Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Lucas

Dr lucas took my gall bladder out a few months ago I have been having problems with abdominal pain for about 3 months and also have crohn's disease which I consult a GI dr for. My crohn's is in remission and no one could figure out the source of my problems. So my family dr sent me to lucas for possible adhesions from the gall bladder surgery. Lucas continued to say if it was adhesions he wouldn't operate and I would have to just live with the pain (mindyou I am on strong painkillers and have to take them at least 4x a day!!!). Then he goes to say it was the crohn's and sent me to get a test done to see if it was active (like I said its in remission), the test come to find out doesn't even show if its active and I couldn't even keep the barium down. If you are considering seeing this dr I would advise you to see someone else!!!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

My son had an emergency appendectomy at 2 am and Dr. Lucas was the doctor on call. The surgery went very well, as well as the healing process. Scar minimal. Office appointments were triple booked for follow up visit and had to wait an excessive time, 2 hours overdue. Dr. Lucas did apologize and check out staff was friendly. Since we didn't have a choice in the surgeon, all in all happy with outcome.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2008

Doctor never answered our questions. He was very rude, and his staff was even worse. Get a second opinion from a different doctor.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2008

Dr. Michael J. Lucas's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)