Ratings for Dr. Deborah C. Block

Dr. Block is a very nice lady, but she really should consider retiring. I brought my daughter in to have a staple (I guess they use staples now instead of stitches) from her head. In order to see better, Dr Block hooked up a lamp (that was fine). Then she knocked over the lamp and it hit my daughter in the head! Okay, now we get to the (seemingly) simple process of taking out the staple. She repeatedly failed to remove the staple. My daughter is such a good sport, because I know that each failed attempt caused a lot of pain. To add insult to injury, Dr Block actually cursed each time she was unable to remove the staple! You can' make this stuff up!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Dr. Block is unprofessional at best. She is personally inappropriate and fixed in her opinions regardless of the information she is provided. The office is dirty, disorganized and poorly staffed. She gets nasty if you ask questions and she is uncooperative regarding second opinions....a telltale sign of marginal or incompetent care. She has not kept up with the state of pediatric care and relies on training that is over 40 years old. She is in a solo practice and speaks poorly of any other practices in the area. She is not respected in her professional community and is not current on any best practices whatsoever. Don't go to Dr. Block. She is the worst I have seen yet. Surprisingly bad and it begs to ask the question why she has no professional standing or reputation. I have heard from another former patient that she withholds records, makes personal attacks and takes it personally if you change practices. She also missed a MAJOR health issue in this former patient....something that required hospitalization...where she was told by nursing staff that Dr.Block FREQUENTLY misses MAJOR health issues in her patients and has had her license nearly revoked on several occasions. Scary.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

Dr. Block was my childs doctor for a very short time. Her office is in her house, and personality I really don't know how she gets away with this. The office is dirty and dark. It is in her basement with very little light. The exam rooms are very tiny and dark also. My child was very young and still breastfeeding, and when I decided to stop she got angry with me because I stopped. It was a personal choice. I had to call her for an issue that my child was having and I could not get through to her so I took my child to the emergency room, when we when it the follow-up appointment she got angry with me for going. She is rude and temperamental. If you do everything she says she is nice to you, but if you don't follow everything to the t she gets nasty with you. She is not a very good doctor and I would necer recommend her to anyone. Out dated, dirty office, rude with patients and parents. No bedside manner.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Dr. Block is an old school doctor who truly cares about her patients. She has a home remedy for most everyday sickness and behavior issues. My kids are generally healthy, but I would imagine she is adept at spotting more serious symptoms and knowing the proper steps to take.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

Dr. Bloch is unprofessional and sticks her nose in your personal business rather that actually address the issue that you came for. She spends more time talking about her family situation than actually paying attention to yours.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2011

Dr. Block is a sole practitioner. She works by herself in a portion of her house. The office is dirty, the wiating room small and ugly and the patient rooms tiny and cramped. The hours she is opened are limited. Here is the worst part. I knew she was not the dr for me. Limited hours, long waiting lines, no back up, and dirty place. With so much to choose from, why pick her? I called the office and said I want my 4 kids records sent to a new office. They told me that needed it in writing. They told me upon receipt of the letter they would tell me how much I owe them to copy my records. I sent a letter via overnight fedex to them that day. 60 days later no word on the records, even after following up once. I spoke with the office today and say I owe $10 per child to copy records and I need to send them the money. This is not a doctor's office with a culture of excellence.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2011

This is a tough Dr. to rate. She's good overall and knowledgeable about many homeopathic remedies as well as traditional medicine approaches. (which I like) You have to be prepared to wait a LONG time even if you are early or on time for appt. but, the flip side is that she will spend as much time with you as you want. She has a good manner with the kids but was a bit moody and snippy with me on a few occasions. (at first I thought she just had a bad day, but it did happen more than once) Usually pretty nice though. Overall a good Dr. and always returns calls. (one funny note...the secretary makes loud verbal complaints when the office desk phone rings or when a new patient arrives...as if this isn't part of her job description. It's actually quite comical and the other parents in the waiting room just kind of look at each other and smile. Office is a disaster...I don't know how on Earth they ever find anything.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

This Dr. is unprofessional. She is withholding medical records since we have decided to see another doctor.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Dr. Block is a wonderful, caring and very knowledgeable pediatrician. She always returns calls and is careful not to over medicate. I cannot say enough about her. Dr. Block is the "real thing".

flag | Submitted May 28, 2010

Dr. Deborah C. Block's Credentials

• Univ Of Chicago, Pritzker Sch Of Med, Chicago Il 60637 (Grad. 1966)

Amerigroup