Ratings for Dr. Thomas E. Vravick

Normally waited 30 to 45 minutes in the waiting room and then 20 minutes in the exam room. Opened the folder and read the chart. Made his comments and did not want to listen to any questions or concerns. Very cold and arrogant! Happy I switched doctors.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2011

I found Dr. Vravick to be lacking in knowledge of insurance practices and unwilling to discuss things. When I tried to talk to him he just picked up a couple of my phrases and threw them back at me, saying, "All I'm hearing is (this phrase) and (that phrase). I would agree that he wasn't hearing. He was insistent on prescribing to me in a manner that differed from my decades-long prescription because he said he would be "dishonest" if he prescribed the same way (brand name rather than generic). It wasn't a "medical necessity." He wouldn't listen when I tried to tell him that my insurance company would cover it, had been covering it, we just paid a higher deductible. He doesn't listen. I informed him that I would not be coming to him again, so he prescribed for just a short-term, this medication I've been taking since 1995, because I "wouldn't let him examine me." A very controlling sort of person, very headstrong, not who I want for a doctor. I'm looking elsewhere. I don't need this.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

Dr. Vravick took all the time I needed to explain my situation and all my options. He wanted to be sure I was comfortable with the course of treatment. The two whiners were probably drug seekers.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2009

Doctor Vravick has been my primary physician for 15 years and have been very satisified with his professionlaism. I have always felt at ease with him and have had all my questions answered to my satisfaction.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2009

Gave false information about testing available. Said there was none for a serious family history of annuerysms and there is. I had to go to another doctor to learn this. Would never recommend this guy. Isn't knowledgable, timely, or worth your time or money.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2008

Dr. Vravick did not take the time to listen to me. I came to him with a serious problem and asked him to help me through it and he denied I had a problem, did not order additional tests and would not let me ask questions or make additional comments. I trusted him to help me with my condition and truly listen to me. I did not feel comfortable in his presence at all. I felt he did not take me seriously, I felt I was a waste of his time. I left his office in the middle of the conversation because he would not believe me, help me or answer any questions or address any concerns I had. I was extremely disappointed at his "bedside manner" and do not recommend him to anyone I care about. I have not been back to any doctor since that appointment. He has turned me off to doctors in general. I will take my search for a doctor much more seriously now and will be extra careful who I choose and how they act. Dr. Vravick is very judgemental.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2007

Dr. Thomas E. Vravick's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1984)

Avmed