Ratings for Dr. Gerald W. Chan

My experience at Dr. Chan's office was amazing. It had been a while since I had been to the dentist and was a little apprehensive. Dr. Chan and his wonderful assistant Maria helped calm my nerves by explaining everything to me so I understood what was about happen . Dr. C

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Count this reviewer as "seriously impressed!!" I've both experiences in dental offices - where you walk in and go "wow" and where you think "never again." Dr. Chan and his staff are beyond WOW! Dr. Chan carefully addressed some complicated symptoms and talked me through some options for treatment without rushing me into anything. He was kind and compassionate and I did not feel pressured at all to make any decisions for further treatment. Dr. Chan as well as his staff were extremely thorough; it was the most thorough dental exam I've had in awhile and I needed it. They also accommodated a scheduling problem - I arrived late due to weather conditions yet I was still able to get xrays and cleaning and consultation in one visit as they worked me in. I will definitely be sending the rest of my family and friends to Gaithersburg Dental under the care of Dr. Chan and his staff. Oh and I have to mention that the office itself is beautiful and impeccably clean. I know people usually write reviews when they're dissatisfied but I was seriously impressed at a dental visit that truly stood out above many others and thought it worth sharing.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

The doctor was nice, kind and professional and kept us informed. The front office was professional and courteous. I had a good experience with this clinic.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

I was appalled to read the other person's review of Doctor Chan. I have been going to him for about a year now, and he is, without question, the best dentist I have ever had. The quality of his work is superior (he's a bit of a perfectionist, and it shows in his results), but above all, his bedside manner is absolutely above reproach. He has always been helpful, patient, and friendly. I cannot recommend this man strongly enough! In fact, I feel so strongly, that I am willing to give up anonymity. If you have questions, contact me at emooers@gmail.com

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

His initial "dental plan" for me was to replace all my teeth with veneers -$30,000-$40,000. Got angry when I didn't agree with the "plan". Big ego - he knows everything. Refused to repair tooth which caused further damage. Had to have several of his "repairs" fixed by another dentist.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2007

Dr. Gerald W. Chan

Dr. Gerald W. Chan's response
I am not sure who you may be. Based on my years of experience and knowledge, I first discuss the optimal solution of treatment with my patients. If that presents an uncomfortable financial situation, I discuss other options. I do not get angry simply because my patients cannot choose the first option. I try to present as many different scenarios as possible and help my patients achieve good dental health. I apologize if I came across as anything less than professional in my interaction with you. I would like the opportunity to make this right for you. If you would like to call the office and discuss your concerns with me, I would be happy to speak with you.

Submitted January 14, 2015