out on a whole different level of healthcare. Ive had problems and chronic pain for so long that had only been getting worse and worse until I saw him. Now after only 4 visits my problems and pain are totally gone; other specialists (and Urologists) kept giving me medications on top of medications which never really took care of the problems. I would describe Dr. Youngren as an “old fashion” type of physician with a modern twist. His extensive knowledge of the pelvic floor and medicine/pharmacology was evident upon meeting him and he definitely seems to be on top of his research. As a student studying healthcare, I consider myself a difficult person to deal with when it comes to doctors and such (with good reason in my opinion) – Dr. Youngren spent over an hour and a half listening to me going back and fourth discussing treatment options, etc. He examined me from head-to-toe and showed me his own marked reference materials to give me a better idea of what was going on. I honestly couldn’t believe how I felt about it all when I left. Within the next 2 days, I got a personal voicemail from him regarding my results and the next step. On top of everything, his staff was beyond nice, helpful, and down to earth (and professional, of course). I called up for a note regarding my visit a day after his voicemail and the staff got me a note within the next few hours. After that they followed up and called to confirm my receipt of it. I still cant really put into words how beyond helpful and legitimate he and his practice was/are.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

He was very easy to talk to, i felt like i could be honest and not be embarrassed. He spent a good amount of time with me and made sure i understood what was going on.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Responsive, knowledgeable and kind - explained things thoroughly - recommend him highly!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014

After four years of BPH treatment (after ruling out cancer), I opted for what turned out to be 100% successful greenlight surgery. In retrospect, I realized that Dr. Youngren's approach was informative all along the way without ever being pushy about surgery. It became MY decision but I made it with such a wealth of knowledge provided by him that, risky as it seemed at the time, I knew it was the only recourse. More importantly, I knew Dr. Youngren would be as amazing a surgeon as a diagnostician, and my instincts proved to be correct.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Dr. Youngren is a very personable physician. Too bad, because there's that little problem of his incompetence. After my urologist of many years retired I saw this doctor for treatment of cystitis which, by the way, I hadn't had any problem with for 8 years. Dr. Youngren gave me a long lecture about some obscure, chronic pelvic pain syndrome he'd found that he thought might be the problem--based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever. Meanwhile he neglected to treat the real problem in any way. It's real nice that he's interested in off-the-chart, whacko theories, but not when you need help. Find another urologist.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

This doc is the real deal. He knows his stuff, and communicates very well and understandable. One of the few doctors I have seen, that I have confidence in. Staff is very competent also.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

Great and caring Dr. and staff. First Dr. i've been to in a while that didn't make me feel rushed. He took his time listened to my concerns and answerd all my questions.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2010

Concerned and patient. Exudes an air of confidence to the troubled and confused patient

flag | Submitted January 28, 2008

Dr. Youngren was punctual, thorough, and extremely knowledgeble. He spent the most time of any physician I have ever visited, to explain not only what he was doing, but what treatment he will administer in the future. He shared a comprehensive knowlede of the medical issue at hand. In addtion he was courtious and receptive to questions. He solved my problem, which lasted for almost 20 years,and was not alleviated when I visited another doctor, previously.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2007

Dr. Kjell A. Youngren's Credentials

• Spanish

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1994)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Morristown, NJ